Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 6th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Non - Designing

In the comics, he is an actual scientist. Even after his lobotomy, he is one.
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Ursa

If she was promoted to Major in the Army, she'd be Ursa Major! Get it? She's a Big Dipper! (crickets) Working on these jokes is such a bear. Get it? (louder crickets)

A-hem!

Should the special attack be listed before Kryptonian Defense?

The Kryptonite Dagger is pretty nasty.

Non

I suppose if you're going to start killing, you should pull out all the stops and have fun with it. Very nasty, indeed!

Final Thoughts

I know this ERB is more abbreviated from what I usually submit, but time is a bit short at the moment, and these two are strait-forward. I also had to Google these names, as they sounded familiar. They are, indeed, two of the three on trial at the beginning of the first Christopher Reeves Superman movie that I saw as a teen. Good stuff!
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm with Margloth - I think after the lobotomy (which I'm assuming this version represents), Brute is a lot more accurate than Scientist. I just don't see the guy lending his brilliant analysis to anything ....

Also, does this guy hit harder than Superman? I could see a drop to attack of 7 if you're worried about his cost level. I wouldn't want to see a drop to defense of 5, though, and extreme swinginess here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM

He did maintain his intellect and scientific prowess though. And he is AS strong as Superman, the real one.
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:06 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With the ability to kill and keep attacking, though, I think 7 attack is a good representation of him as somewhere between our Superman I and our Superman II (especially since Superman has to have an advantage in skill over him post-lobotomy. Not to mention Superman's beaten Ursa, Non, and Zod together, so he's got to be a better fighter on some level).

Edit: Also, I think the most iconic representation of this guy is the movie where he's a dimwit. Not saying we should ignore the comic version, just that I think "scientist" and the brilliance associated with that class is going to be tough for a lot of folks to swallow.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2012, 11:13 AM

If we go with the movie version, which is fine by me, then yeah, Brute or something would better. I can drop his attack to 7 or even as low as 6.
Old March 6th, 2012, 02:00 PM

Well he should still play like a bruiser - honestly I think 8 attack is fine thematically, but I think 7 attack works too and will help him feel less swingy. 6 attack feels too low, though.

Old March 6th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Thanks man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
Thanks you gentlemen for all of your insight and help.

URSA

KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUE HERO
SPY
SADOMASOCHISTIC
MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 240

KRYPTONIAN DEFENSE

When Ursa rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

KRYPTONITE DAGGER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.

Kryptonians roll two fewer defense dice against this special attack. After using Kryptonite Dagger Special Attack, you must place one wound marker on this card.

[Wicked. Nice to see the price attached. One option to consider is a "Must roll one unblockable die" as the price instead of it just being an autowound, if the autowound starts to look too pricey in further testing.]

FLYING

SUPERSTRENGTH

NON

KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUE HERO
SCIENTIST
MUTE
MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 320

KILL CRAZY
When Non destroys an Opponent's figure with his normal attack, he may attack again rolling 1 additional attack die for each figure he destroyed this turn. Non may continue attacking with his normal attack until he does not destroy a figure.

[Wow--that's a beastly power! Don't engage him with more than one person (or keep your guys close together), that's for sure--ouch!]

KRYPTONIAN DEFENSE
When Non rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

FLYING

SUPERSTRENGTH
Have to run off to a meeting, but these looks solid. I like that they have one unique (and very thematic) power--straight-forward and fun. Smart, restrained designing.

I'd say more, but I have to go and, honestly, these look clean. Nice powers, balanced, ways to get around them (or prices to them). Look smart.

Best, V
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:33 AM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Non

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 320, and he is really only gonna be worth more in situations where he can be surrounded by enemy figures to beef up his Kill Frenzy.
- Give a brief overview. A bruiser, but doesn't have the survivability that even Supergirl has with her extra life, but, he does have an extra attack and a killing/attacking power that let him hit for more damage than her.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 320.
- Give a brief overview. Kill Crazy is crazy in this type of match, but it doesn't completely counter the tactics of squads circling, gaining height, having multiple attacks, mulitple figures, etc. The value of the power is a real threat to any squad based army, but it is easy to predict and it isn't impossible to counter.
Map: Negative Zone.
Units: Non - VS - Moloids x32.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Give a brief overview. No reason here for the Corps to gang up and engage Non, so Kill Crazy wasn't really useful here. Still, his defense holds up really well, and his attack number is very nasty.
Units: Non - VS - Luthor Corps x2 +1.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. Non is a big hitter with survivability, and though his kill crazy power is only useful in niche situations, when you can use it, it is a really nice way to clear some space on the battlefield.
Units: Non, Superboy (Con-El), and Supergirl - VS - Sinestro, Sin Soldiers x5.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. Just a bruiser here, but one that was worth his value. He went toe to toe with Hulk just before falling short, and that was a huge burden lifted off of his team.
Units: Non, Batman, and Deadpool - VS - Thor and Hulk.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Griffin; March 8th, 2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 02:08 AM

All done. These Kryptonians are fun, and I can't wait to try them out with Zod.

I like 320 here on Non, as he is quite comparable with Supergirl actually.

Now accepting pre-yeas.
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:36 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Lightbulb Re: The Book of Non - Designing

Pre-yea, looks like a fun beatstick.

And hey, I learned something today! I always thought Thor had to be adjacent to someone to use his SA!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 8th, 2012, 10:31 AM

pre-yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library