Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 22nd, 2019, 08:52 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Power Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
MHA is to OPM as FMA is to SDS. Basically power levels in one are ridiculous compared to the others. I'd love to make some Seven Deadly Sins stuff, but they're all very powerful characters and I'm not sure I could make balanced cards with them. I am similarly hesitant about OPM. (Then again Superman is pretty broken) You may also see me pop in some Soul Eater ideas I've had for a while.

~Dysole, rummaging through her brain
Point costs exist for a reason. Event Heroes exist for a reason. Even if we're looking at characters who are likely going to end up over 1,000, that's not without precedent. If this One Punch Man chap is supremely powerful to the degree no one can realistically beat him but gets bored, well there's precedent for that too. I say go for it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 22nd, 2019, 08:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
(Then again Superman is pretty broken)
The character or the card?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:01 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
(Then again Superman is pretty broken)
The character or the card?
I think she means the character.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:08 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

I hope so! I'd be worried if a CRB member thought one of our Superman cards was broken and was only bringing it up now!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:15 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Broken Record

Yeah, Superman as a character. (I also recently found out how broken Darkseid is as well)

So I think on some level it's possible to create balanced figures with OP things, I think the challenge when comparing anime to comics is that well there's lots of comics with lots of stories where if a character does something especially broken it's a little easier to forget it happened whereas with anime it's often a much more remembered quantity. I guess I think the struggle is that in an attempt to accurately match the character, it could get very easy to lose sight of the game stuff. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it being on the CRB and also looking at some older designs of mine and realizing I made abilities that were too powerful and these were on characters who in universe weren't super powerful. I dunno. I guess it's that restraint is a key component of game design and anime is rarely known for restraint. :P

~Dysole, who'll probably still give things a shot
Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:31 AM

So, Zorro!

Master Swordplay + Leap 8 + something else?

Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:34 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Broken Record

Quote:
Yeah, Superman as a character. (I also recently found out how broken Darkseid is as well)

So I think on some level it's possible to create balanced figures with OP things, I think the challenge when comparing anime to comics is that well there's lots of comics with lots of stories where if a character does something especially broken it's a little easier to forget it happened whereas with anime it's often a much more remembered quantity. I guess I think the struggle is that in an attempt to accurately match the character, it could get very easy to lose sight of the game stuff. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it being on the CRB and also looking at some older designs of mine and realizing I made abilities that were too powerful and these were on characters who in universe weren't super powerful. I dunno. I guess it's that restraint is a key component of game design and anime is rarely known for restraint. :P

I think Saitama might actually be more powerful than (post-Crisis) Supes, or maybe he just shows his true power more often.

I think a lot of the iconic non-villains with that much power have some sort of limit that makes them hold back. Supes has his morals, Goku has to train and always wants a fair fight, and Saitama and Doc M just don’t care too much. So I think leaning into that is the best move for a character like Saitama. Insane statline, but not very reliable.

Idk, sometimes I really wish you could reference point values on cards. I think that would make Saitama a whole lot easier to design.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:35 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
So, Zorro!

As in he can leap 8 spaces high or long?
Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:46 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
So, Zorro!

Maybe a whip power? Or some kind of acrobatics/tricky movement thing? We could do a riff on Leap that includes that kind of thing, though.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 11:19 AM
Hard as ice

Re: Broken Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

I think Saitama might actually be more powerful than (post-Crisis) Supes, or maybe he just shows his true power more often.

I think a lot of the iconic non-villains with that much power have some sort of limit that makes them hold back. Supes has his morals, Goku has to train and always wants a fair fight, and Saitama and Doc M just don’t care too much. So I think leaning into that is the best move for a character like Saitama. Insane statline, but not very reliable.

Idk, sometimes I really wish you could reference point values on cards. I think that would make Saitama a whole lot easier to design.

Cue @Tornado in 3, 2, 1...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 22nd, 2019, 11:28 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, that does sound like a great mechanic.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 11:51 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, that does sound like a great mechanic.
Am I late to the party?

Without point values I think something like this could be cool;
Quote:
”OK.”
After targeting a figure to attack, roll the 20-sided die, adding the target’s attack number to your roll. If you roll X or lower, Saitama can not attack this turn.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy