Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 13th, 2008, 12:20 AM

Troubleman23 has disabled reputation
Re: Engagement Strike Abilities

Thanks that sounds like a good way to play.

If you are interested in winning free stuff, please PM me, no joke, you know you want to!
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:06 AM

acdveins Woo who?

Agree 100% with you eclipse. I normaly let someone know every consequence of their moves. "You will take a leaving engagement strike if you do that", or "I get an engagement attack if you do that".

It the best way to play with anyone who is new, or just can't remember the rules very well.

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:35 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdveins View Post
With new players, let them do whatever they want as long as they say "I want to play again" then you have won the largest victory.
Same priorities here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I really just have no interest in winning on technicalities. Beating someone at the top of their game is completely different from taking advantage of the rules. Beating someone at their best is a victory, anything else is just a win.
I agree. We're very friendly in our games about reminding each other of things it looks like one of us may have forgotten, so long as the turn is still in process. Once the turn is over, however, players have to live with whatever mistakes they make..
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

In our games, even in the tournament setting, we pretty much allow people to correct mistakes, to go "oops" and redo something, to adjust or reconsider moves. The only exception would be if someone were doing those "mistakes" intentionally; but we've never had anyone try to take advantage of that situation. Of course, once dice are rolled the game moves on and there's no going back. But, most of the time we all try to help the other person play as good a game as possible within the rules. It's fun.
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Heroscape is supposed to be fun?

Old July 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart

My biggest issue with the ability is that I play against an all elf army, (Talkin about you Troubleman) and after awhile the elves look all the same, I forget who has what ability.

Alderaan shot first
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11 View Post
My biggest issue with the ability is that I play against an all elf army, (Talkin about you Troubleman) and after awhile the elves look all the same, I forget who has what ability.
Oh sure, all Elves look the same, ya racist.

I've called Arkmer Chardris on more than one occasion.
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11 View Post
Oh sure, all Elves look the same, ya racist.

I've called Arkmer Chardris on more than one occasion.

Well I don't know the elves very well. I don't have any Wave 8 or 8.5.

Alderaan shot first
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker

In my experience, the games where you help remind people of the little things like as he moves next to Arkmer you could say something like "You know you will be taking an engagement strike there?" seem to be the best games.
I alway go out of my way to remind strangers and friends of these types of things, and from doing so it has helped me not only remember the little things for when we play tournaments, but also, people started helping me. An example is I was moving Braxas in to position and the fellow I was playing with reminded me that if I was moving him there to do acid breath, that it would not work on the Marro Hounds because they are huge.
Now he didn't have to say that to help me, but he did it because it was nice and our game was going so well.
I like to win because my strategy was better. Not because someone forgot a small piece of info on a card and made a mistake.

Although when I lose I will say it was a mistake on my part!

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:31 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would say let them re-do it. There is nothing wrong with moving a figure to check LOS and then moving back. This is similar. If you don't, and you get into a rules arguemnt, it just isn't going to be fun. I say you can re-do all moves untill the point where you roll dice, then there is no turning back.
Old July 13th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

One question that I have, and I think I know the answer to, is whether a Wolf of Badru who kills a figure adjacent to a Nakita or Arkmer will prompt a d20 engagement strike roll.

I say yes, because the wolf becomes adjacent to the Nakita/Arkmer. Seems pretty simple. At least that's how I handled it when I had a WoB Pounce Kyntela Gwyn to death when she was next to Arkmer. He rolled below a 13 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
One question that I have, and I think I know the answer to, is whether a Wolf of Badru who kills a figure adjacent to a Nakita or Arkmer will prompt a d20 engagement strike roll.

I say yes, because the wolf becomes adjacent to the Nakita/Arkmer. Seems pretty simple. At least that's how I handled it when I had a WoB Pounce Kyntela Gwyn to death when she was next to Arkmer. He rolled below a 13 though.
I would say that they do suffer the Engagement Strike.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's