Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old June 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Contest: Tales of Heroscape! (10 words)

Hello folks. I have borrowed an idea from Penny Arcade for this new contest. I think it worked very well for them and I have a feeling that there will be some amazing results in this community. Therefore I am taking this opportunity to announce:

Tales of Heroscape!

This is a Heroscape short story contest. You will each be competing to write the best story. Best is, of course, subjective, and it could mean the funniest, the most epic, the most well written... it will all come down to what the judges agree upon and the site votes upon.

Did I mention that these short stores had to be exactly 10 words long? That is, in fact, the most important part!

So some examples of stories could be:

Drake looked skyward, the parachutes of his men loomed above.

"Forward!" yelled MacDirk, bleeding, as his enraged warriors charged ahead.

Taelord sighed, disappointed in both his ridiculous price and helmet.

So economy of words coupled with good storytelling (better than mine, hopefully) is the key to doing well in this contest. It really comes down to how well you can paint a picture using just ten precious words to do all the work. I am very interested to see how members here rise to the challenge.

So let’s lay down the rules:

1. Stories must be EXACTLY 10 words long. No more, no less.
2. Post your story in this thread. Please note in your post that it is an official entry by italicizing the story.
3. One entry per person only. The story we will consider as your entry is the one in your first post, so go back and modify that one if you want to change it.
4. The contest will end on Sunday June 15th at Midnight EST.
5. After the contest deadline, my panel of judges will choose their ten favorite story submissions which will then be arranged into a poll for the members of this site to vote on.

The winner of this contest will receive one free year of site supportership which they can keep for themselves or donate to someone else if they are already a lifetime supporter.

So, go to it folks! I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Contest: Tales of Heroscape! (10 words)

The Orcs prepared to attack, only to see Chompy's mouth.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; June 5th, 2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yay!

Shimmering, the sapphire of Raelin’s aura dissipated Zelrig’s imperial breath.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by scorpiusx; June 5th, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM

whipmaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
Taelord sighed, disappointed in both his ridiculous price and helmet.
that is awesome im siging that

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
YOU don't seem very good.
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

Dund, overlooked again, gazes helplessly from storage as battle erupts.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, Rÿchean

Last edited by SpiderCoach; June 5th, 2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Great idea for a contest! I'll have to think on it...
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I too will think on it, as I want to actually help the site, but I have no extra money, and yet, I won't be helping the site. Figure that one out! I'll post a story when I think of one.

My story thus far:
When they stick together, the elves are a formidable foe.

NOTE: not italicized, so it is not official!

Last edited by Heroscape Elffy; June 14th, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM

keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby!

10 words! You are a monster! You cannot limit my one talent to 10 words! Horribal person! I'll think of something, and post later. Great contest idea. Maybe we can do one with ACCUAL STORIES!!!!! another time. THis is fun too. I look forward to seeing the entries.
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart
Contest Entry: Tales of Heroscape! (10 words)

My one and only official entry into the contest:

The 10th Regiment of Foot STOMPS the 4th Massachusetts Line.

Sorry guys, thats the best I could come with on short notice. Good luck to everyone! Great idea for an interesting and funny contest. Is it June 13th YET???

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6

Last edited by Omahavice; June 5th, 2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Good idea for a contest, and nice job to all who have entered. I will post my story as soon as i think of one.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sonya licked the soldiers' blood from her lip . . . sweet vengeance.

Last edited by fomox; June 5th, 2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: I ain't good with that countin' stuff...
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Woah. Good one fomo6! What happened to the other 5?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games