Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
TWilkerson's Maps & Scenarios 10-20-2013

Crossroad Phoenix: The Cleansing Fire (download)

Heart of Desolation: Cold Harvest (download)

Sacred Nest: In the Mouth of Malevolence (download)

Old Mill Creek: From Yonder (download)

Carter's Claim: The Creature in the Cavern (download)

Forsaken City: The Sound in the Storm (download)

These scenarios draw inspiration from short stories written by myself and H.P. Lovecraft.

Last edited by twilkerson; June 13th, 2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added Crossroads Phoenix: The Cleansing Fire
Old April 20th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Frodo Woo who?
Re: TWilkerson's Maps

Very cool maps!
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Flux Capacitor looks like fun. Nice job twilkerson!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm restarting my map thread!
3 maps/scenarios have been added.
They are all small maps meant for quick games focused on story. Although they were play-tested many times for balance, they are not intended for serious competitive play.
5 more maps/scenarios are planned and coming soon. Enjoy!

Last edited by twilkerson; February 24th, 2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spelling errors.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:06 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Ha,ha!

I thought, perhaps, you had forgotten your promise,...it is good to see you havn't.

Unfortunately, I'm rather busy currently, (I don't even have time for my own map thread) I'll take a closer look a at your maps later.
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:51 PM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker

Very nice...I will have to build and try these. I especially like the extra detail you put into the build instructions/scenarios. Where can I find the stories these are based on?
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKE13 View Post
Where can I find the stories these are based on?
My short stories are scheduled to be self-published by Christmas 2013.

As for H.P. Lovecraft, his were written in the 1920's - 1930's and all of his works are now in the public domain. You may read them at this link.
I enjoy them in audiobook format by searching for them on YouTube.

Try Dagon or The Music of Erich Zann to get your feet wet.
Next read The Color out of Space and From Beyond.
Then move on to Shadow over Innsmouth and the Dunwich Horror.
Ultimately, you must read At the Mountains of Madness and Call of Cthulhu.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKE13 View Post
Where can I find the stories these are based on?
My short stories are scheduled to be self-published by Christmas 2013.

As for H.P. Lovecraft, his were written in the 1920's - 1930's and all of his works are now in the public domain. You may read them at this link.
I enjoy them in audiobook format by searching for them on YouTube.

Try Dagon or The Music of Erich Zann to get your feet wet.
Next read The Color out of Space and From Beyond.
Then move on to Shadow over Innsmouth and the Dunwich Horror.
Ultimately, you must read At the Mountains of Madness and Call of Cthulhu.
Thanks to you, I've read all those and are now starting on more! Epic maps, and a great tast in books
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM

New map added 3-24-2013

Sacred Nest: In the Mouth of Malevolence (download)

For days I waited, till the west grew dull and the stars dimmed, and the grey turned to jade darkness edged with black. I heard a lamenting and saw a writhing of vines stirring among the antique trunks though the sky was pure and the vast reaches of everglade still. Then suddenly above the bog's far rim came the blazing edge of the sun, seen through the storm which was fleeting away, and in my agitated condition I invoked from some remote depth a clatter of discordant abominations to welcome the fiery dwelling as Azathoth hails it from the banks of the Xibalba. My ears resonated and my mind stirred as I led my mount slowly across the quagmire to that unvocal nest; that nest which I alone of living men had seen…
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:32 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TWilkerson's Maps & Scenarios 3-24-2013

These are awesome, can't wait to try them out!

Have you ever read any Arthur Machen?
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
These are awesome, can't wait to try them out!

Have you ever read any Arthur Machen?
Oh yeah! The Great God Pan is one of the best horror stories ever written. The night that I first read it, I experienced a single episode of sleep paralysis and heard awful, gnashing voices that would be inappropriate to dictate on this forum. One must be careful what you allow to enter your mind... A person of less mental fortitude would have surely gone mad. It was my first (and hopefully last) voyage through insanity.

Some of your custom units (G'Naxthor or Balazag) should feel right at home on my silly little maps. Enjoy!

Last edited by twilkerson; March 24th, 2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: hyperlink
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm glad you know Machen... he's been eclipsed by H.P.L., but he deserves more attention. (If you like Pulp and Horror, check out "The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril," where Lovecraft and a bunch of pulp writers are characters. A fun read.)

I'm glad you like my demons... I have a few more in the works. Wouldn't this be a fun power?

The Revelations of Glaaki
If you say the name of this figure out loud, you lose the game immediately. You will. Go. MAD.

Look forward to your next scenarios!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios