Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old November 23rd, 2020, 12:55 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Bad news for my numerical HSper experience

Hello all,
Just to give a quick notify here about that...

Just last week my computer decided to have a huge bug that were just going worst with all my attempts.
To keep things short, at the end of the day I lost most of my private folders, and the reason I explain this here is because part of this were my 15 Go of Heroscape stuff.

Concretely, what it implies ?
All the resources I made during all these years now only exists as "final" unchangeable files on the net. A few examples :
  • I no longer have my photoshop file of Valhalla's Map.
  • I no longer have my photoshop templates to make Valhalla Custom banners nor the HTML templates to update my website
  • I also lost my Solidwork file of HS General dice
  • Bye bye my self-customed Magic Set Editor with for instance SoV & C3V logos and a better Utgar template both used in the official french cards translations (lost too...) (an example), and more generally my stuff related to the army card (hitzones & cut out photos etc...)

And less concerning -and probably insignificant for you- but also :
  • all my VirtualScape files that I did not shared here before (i.e. a lot ahah)
  • a lot of image resources related to heroscape and old heroscape... like wallpapers, banners and icons we could only find in hasbro's heroscape site or others I remade myself at high quality. Some are on my website... not everything.
  • not in use since a lot of time, but also BoSS PDF's templates for maps building instructions + scenarios.
... and probably more that I'll remember only in a few weeks/mounth...

I'll get through all of this, but the conclusion of all of this is that for an undefined period I won't be doing any new stuff related to heroscape around here.
All my current projects are just paused and probably ended... Some are mentioned above, others were more confidential for now ahah.

DanieLoche.

PS : yes, I already use a lot of back-up solutions, like an external HDD and clouds (Google Drive with real-time back-up & sync, box.com...), but my 50Go of personnal files don't fit in all of this and I got really unlucky about my HDD here... please don't rub me in about that ahah ! I am not doing a phD in embedded IT safety for nothing. ;P

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; November 24th, 2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2020, 03:56 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Bad news for my numerical HSper experience

My condolences. After a period of mourning, I hope some of the more important things you can redo then keep a back up. IMHO the MSE for French translations would be most important, but Valhalla Custom banners would be next. I have Heroscape folder in Google Drive that I backup everything to, and use Google Drive Backup & Sync, but do need to backup my MSE config again, as that is s real pain to redo.
Old November 23rd, 2020, 05:40 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
My condolences. After a period of mourning, I hope some of the more important things you can redo then keep a back up. IMHO the MSE for French translations would be most important, but Valhalla Custom banners would be next. I have Heroscape folder in Google Drive that I backup everything to, and use Google Drive Backup & Sync, but do need to backup my MSE config again, as that is s real pain to redo.

Yeah.. the thing is, if you combine all my stuff about heroscape... and everything else I have, then I have way too much to back-up with a cloud.
My google drive is already full with other stuff and I have also a box.com account with a few things on it. ... at least I didn't lose my spreadsheets too..!

I usualy have a HDD to back-up everything, but this year it seems like all the stars are misaligned against me..! I erased it temporarily in order to reinstall my girlfriend computer... and since I could not find the time to back-up everything again on it..!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old November 24th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh no!

I was just thinking about you the other day, DL, as I was fiddling around in the Books threads. I'm so sorry you lost all these things!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 24th, 2020, 01:04 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oof, that’s a bummer. If you choose to have the Windows virus as your primary OS on your computer (like many people do,) OneDrive can be your friend to prevent this at least for the future... Or any sort of backup solution... most cloud backups are usually a few clicks away, as long as you trust in kinds of things.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online