Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Swamper's Customs - The Avenger Initiative!

*ahem*

Well, I thought that I would put a few of my superhero customs I have come up with over the last month or so up for all to view, and criticize, and help me make better! So without further ado, my favorite custom I've made so far. *NOTE: My father won't allow me to download the card creator thing, so I have no fancy cards to put up here. Just the stats and powers* But luckily, mac122 is a stellar guy and is making the cards for me!

Spider-Man Characters
Spoiler Alert!

Avengers!
Spoiler Alert!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Last edited by Swamper; June 5th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Swamper's Customs

Here are a few quick comments, Swamper.

Cost is too low. He's stronger than Cap America for sure. I'd put him at about 260 to start.

Your Web Blade Special Attack needs some sort of descriptive text. Special attacks always do something "special".

Overall, he seems pretty fun.
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

260?! I don't want him over 200.

I'll lower his defense to 4, and make the web blade attack 3 instead of four. As for a special power for web blade, I'll need to think about something fitting.

-Swamper, cost cuttingly.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Last edited by Swamper; June 14th, 2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Got some numbers mixed up
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM

New draft of Carnage. Changes in bold.

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 4

Symbiotic Regeneration - (same)
Web Blades - range 5 attack 4 (I want to put something in here about this move being unaffected by Spidey sense. Maybe that could be the wording. Web Blade special attack is unaffected by Spidey sense?)
Swing line 4
Spidey sense 14

200 points? In my playtests I just did against Venom and Spidey he won both, but not by much.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
WEB BLADES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
The defending figure may not use Spidey Sense when attacked by Web Blades Special Attack.
Something like this?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Yes, like that. I'm not sure if that would be good official wording though. I would like for it to affect other figures other than the Spidey dudes. Maybe something like "this attack can not be avoided"?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Defending figures may use any special powers on their card when defending against Web Blades Special Attack.

This might work for what you're trying to accomplish.
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
200 points? In my playtests I just did against Venom and Spidey he won both, but not by much.
Try pitting him against Capt and Iron Man and see who wins.
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Range 5. Attack 4.
Figures attacked with Web Blades Special Attack may not move for the duration of Carnage's turn and must roll defense dice normally.
I think this is closer to what you want, but I'm not sure about the wording.

I'm not too familiar with Carnage. Does this attack launch "blades" at the defender? And because he is also a "Spider" man, he has learned how to avoid triggering Spidey Sense with this attack?

Edit: Ninja'd by Balantai. His wording is much better.

Quote:
Range 5. Attack 4.
Defending figures may not use any special powers on their army card when defending against Web Blades Special Attack.
2nd Edit:
Say hello to your little friend (version 1):
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; June 14th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM

Wow, thanks mac122! That looks great! The tentacles are fine colored red. They are a part of him, after all.

Out of three battles with Iron Man, Carnage won 2 and lost one. And out of three battles with Cap, he won 1 and lost 2. I think that 210 would be good pointswise. And now, I need to test him in some armies!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not bad. And I'm glad to see you trying your hand at some customs. It becomes easier to catch errors the more you make... trust me.

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Some things to say here:

For the special, it has to say "can't use Spidey Sense or SPider Sense" since Venom and Spidey's powers are named differently. Also, why do you want him at 200? If he can take down Venom and SPidey at once, she should be 310 (Venon: 150 + Spidey: 160).

Otherwise, great job! I can probably do cards for you since school if out tomorrow.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations