Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:49 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
My only complaint

My ONE, only, and minor complaint with HS is that there is not more cover for units.

So I think to make the game more interesting and this is PURELY MY OPINION so don't get mad at me if you think it is a bad idea. But feel free to point out flaws.

How about this, if you can see ALL of a units hit zone you carry out an attack.

But if the hit zone is partially blocked you roll a d20. I say a 6 or higher and you can carry out the attack. That gives you a 75% chance to successfully carry out the attack. If a 1-5 is rolled the attack is misfired and directed at whatever is blocking the hit zone of the target. Now this is the part I was debating on. The figure could roll an unblockable attack die like a leaving engagement attack, or the entire attack could be directed at the figure blocking the hit zone, with the target using any special attacks. (for example Krav roll for Stealth Dodge, Drake would evade it completely) Of course trees and such would just block the attack comepletely.

There are some problems for example two figures blocking the target's LOS, so the closer one would take the hit.

Your thoughts?

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:51 PM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
i think its a very good addition to HS rules. great idea
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:52 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
Well I'm not awake enough to give a long explanation as to why I agree, but needless to say, I do. I'm sure if Reaper finds this he will share his house rules for partial cover, their good rules in my opinion, so Reaper if you read this I'm giving you Kudos, not warning people of you.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:57 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Sounds like some decent rules. Another way to handle it is to give the defender an extra defend die.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:11 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
interesting - 2 people out of the blue bring up partial cover implementations within hours of each other.

This thread maybe should be merged with the other very similar one here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ghlight=#29293

or at least check out the suggestions in that thread - they may be to your liking, gorrilinator.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:34 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I was going to add what Rhydder said. Why not, if you can't see most of the figure, give the defender an extra defense die. That would be more in keeping with the theme of the game, where you're always maneuvering to gain a positional advantage. Keep your guys behind trees, and when your opponent says, 'yeah, I can see the corner of his hat' say, 'great, I get another die.'

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:30 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ya - kinda like is posted over in the other thread, earlier today.
Quote:
3) Partial Cover: If a unit only moves (doesn’t attack), he can duck behind significant obstructions (like a 3-or-4- high terrain) to avoid non-adjacent Line of Site for that turn.
3a) If a figure is targeted by a non-adjacent figure, and if any (reasonably significant) part of the targeted figure's hit zone is obstructed by terrain or terrain features, that figure rolls an extra die to defend.
3b) When only able to target a flying unit’s wings, any successful wound instead decreases the unit’s (flying) Movement by 2.
Those are really just compilations of some of the better LOS/Partial Cover rules I've seen bandied about since .net....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions