Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Week@Heroscapers team?

I really enjoyed the Week@Heroscapers articles on the front page the few times they have ran. Unfortunately, Truth has not been able to keep them running on a weekly schedule, so now they are a rare occurrence. Since wave 8 has been released, and there will not be much HS related news, the front page won't have much going on. I think it would be great if we could assemble a team of 'Scapers who would be willing to try and make the Week@Heroscapers a weekly front page update.

The team would need:

•Scouts to find potential candidates for inclusion as the image/thread/blog of the week, or some kind of submissin/nomination thread.
•Someone to write the captions and Week in Review paragraph.
•And someone to format all the hyperlinks, images, and text into the final product.

So, andybody else want to try and help me get the Week@Heroscapers running on a weekly schedule?
Old August 2nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Week@Heroscapers team?

I wouldn't mind helping, but the formating hyperlinks mumbo-jumbo is not for me. The rest of it, yeah, I'd help with it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM

whipmaster is surprisingly tart

I would be glad to scout for stuff to put in week@scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
YOU don't seem very good.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I have a blog (link in my sig) where I scout out and post cool stuff from the forums, so I'd be glad to help!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:52 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds good to me.

Maybe we can all take a section.
-Thread of the Week
-Blog of the Week
-Images of the Week
-This week in Review
-Upcoming Events

I think it'd be neat to have a group collaboration to get week@heroscapers up and running again.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for offering to help guys. I think we should try to to a test run just to see if this can work.

We will need material posted between Mon July 27-Sunday Aug 3

Scouts can post links to potential candidates. I will try to write the captions and Week in Review, though I'm not the best at writing.

We need:

Image of the Week

This IotW is the latest from "The Adventures of Chedwick and Sven" by Gamjuven. This zany webcomic gives us Sven the clueless viking, and Chedwick the Marro Drone. It is currently in its first story arc "the finding of Steve." You can read the rest of the Comics in Gamjuven's thread or the Gallery.

Download of the Week

Blog of the Week

Thread of the Week

Event of the Week

The Week In Review

Last edited by Mooseman; August 4th, 2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:29 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Actually, sometimes it seems like we could do with a thread revival for a good discussion thread. You could possibly have a segment for the "of the week" that is "revival". One of the battles we have here is making sure people see all the excellent content that may have slipped from the front page.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 02:15 PM

keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby!

Do we need a humor writer? Because, I'm open.
Oh crap, I posted that right next to MrBistro. There goes my job
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:18 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetacongoo View Post
Do we need a humor writer? Because, I'm open.
Oh crap, I posted that right next to MrBistro. There goes my job

Just make sure whoever you hire is actually funny.
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

I can help format everything, add hyperlinks and the like if you need it.

DWARVES!
Old August 5th, 2008, 01:33 AM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Thread of the Week

With WotC's announcement of changing their target suppliers from Big Box Stores to Friendly Local Game Stores (FLGS), we're soon to see this transition take place. Shade's Fan is helping the members here on HeroScapers to locate and contact a FLGS in your area that carries HeroScape. Contribute to his list of organized FLGS by State here and help the fellow Scape collectors in your area as well as helping out WotC.
Old August 5th, 2008, 01:55 AM

Event of the Week

With GenCon just around the corner, many eager Scapers are busting out their GenCon Event Armies to see what they have before the big day. A group of Scapers in Arizona met on August 2nd for a game day organized by lonewolf at which they played a traditional 520 point battle, and Heat of Battle, an interesting GenCon Event. This semi-formal "tournament" was played by 17 Scapers with the highest scorer being awarded an Agent Skahen. Congratulations to Hex706f26368 for being the highest scorer amongst the eligible players at the event, and good luck to both lonewolf and Scaper_Dude at GenCon.

The game day results and thread can be viewed here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online