Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Is The Best Marvel Unit?
Spider Man 11 8.73%
Venom 7 5.56%
Captain America 44 34.92%
Red Skull 4 3.17%
Silver Surfer 21 16.67%
Thanos 14 11.11%
The Incredible Hulk 18 14.29%
Abomination 1 0.79%
Iron Man 4 3.17%
Doctor Doom 2 1.59%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM

Heroscaper62 has disabled reputation
Who Do You Think Is The Best Marvel Unit?

Who do you think is the best Marvel unit? I've been doing a lot of polls like this (here and here), so I decided, why not make another one on the Marvel units?

- Spider Man
- Venom
- Captain America
- Red Skull
- Silver Surfer
- Thanos
- The Incredible Hulk
- Abomination
- Iron Man
- Doctor Doom

I peronsally think that Spider Man is the best one. He doesn't cost a lot, so he doesn't leave a big dent in your point cost limit for your army. And even though he costs more than most classic 'Scape units, he's one of the lowest costing ones in the Marvel set. His stats are okay compared to the others, but his Spidey Sense is what really makes him. He has a 50% chance of not even getting hit everytime someone attcks him. And then on top of that, he can swing away using his Swing Line after that. He might not look all that mighty, put personally, he's the best character you get in the Marvel set.

What are your opinions?

Last edited by Heroscaper62; December 12th, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old December 11th, 2010, 11:17 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Marvel Unit?

Actually Spider Man only has a 50% chance to avoid with his ability. Your 70% might be factoring in his Defense dice but then it depends on how strong the attack unit is.

I think Captain America and Silver Surfer are the Best when factoring in all Heroscape units.
Old December 11th, 2010, 11:31 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Cap. America for sure. Most Marvel's weakest against squads, and he doesn't have that weakness.
Old December 11th, 2010, 11:42 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Thor. Totally Thor.

Oh, wait, you only mean the 10 done by Hasbro?
Old December 11th, 2010, 11:53 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Venom is much better than Spidey. 6 attack for +3 to Spider-Sense? I will take that any day. However, point for point, Silver Surfer is the best. A ranged attack of 6? Stealth Flying? Defense of 7? Even for 320 points, this figure can easily get his worth.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 12th, 2010, 04:30 AM

.68 knows what's in an order marker .68 knows what's in an order marker

Since I can't quote "Team America World Police" on this site, I will just vote for

Captain.. AMERICA!!! OH YEAH!! He's gonna save the ever lovin' day yeah!!!
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Venom, with Capt. America a close second.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I went with Captain America, because he is a deadly combination of offense and defense, and a cheerleader. With or without order markers he's gonna cause your opponent some pain.

It's difficult to judge the rest without knowing how we're playing.

For instance, Iron Man is pretty effective in mixed Scape, where 6 defense is pretty hard to crack and flying, ranged double attacks of 4 (let's face it, 5) are deadly. In Superscape, he's more of a bully, picking on weaker figs.

Silver Surfer is one of the most annoying figures I've ever confronted, and without the benefit of Superscape level attacks and he can be dang near invulnerable.

Thanos is kinda meh.

Spidey and Venom are both okay, but honestly I think in mixed scape you can get more for the points. I also don't like that there is practically no reason for Spidey to ever punch a guy instead of webbing them.

Dr. Doom and Red Skull are a waste of points, although Doom looks a little better in mixed scape.

Abom and Hulk are cool, but almost too effective against single units.
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Ninja Dust

I went with Spider-Man because of his Spidey Sense 11.
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanos hands down. The ability to come back from the dead in perfect health is obscene. An army with him if built and if played right is unstoppable.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

I've had by far the most success with spider man, but I can't say I use marvelscape much.
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Venom, just for his pure awesomeness.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion