Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 25th, 2012, 11:35 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Got the Space Marine game for 10.19 in Steam today, price should be good for several more hours yet.
What is this Space Marine game of which you speak?
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
But it's back to the normal price of $29.99.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I finally decided to just download Team Fortress 2. Hey, it's free, so why not? I'm just wondering, is it worth playing? I looked at some of the reviews, and they all were extremely positive, so I'm hopeful.
Oh my gosh, are you kidding? It's pretty much the greatest online game in existence. Might be a bit hard at first depending on the server you're on, but it's awesome. And hilarious.

If you ever want to play, I'm always up for some TF2
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got the Space Marine game for 10.19 in Steam today, price should be good for several more hours yet.
What is this Space Marine game of which you speak?
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
But it's back to the normal price of $29.99.
THAT Space Marine. I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I finally decided to just download Team Fortress 2. Hey, it's free, so why not? I'm just wondering, is it worth playing? I looked at some of the reviews, and they all were extremely positive, so I'm hopeful.
Oh my gosh, are you kidding? It's pretty much the greatest online game in existence. Might be a bit hard at first depending on the server you're on, but it's awesome. And hilarious.

I've played it a couple of times but it didn't really catch. My favorite online FPS is any game in the Tribes series, I think.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:47 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

I've played it a couple of times but it didn't really catch. My favorite online FPS is any game in the Tribes series, I think.
Really? I think it's really great. I love how it's team based rather than a shoot 'em all and get the highest score. Unlike Call of Duty, even if you're a really good sniper, there's still no way you can win the match. Gotta have the whole team!
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really? I think it's really great. I love how it's team based rather than a shoot 'em all and get the highest score. Unlike Call of Duty, even if you're a really good sniper, there's still no way you can win the match. Gotta have the whole team!
Tribes tends to be more team-based, but its a lot more varied. I respect the team element of TF2, but the gameplay/combat never quite grabbed hold of me totally.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:46 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Republic Commando. I love it :P

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 29th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

If you're new to Team Fortress 2, stick to Medic or Heavy. They take no skill to play as and are easy to do well with. Soldier is also good.

Spy and Sniper and Pyro are largely useless unless you're super good at the game. Scout too. You're just better off having a team full of Medics, Soldiers, Heavies, Demos, and the odd Engineer than you are with a team full of useless twig classes that have to jump through hoops to get anything done.

Team Fortress 2 seriously has one of the stupidest player communities out of any online game I've ever played. Generally the more useful and powerful something is in Team Fortress 2, the less likely people are to use it. Hence why like 50% of the players main Spy or Sniper or Pyro instead of a class that is actually good.

This isn't a list of what class is the best, this a tier list of sorts based on average user skill. I'd say a perfectly played Demoman is probably the best class, but since most demo players aren't god at it I wouldn't rank it as the most useful.

Classes that are always helpful:

Medic, Heavy

Classes that are usually helpful:

Soldier, Regular Demoman

Classes that are sometimes helpful:

Scout, Engineer

Classes that we don't need 2 each of in every single god damned server:

Spy, Sniper, Pyro, Demoknight

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; April 29th, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Oh yeah it's the best... I've clocked 350+ hours on TF2 easy. Definitely one of my favorite games of the generation.
Old April 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I wish I could try it, But We have Dial-Up Internet, and it would literally take days to download.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 30th, 2012, 07:31 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Republic Commando. I love it :P
Fantastic game!
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

While we're on the subject of FPS, anyone else like Halo?

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
I wish I could try it, But We have Dial-Up Internet, and it would literally take days to download.
Dial up...god that sucks I feel for you.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games