Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM

baloneo Woo who?
Re: The Book of Krug

Krug owns! I think he is under-priced (although, that's good for me) when I was using Krug, I took down over half of my friends army, including Jotun, the samurais for the master set, 4 zombies, and a zettian guard before Braxas killed him! So, I say Krug is awesome!
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:03 AM

dsbarrick is surprisingly tart

Does anyone know what world Krug is from? My guess is Feylund, but I don't own the character, and the image is not loading for the basic game side of the card on heroscape.com.

Thanks.

EDIT

Sorry, nevermind - it is Feylund. Listed at the top of the character's page on heroscape.com.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:24 AM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Good job on finding the answer yourself dsbarrick! +rep

--SpartanNinja, surprised that the origin world isn't already listed in the book...

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old March 5th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Krug is an amazing figure, period. Turning that into a semicolon and continuing, his points are quite low for what he does. I played with him for the first time the other night and Raphael (atk3 def4 life5, double attack, frenzy) frenzied 3x and put 5 wounds on him only to have 7dice+7dice response. That is absolutely nuts.
I suppose instead of wanting to kill him fast like Raphael attempted, you stagger the damage so his attack doesn't ramp that high? and then perhaps finish him off at range, trying your hardest to range him the entire time?
For his sheer melee fighting power and the impact he has on the playing field, he is excessively good for 120pts. 140-160 is where I would put him if I were to make the card. No wonder he is so famous.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:04 PM

gum man Woo who?

A good way to get krugs wounded smash on is fighting samuries

if you kill them then good you killed them

if you fail then he gets ready for Q9
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:01 AM

SPECTER has disabled reputation

Played a 400 point game tonight with my girlfriend and she drafted Krug. Using Cyprien, I destroyed her Zetacron, Guilty McCreech, Erevan Sunshadow, and Moriko. But then, Krug pursued a relentless assault of his own and wiped out my Pelloth along with two of the remaining Drow. Cyprien went for another chilling touch to possibly kill Krug who had four life remaining. The chilling touch failed and the attack only dealt one damage. Cyprien was killed the next turn - quickly followed by the remainder of my forces; Sonya, Isamu, and Marcu. It was quite the turnaround. Would most argue Krug can usually beat Cyprien?

"That which is above is as that which is below"
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:42 AM

LazySoul4 Woo who?

I would assume so. Cyprien's touch even at full force wouldn't kill Krug and then if Krug goes immediately he will have a double attack of 8 against Cyprien's defense of 4 (I believe it's 4 could be off). I was on the receiving end of this exact situation a few times and Krug always won so long as Cyprien didnt get a move before the next turn for the troll.
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

Krug rocks...
I had Krug with 7 wounds, V.S a full life Greater Ice Elemental,
NINE SKULLS! Auto kill! Krug rocks... hard!

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Agreed. Krug is one of the best figures in the entire game.
He's banned at our local games ((except to first timers and children) and girls)

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Agreed. Krug is one of the best figures in the entire game.
He's banned at our local games ((except to first timers and children) and girls)
That seems foolish and very unessential to me. Plenty of ways to deal with the big man if you ask me.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Krug is one of the best figures in the game, but not one of the scariest. I think he's one of the best designed and priced figures in the game-- has good synergy, never feels like he's a waste, but not so powerful that a good strategy can't overcome him. Definitely not imbalanced-- Krug is possibly my vote for most balanced figure in the game.
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I don't think any B+ figure by definition would be the most balanced. Many would even argue Krug should be A- instead of B+ since not only does he beat almost any Hero in the game head to head but also has bonding. I also don't think people would blink if Krug was priced at 140.

I think a unit like the Microcorp is closer to the best balanced.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units