Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 31st, 2009, 05:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
dok's maps - updated 7/24

It's a Trap!

D&D x1.

Concrete Jungle:

Uses D&D, Marvel, and FotA.

Sculpture Garden:

uses RotV and FotA.

Blacktop:

uses D&D, Marvel, and RttFF.

Eggbeater:

Hard Eight (v4):

Helix Series:
Spoiler Alert!

Vesuvian 2.0:

RotV + VW.

Vesuvian:

Other elevated molten lava maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Nature Trails 3.1:

uses SotM and RttFFx2.

Gen Con Map Contest submissions:
Spoiler Alert!

Kitty Corner:

uses SotM, D&D, and TJ.

Tournament-Worthy Asymmetric Map Workshop maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Other maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; July 24th, 2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: It's a Trap
Old January 31st, 2009, 05:21 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: dok's maps - stairway to heaven

Nice! I like it. I'll have to try it out some time later.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old January 31st, 2009, 06:48 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's odd,

I was expecting it to go much higher.
Old January 31st, 2009, 06:59 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I like the map- not so much digging the name, though. Seems a bit more like... Stairway to Platform.
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:41 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper View Post
That's odd,

I was expecting it to go much higher.
Heh... I was trying to make it tournament-friendly. Still, a stairway going up level after level, such that double-spaced figures could climb all the way up, could be really cool... just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
I like the map- not so much digging the name, though. Seems a bit more like... Stairway to Platform.
Yeah, I have to credit ollie for the song-as-map-name concept. I was looking for some stairway-themed name, and really, it's the most obvious one.
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:02 PM

I just very slightly edited the map, to reposition two of the little hills closer to the center of the map.

aaand, I changed the name.

Last edited by dok; February 1st, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I have to credit ollie for the song-as-map-name concept. I was looking for some stairway-themed name, and really, it's the most obvious one.
Gimme Three Steps? Though it would be better if the song was called Gimme Three-and-a-Half Steps, I suppose.

Nice looking map; I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

EDIT. Looking more closely at the picture, it seems like there are a few impossible battlements on the lowest level---they need hexes to attach to and I don't see them.

EDIT2. I can't download it for some reason---I couldn't do your version of Halfway Up The Downs either; I wonder what's up.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Gimme Three Steps? Though it would be better if the song was called Gimme Three-and-a-Half Steps, I suppose.
Damn, you're good. I bet you're handy to have at a pub quiz during those match-lyrics-to-song-title questions.

Quote:
Nice looking map; I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

EDIT. Looking more closely at the picture, it seems like there are a few impossible battlements on the lowest level---they need hexes to attach to and I don't see them.
Ah, OK, I get it. Yeah, I'll go in and zap those tonight. Virtualscape isn't very good at correcting battlement placement.

Quote:
EDIT2. I can't download it for some reason---I couldn't do your version of Halfway Up The Downs either; I wonder what's up.
I'm stumped. I'd guess it was my version of distiller, but that can't be it since you were able to open one of my files when it was e-mailed to you. I must be doing something strange/different in my uploading, but I haven't a clue what it could be. Anyway, I'll e-mail you a copy after I fix it.
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Damn, you're good. I bet you're handy to have at a pub quiz during those match-lyrics-to-song-title questions.
If that's true it's because of the huge fraction of my life (and money) that I've spent in pubs picking up all the random useless bits of knowledge! In pub quizzes I usually find that the bits of trivia I know don't match the questions very well---I either know enough to write a short essay on the topic rather than a one word answer (the unfortunately scarce math questions for example) or don't have the slightest clue what is going on (the unfortunately common which-minor-celebrity-did-something-not-that-interesting-this week questions, say.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Quote:
I'm stumped. I'd guess it was my version of distiller, but that can't be it since you were able to open one of my files when it was e-mailed to you. I must be doing something strange/different in my uploading, but I haven't a clue what it could be. Anyway, I'll e-mail you a copy after I fix it.
I suspect that it is something between me and the site. I'll try and do some more downloading before taking it to the admins and see if I can spot a common thread among the problems. As you say, I've had no trouble at all with the stuff you emailed directly. I'm using Safari on a Mac if any more technically savvy people than me have any ideas what might be happening.
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:22 PM

Re: dok's maps - Birnam Wood to Dunsinaine

I added a new map, Birnam Wood to Dunsinaine.

Uses TJ, RttFF, and FotA, as well as some glyphs from other sets.

The glyph set is the same as the ones used for "halfway up the downs".

The real innovation of this map, in my opinion, is that I'm starting the entire defensive force on the ground level. They have the stairway, so any forces can be put on the castle walls, but the defense will have to scramble to get up there. Meanwhile, the offense can claim glyphs and get in position for its attack.

I'm sure someone can do a better job arranging the massive amount of terrain in this map, but I'm pretty happy with the overall design and think it could make for an interesting game.

Last edited by dok; March 21st, 2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: placed old version pics here.
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, looks really interesting. I like the name choice as well.

I like the sides of the castle too, which give you options beyond just storming the front.
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:07 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Both maps look great, dok!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios