Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 26th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

But reading this card, if a GIE moves onto a water space adjacent to a Kraken Tentacle, that would mean the Tentacle is no longer on a water space but now occupies a normal ice space. Nobody moved it there so it doesn't violate the Water Bound Movement, but it seems to run counter to the spirit of the design.
Not really, it just can't move, like it was frozen in place.
I can imagine that being the situation, but nothing on either card would cause it to be frozen in place. WBM states that the Kraken can't move or be moved onto any space but water. It doesn't say anything about moving off of another type of terrain (just guessing, but probably because they aren't intended to be on any other type of terrain).

Jotun's Throw also causes a bit of a break in theme. The Tentacles would be an extension of the unseen body of the Kraken, they aren't really independent figures. If Jotun were to throw one, he'd be pulling the tentacle off, which really should kill it. Perhaps the WBM should be adjusted to not allow any power to move a tentacle at all. Another

OOOF! At least partially, quasi-'d by several Scapers.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Actually, it can move. It doesn't affect the Tentacle at all (except the GIE will probably kill it with its 6 attack dice.)
Unless it was a friendly GIE.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
to review Tentacles of the Kraken.

Though I do have reservations about a unit that can never completely be killed off.
Well, they can in fact be killed off. If all four are dead at the same time, you cannot use the ability. (Or can you? Hmmmm....)

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I read the power as saying that they can be (since it specifically mentions that they don't start on the field and can specifically be replaced after death). But there is a bit of leeway there for more than one reading of the power (something I forgot to mention in my review above, but noticed).
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I read the power as saying that they can be (since it specifically mentions that they don't start on the field and can specifically be replaced after death). But there is a bit of leeway there for more than one reading of the power (something I forgot to mention in my review above, but noticed).
True. It was obvious to me that they could come back if they were all dead, due to "At the start of each round" and the fact that they can be brought back, but there is a valid question of whether or not Release the Kraken is still in effect after the squad completely dies.
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The default is for powers to no longer work when the unit is destroyed. There are exceptions but they are spelled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

qt, what is the intention of your design? That they can come back after they are all destroyed or not?

If the intention is that they cannot come back after being completely destroyed, I may change my vote. I don't like the tracking that needs to be done to determine which tentacles have been deployed and which ones have not, though I suppose in point-tracking scoring systems that would need to be tracked anyway. I also don't like the strategy of always leaving one tentacle behind undeployed so there is always a chance to bring the other three back.
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The default is for powers to no longer work when the unit is destroyed. There are exceptions but they are spelled out.
Right. The statement that they start off the board, the discussion of it happening every round before OMs, and the specific language about previously destroyed ones, all get very close to spelling it out.

However, there is just enough room to argue for a difference between starting off the board and having the power work (including on previously destroyed units) versus having the power work after all 4 have been killed (after "dropping").
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can see someone claiming that they can still play even after all their units are dead because they can still bring back the Kraken next round.

How does it work with Thanos? That is another unit that can keep coming back, isn't it?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My intent was that they could keep coming back even when all 4 are destroyed...however as with any unit, if it is the last unit in your army and it is killed the game is over, even if it has the ability to come back.
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tentacles of the Kraken have a couple of issues that give me pause.
First the special powers are text monsters. This could be partly relieved if there were a Kraken card and figure. That way Release the Kraken could be on that card. That would also take care of the problem with the Tentacles consistently being revived.
Second Water Bound Movement also presents a couple of questions too. When could they actually use their normal movement? When moving up a waterfall?
Finally this is also a same figure squad, but in this instances that really isn't a big deal. I would vote yes for review without hestiation if there were a Kraken card as well. Instead I will vote YES with some hestiation.
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to re-submit my custom here for nomination, with the changes suggested:

Threforian Raptor

Figure used: Reaper Legends; Fastclaw

Bio: From the steamy world of Grut comes yet another force for good. Long has the dinosaur race been vilified and associated with orcs on Valhalla, but after the summoning of the Wolfen, it has become clear to Aquilla that they could be just as handy as the spiders from her own beloved jungle. Now brought to this new world, these raptors adapt quickly and begin to pose a grave threat for any orc or marro who step into Ticalla!

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Fi Skirata; April 27th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs