Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:38 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Chief's Custom Comic Heroes! Added Galactus and his Hera

Great Galactus design! The figure looks so awesome I have to ge one. Great idea to use his heralds, very thematic. Your cards look fantastic too.
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:42 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Great Galactus design! The figure looks so awesome I have to ge one. Great idea to use his heralds, very thematic. Your cards look fantastic too.
Thanks Drew I appreciate the complements. I just hope they get some use out there somewhere by some players.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:48 PM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Might as well release another herald. The more the merrier... well unless you are on a planet thriving with life.

Added Firelord! Friend and brother in arms to Air-Walker, the fourth Herald of Galactus.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If Firelord chooses a figure 2 spaces away with his Stellar Fire Special Attack, will the two additional figures in this example that are between Firelord and the chosen figure, adjacent to both, be affected by Firelord's Cosmic Staff?

Edit: Thanks for the Galactus pics: works great. I like how his feet fit perfectly onto the hexes.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
If Firelord chooses a figure 2 spaces away with his Stellar Fire Special Attack, will the two additional figures in this example that are between Firelord and the chosen figure, adjacent to both, be affected by Firelord's Cosmic Staff?

Edit: Thanks for the Galactus pics: works great. I like how his feet fit perfectly onto the hexes.
When I was designing this guy weeks ago I thought about this situation once.

If the two figures between Firelord and the target figure 2 spaces away are friendly figures then they are not effected by Cosmic Staff because the ability specifies "opponent's adjacent figure".

If the two figures between Firelord and the target figure 2 spaces away are not friendly figure then Firelord cannot use Stellar Fire S/A on the figure 2 spaces away since he is engaged to an adjacent figure.

But just for clarity; I put the requirement for Firelord to only be able to target non-adjacent figures with Stellar Fire S/A for this reason.

I hope that helps!

Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Two squads of Mercs are in a WWII game--see the 'Chas Does Pulp Adventure' thread in Battle Reports!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:04 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

COSMIC STAFF
After (attacking and) wounding an adjacent enemy figure, roll 1 unblockable attack die for Cosmic Flame Damage.

it is functionally different. Your wording seems intentional. What situations were you imagining for that kind of phrasing?

Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
COSMIC STAFF
After (attacking and) wounding an adjacent enemy figure, roll 1 unblockable attack die for Cosmic Flame Damage.

it is functionally different. Your wording seems intentional. What situations were you imagining for that kind of phrasing?

COSMIC STAFF
After taking a turn with Firelord, if he inflicted one or more wounds on an opponent's adjacent figure this turn, roll one unblockable attack die against that wounded figure for Cosmic Flame Damage.

I wanted to limit this power to only work if the player took a full turn with Firelord, and not be utilized if there was some form of bonding used that allowed for Firelord to attack only.

That is why I added After taking a turn with Firelord,

Also I added if he inflicted one or more wounds on an opponent's adjacent figure this turn,

So that there would be no ambiguity relating to when the roll can take place. I wanted the limitation to be during this turn and not to be brought up that maybe someone could roll the die on another turn for past wounds inflicted. Or that maybe the ability gives you the ability to roll for wounds every turn after the initial wounding.

The biggest difference between your shortened ability and mine, is that my ability applies the unblockable attack dice against wounded figures at the end of the turn. And not immediately after wounding them. Which was more thematic to me. I did not want the Cosmic Flame to represent a larger hit. I wanted it to represent a lasting burn that happens after the turn is over. Giving the figures time to use any powers or abilities that might let them avoid the damage or heal before the coming rolls for Cosmic Flame Damage.

Make any sense?

Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:54 AM

The fifth and arguably one of the most powerful heralds of Galactus, The Destroyer!

Galactus never favored this herald much, despite his power levels. It could be that he was still grieving over his failure to resurrect his only friend Air Walker into the body of an android. The resurrection was obviously a success but what remained of his friend's personality was a shadow of its former self.

Galactus was so disinterested in his new Herald that he allowed Loki's continued existence after stealing away with The Destroyer.

Last edited by ibechief; January 23rd, 2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
The fifth and arguably one of the most powerful heralds of Galactus, The Destroyer!
Pretty cool, all I knew of the Destroyer is from the Thor Movie so thanks for the rest.

I don't think his normal attack would get used to often since his Special is 7 with an instant death possibility. maybe tone it down or raise cost so that he is truly a Destroyer. I know nothing of how to try and cost figures though.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM

What about Unsatisfied as Galactus's personality?

Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:34 PM

FATSNACK Woo who?

Like the designs of Big G and heralds. I just picked up a Red Shift, and stardust, so i am starting on their abilities. The one thing im trying to do is make sure they dont have the same abilities. Like a green lantern corp. I like what you have done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations