Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Freddy vs. Jason

OK, these are my first customs for classic Heroscape so I know they need some help. These guys got cut from C3G so I thought I would rework them for classic. Let me know what you think.
Thanks to C3G for letting me use Undead Resilience.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Freddy vs. Jason

Why don't you create your own customs with C3G compatibility?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I thought about that but I think they fit better with classic actually. You could still run them with C3G.

Any thoughts on the powers?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 21st, 2013, 05:20 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like "Freddy's Nightmare" it captures the feel of the movies perfectly! A couple of thoughts on it. When he appears, can he go next to any figure that didn't move or attack ("don't sleep!"), or just one? In other words, can he go next to Victim A, who didn't move, but also next to Victim B, who did move, and then attack both?

Here's an alternate version, just a suggestion:

FREDDY'S NIGHTMARE
This figure starts the game on this card. If this figure is on this card, at the end of the round you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card, and place this figure adjacent to an opponent's figure. When placing Freddy with Freddy's Nightmare, you may not place him adjacent to an opponent's figure with a revealed numbered Order Marker on its Army Card. You may then immediately attack any or all engaged figures. At the beginning of the round, if Freddy is not engaged, you may place him on this card.

Added the X Order Marker (otherwise you never need to put any OMs on him to use him) and use the numbered OM to represent "wakeful" figures so you don't have to remember who moved this turn.

Also, one of my figures has a "Kreuger Claw" power, feel free to adapt if you like it:

When Agent Eva attacks an adjacent small or medium figure, it rolls 1 fewer defense die. When Agent Eva makes a leaving engagement attack against a small or medium figure, a skull counts as two hits.

That might not come into play since he won't be making many LEAs off the board!
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:11 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

These are looking really good Tornado!

With Jason, is it worth making him a Stalker so there are no potential Hunter bonding in the future with C3V? Not sure about adding the extra two rolls to the Friday The 13th power, it's definitely a cool idea though! Really like the idea of the Ch-ch-ch-ch-ha-ha-ha-ha power, just not sure on the name really, seems a bit long to me. I have a write-up for Jason coming, which I shall probably post in my customs thread in the next couple of days, feel free to use anything off that if you like, although I'm making it C3G compatible it's essentially the one in the design thread, just tweeked so it isn't ridiculously overpowered

With Freddy, he looks very good, suits him a lot. Something I thought about for Freddy when he was being discussed in the C3G design thread was this:

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the board. At the end of the round, if Freddy Krueger is on this card, you may place him on any figure's Army Card you're opponent controls that has not moved or attacked this round. Whilst Freddy Krueger is on an opponents figure's Army Card, Freddy Krueger is consdered adjacent to, and may attack any figure on that Army Card and all figure's on that Army Card cannot move and may only attack Freddy Krueger. Figure's affected by Your Worst Nightmare are always considered to be adjacent to Freddy Krueger. If all figure's on the chosen Army Card are destroyed, place Freddy Krueger on his Army Card and remove 2 Wound Markers from his Army Card.

Obviously needs a bit of tweeking, but that's what I had in store for him. You're idea is much simpler though and really suits him. Like IshMEL stated, an X Order Marker reveal would be a good idea to place on him.

These are you're customs though, so you can go whatever way you want to with them, we are just here to help you out but these both look really good!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:57 PM

Thanks Ishmel. I actually had FN the same as your version but my thought was a figure could take a turn through bonding and not have an OM on the card at all. Now this might be a good counter to the powerful bonding army builds, I do not think it fits the theme as well as mine. Yours is easier though. If mine proved too much of a hassle I would revert to your version.
The X OM is a nice touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
These are looking really good Tornado!

With Jason, is it worth making him a Stalker so there are no potential Hunter bonding in the future with C3V? Not sure about adding the extra two rolls to the Friday The 13th power, it's definitely a cool idea though! Really like the idea of the Ch-ch-ch-ch-ha-ha-ha-ha power, just not sure on the name really, seems a bit long to me. I have a write-up for Jason coming, which I shall probably post in my customs thread in the next couple of days, feel free to use anything off that if you like, although I'm making it C3G compatible it's essentially the one in the design thread, just tweeked so it isn't ridiculously overpowered

With Freddy, he looks very good, suits him a lot. Something I thought about for Freddy when he was being discussed in the C3G design thread was this:

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the board. At the end of the round, if Freddy Krueger is on this card, you may place him on any figure's Army Card you're opponent controls that has not moved or attacked this round. Whilst Freddy Krueger is on an opponents figure's Army Card, Freddy Krueger is consdered adjacent to, and may attack any figure on that Army Card and all figure's on that Army Card cannot move and may only attack Freddy Krueger. Figure's affected by Your Worst Nightmare are always considered to be adjacent to Freddy Krueger. If all figure's on the chosen Army Card are destroyed, place Freddy Krueger on his Army Card and remove 2 Wound Markers from his Army Card.

Obviously needs a bit of tweeking, but that's what I had in store for him. You're idea is much simpler though and really suits him. Like IshMEL stated, an X Order Marker reveal would be a good idea to place on him.

These are you're customs though, so you can go whatever way you want to with them, we are just here to help you out but these both look really good!
I am cool with Stalker, though Hunter synergy would be fun it is not very theme-y.
The extra d20 rolls are only rolled if it is actually Friday the 13th, which is a rarity. That is there purely fot theme and I thought it was fun.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha is the 'music' playing in the background when Jason is stalking someone. It was the only thing that came to mind and I am open to suggestions. Again theme and fun won here.

I like the mechanics of your Nightmare power better. Yours represents the battle going on in 'dream world', which I really like. There should be some way for the victim to escape with Freddy in tow, perhaps only Unique figures can do this.

Thanks for the input!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:19 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am cool with Stalker, though Hunter synergy would be fun it is not very theme-y.
The extra d20 rolls are only rolled if it is actually Friday the 13th, which is a rarity. That is there purely fot theme and I thought it was fun.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha is the 'music' playing in the background when Jason is stalking someone. It was the only thing that came to mind and I am open to suggestions. Again theme and fun won here.

I like the mechanics of your Nightmare power better. Yours represents the battle going on in 'dream world', which I really like. There should be some way for the victim to escape with Freddy in tow, perhaps only Unique figures can do this.

Thanks for the input!
It's up to you on whether you want the synergy or not, as it's your custom it is up to you! Just looking at Jason, to me I see it difficult for a someone like him to gel with loads of hunters, plus he does stalker the victims that try to run
Oh yes it is definitely a fun idea and a cool theme! I worded my sentence badly, but what I meant was is that I thought the wording was a bit off, the wording for that last bit of that power didn't seem quite right to me. I think the last sentence of that power should read:

If it is Friday the 13th, you may roll the 20-sided die two additional times.

Not a big change or anything, just originally the wording just seemed a little off. I see that now! It's a nice fitting title now that I see it, definitely see the theme! And it looks to be a very fun power, definitely to lock figures down, and stop opponent's figures from getting to your own key figures. The only titles I can think over it are No One Escapes Jason or Inevitable Death.

Thank you! The only problem is is that it is a really complex power that will take up loads of space on a card. Maybe something like a D20 roll to escape with Unique Heroes, adding 1 for each life remaining on the Army Card? Originally I thought a Fearless personality immunity might work, but then I remember you are making these for classic
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:17 PM

Grab your machete and hockey mask, it is Friday the 13th.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards