Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 27th, 2014, 12:22 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Marvel Dice Master Giveaway contest on BGG

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17...sters-giveaway

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old April 27th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
None of those are very good, hahma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
No Heroscape? Surprised that isn't on anyone's list of complaints so far. (At least I didn't see it). It's also interesting that they had Mice and Mystics and Dungeon Run, but no Summoner Wars. But yes, this list could use improvement.
Well Heroscape would be obvious here, but it's also OOP and very expensive to get a good collection. So while we'd all recommend it, it's not very accessible for the most part.

People can also check the list of rated games on Boardgamegeek.com. to get some ideas. But then again, there are a ton of great games that aren't at the top of the list. Though when there are that many, there will be good ones way down the list, depending on people's interests.

People can go there and research some games and check out the comments and reviews. Even some video reviews and walk-throughs of gameplay to see if it's something they are interested in. It's a bit more work than looking at that flowchart, but it will also give you a whole lot more options.

That flowchart is fine in a way, but can also become limited of choices, as well as dated, considering there are always new games coming out in each of those genres.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Played in the MTG prerelease and got first with a UR deck. Then I got to play a few more games of Marvel Dice. Im straight up addicted to this game right now. I ended up buying 2 gravity feeds(120 booster packs total) so I have plenty of dice. Thing is the games I played today was only with the starter set and it was just enough to have them asking for more. Ive read a few mixed opinions about WizKids as a company but this is my first purchase from the them and I personally think they hit the bullseye with this game. Lets just hope Im still singing its praises after 100 games.
If you need to trade anything, let me know. I've gotten 2/3 of a Gravity Feed so far (and pulled the Super Rare Black Widow from those), and the rest of my order (including the Starter Set) should be here within the week.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
If you need to trade anything, let me know. I've gotten 2/3 of a Gravity Feed so far (and pulled the Super Rare Black Widow from those),
For those keeping score at home, this is reason #3,500 to want to be Jim, which is something of a milestone. Also, whoever guessed "... will get the Super Rare Black Widow" in the "What cool thing will Jim do next" competition, please see an attendant for your prize voucher.

Thank you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 27th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
If you need to trade anything, let me know. I've gotten 2/3 of a Gravity Feed so far (and pulled the Super Rare Black Widow from those),
For those keeping score at home, this is reason #3,500 to want to be Jim, which is something of a milestone. Also, whoever guessed "... will get the Super Rare Black Widow" in the "What cool thing will Jim do next" competition, please see an attendant for your prize voucher.

Thank you.

Old April 27th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 27th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

?

Oh, I thought you were calling me with your Jim-Signal.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was just celebrating the Jimness that is Jim in pictorial form. Cuz, sometimes, words just don't do the trick.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 28th, 2014, 09:16 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played a massive 500 point Allies vs SSU Dust Warfare battle yesterday on a 4x8 table full of buildings and misc terrain. My Allies armed with phaser weaponry, won the day pretty handily.

Also squeezed in a first game of Dragon Dice. That's right MM! I picked up a goblins vs dwarves starter yesterday. Thanks for the link to the how to play video, it was very helpful.
Old April 28th, 2014, 10:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Although I'm trying not to buy any new games, here is a list of expansions I will be getting in the next four months:

MAY: Firefly the Game: Pirates and Bounty Hunters
JUNE: Memoir 44: D-Day Landings
JULY: Commands & Colors Napoleoncs: The Prussian Army
AUGUST: Star Trek Fleet Captains: The Dominion
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Although I'm trying not to buy any new games, here is a list of expansions I will be getting in the next four months:

Next time I come to NY, I would love to play Memoir and Fleet Captains with you Chas. Does the "Gang" play Memoir with you?
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Played a massive 500 point Allies vs SSU Dust Warfare battle yesterday on a 4x8 table full of buildings and misc terrain. My Allies armed with phaser weaponry, won the day pretty handily.
That sounds cool G-O. I wish someone around me was big into that and had all that stuff that I could play and not be the one supplying it. As it is, only one other guy in my group has Sergeants Miniatures stuff, but otherwise I supply all the stuff when I play with others. Same will be true when I get Mercs Recon. I'll have a boatload for the Recon game, at Agent Level with the All-In Mission packs, CCP209 and Drones x2, so if I decide to go the tabletop route after awhile, I'll just have to buy the 2.0 rules and the cards. That looks like it would be fun too, though not with all the different types of units and armor that's in Dust Warfare. I just checked out a couple of Rodney Smith's Watch it Played videos for Dust Warfare and it makes me want to get into that, but I must keep restrained

What did you order from Recon G-O?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

Chas, I'm sure someone in my group will be getting the Memoir 44 D-Day Landings expansion, so that will be fun. We've done Overlord a couple times with 4 per side (1 being commander issuing the cards to 3 on team), and that was fun.

I'm also sure that same person (Colts Fan-Brian) from BBG will get the Prussians for C&C Napoleonics. So far in our campaign with the main set, I've taken 3 of 4 games.

Last edited by Hahma; April 28th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games