Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 31st, 2018, 05:26 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
2018 Gencon Maps

I'm busy tomorrow so I am posting the maps today!

Burial Marsh
Common Ground
Draugur
Fulcrum
Highways & Dieways
Quasatch Playground
Remains of Clionesia
Stygian Rift
Ticalla Sunrise

Here is a link to the MapBook that I made that contains all of these maps.

Old May 31st, 2018, 07:06 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: 2018 Gencon Maps

Thank you

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 31st, 2018, 08:53 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Razzing

What, no Wendigo? :P

Solid set of maps. Looking forward to getting some scape on.

~Dysole, who maybe would've liked one more lava map but she's very happy with this
Old May 31st, 2018, 09:49 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Razzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

~Dysole, who maybe would've liked one more lava map but she's very happy with this
We would be more than happy to take any lava (or snow) terrain donations...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 31st, 2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Or Dungeon, my chainfighters need all the bonuses they can get
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Let It Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

We would be more than happy to take any lava (or snow) terrain donations...
I do have a set of tundra that I could pack if you're wanting to borrow it for the events assuming I read that right. (I also have dungeon but that's less organized)

~Dysole, who sadly owns no lava :'(
Old June 1st, 2018, 01:04 PM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

If custom terrain is acceptable, I believe either Sir Heroscape or Grishnakh (don't remember which) has a custom lava tutorial in his terrain thread.
Old June 1st, 2018, 01:53 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Unrelated to current conversation but where does the map Common Ground come from? I do not recognize it from WoS, BOV or ARV. These are the only places I thought tourney maps existed. Thanks in advance.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 1st, 2018, 02:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Unrelated to current conversation but where does the map Common Ground come from? I do not recognize it from WoS, BOV or ARV. These are the only places I thought tourney maps existed. Thanks in advance.
Not sure what WoS and ARV are, but Common Ground is a pretty widely accepted Tourney map that's been used at least a couple other times at GC. Also, just because a map is BoV doesn't make it good (Ember Canyon Road, Turret Rocks, and many, many others).
Old June 1st, 2018, 02:48 PM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Not sure what WoS and ARV are, but Common Ground is a pretty widely accepted Tourney map that's been used at least a couple other times at GC. Also, just because a map is BoV doesn't make it good (Ember Canyon Road, Turret Rocks, and many, many others).
WoS = Wargrounds of Scape

ARV = Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Old June 1st, 2018, 03:00 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
From my understanding the maps under BoV have been tested to some sort of level and then agreed upon to be an acceptable tourney maps. Doesn't mean all of them are good, they are all different, they just have been tested.

So I guess I will rephrase my question. What other pretty widely accepted tourney maps are there that did not come out of any of the review boards I have mentioned.

Old June 1st, 2018, 03:06 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
From my understanding the maps under BoV have been tested to some sort of level and then agreed upon to be an acceptable tourney maps. Doesn't mean all of them are good, they are all different, they just have been tested.

So I guess I will rephrase my question. What other pretty widely accepted tourney maps are there that did not come out of any of the review boards I have mentioned.
You're correct on the premise that BoV maps have been tested, but many are horrible and should never be used, primarily in the earlier period of their judging.

I don't know if there is a definitive list yet of good tourney maps. I have a BoV map tier list out in the maps section. Maybe I'll start a thread where I'll cover great tourney maps this summer...
Old June 1st, 2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're correct on the premise that BoV maps have been tested, but many are horrible and should never be used, primarily in the earlier period of their judging.

I don't know if there is a definitive list yet of good tourney maps. I have a BoV map tier list out in the maps section. Maybe I'll start a thread where I'll cover great tourney maps this summer...
I've only ever hosted one event and never went to any others so the only information I have is really from the forums here. My list has no previous experience on any of these maps so I have no idea what's good and what's not, just what is.

Just thought it was interesting there was one I have never seen before; is there a thread on maps only used from GC? Or are GC exclusive maps from original HS scenarios. I'm just wondering where I can find a list so I can add them to my list. If its used at GC I has to be a good map.

Edit: Your BoV tier list sounds interesting, it could help me filter out the bad maps from my list, do you happen to know where I can find this?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con