Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old June 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

I would never negrep somebody for posting intelligently in a stupid thread.

"Posting intelligently" particularly includes not necroing a stupid thread. It's also worth noting that if a thread is worth posting in, chances are it's not being ignored for grammar and spelling. If people are letting a thread get buried, there may well be other things wrong with it...
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Hey all,

Hope I'm posting on the correct thread for this question. I was wondering, that if there is a thread that everyone else seems to ignore do to grammar, and spelling mistakes; would I get Negative Rep for posting on that thread?
I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but I seriously doubt anyone would negrep you for just posting in a thread that nobody else is (as long as it isn't a necro).

'd

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hey all,

I hope that I'm posting on the correct thread for this question. I was wondering, that If there is a thread that everyone else seems to ignore do due to grammar, and spelling mistakes;, would I get Negative Rep for posting on that thread?
You'd fit right in.

Posting to a thread (including a necro of an old thread) isn't a bad thing if you're adding something useful, well-written, and on-topic. If the thread is being ignored because it's off-topic, don't post in it. If it's ignored because the past posts were of poor quality, then it might be worth looking for a better thread on the subject to continue, or even just starting a new thread. If there were some useful bits in the old thread, though, then continuing it isn't a bad thing if you have something worth saying.
Old June 14th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think you fellows missed the point of his question.

I think he's asking if there's a sort of "sandbox" thread where you can do test posts, and, if so, could you get docked for posting stupid stuff there.

Assuming I've divined the nature of the question properly, I fear the answer is "no." There may be something like that somewhere that I'm not aware of, but I've never heard of it if so. It's not a bad idea, though ... many boards have sandboxes like that, for screwing around, testing how things come out, etc. I would support such a thing if it were to be suggested, and I would happily (gleefully, even) patrol it on a regular basis and dock anyone who docked anyone.

But I don't think there is such a thing ATM. For now, you may just wish to post cautiously until you get the feel for what draws people's fire and what doesn't ... that's actually the whole point of the rep system anyway. Don't think of negrep as this awful thing that you must avoid at all costs. It's a bit like learning to ski IME: when I teach people to ski, the very first thing I teach them to do is to fall down. And we fall down many many times before I let them near a hill. Some people really don't want to fall down--they do everything in their power not to fall. These people inevitably take forever to learn to ski well.

Negrep is just learning to fall down. If you don't get some along the way, how will you know what not to post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; June 14th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: minor cleanup
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Hey all,

I hope that I'm posting on the correct thread for this question. I was wondering, that If there is a thread that everyone else seems to ignore do due to grammar, and spelling mistakes;, would I get negative rep for posting inon that thread?
You'd fit right in.
Even more fixes!

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:06 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Hey all,

I hope that I'm posting on the correct thread for this question. I was wondering, that If there is a thread that everyone else seems to ignore do due to grammar, and spelling mistakes;, would I get Negative Rep for posting on that thread?
You'd fit right in.

Posting to a thread (including a necro of an old thread) isn't a bad thing if you're adding something useful, well-written, and on-topic. If the thread is being ignored because it's off-topic, don't post in it. If it's ignored because the past posts were of poor quality, then it might be worth looking for a better thread on the subject to continue, or even just starting a new thread. If there were some useful bits in the old thread, though, then continuing it isn't a bad thing if you have something worth saying.
Oops, well the good Dokter is right, I probably would fit right in, LOL.
The semicolon was a typo, but yeah my English does need work.

Thank you all,
Joseph

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; June 14th, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The semicolon was a typo, but yeah my English does need work.

Thank you all,
Joseph
I do want to encourage this attitude. Keep working at it. (I won't point out the missing, but needed, commas.)
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Hello everyone, I have a question; I recently got 'grey-rep' from somebody. It is the same icon as that which appears when someone chooses to not display their reputation. Could someone tell me what this means?
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Hello everyone, I have a question; I recently got 'grey-rep' from somebody. It is the same icon as that which appears when someone chooses to not display their reputation. Could someone tell me what this means?
It means that someone gave you rep, but they're rep count and post count is so low that it has no effect at all. Hope that helps.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Yes, thank you! Also, post number 500.
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
It means you are getting old..we all remember the day we discovered our first gray rep...we didnt think much of it but slowly and surely more and more came. Sure we tried to hide it with over the counter grooming products designed "Just For Men" but eventually we had to realize that we were not fooling anyone with our charade and just had to accept the inevitable.
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online