Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old April 21st, 2013, 09:03 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Mage Knight making a comeback...any hope for 'Scape

HarleyThomas, while we can't control miniature supply, and this sometimes the figures we use are difficult to find, many of them are still widely available and affordable. Sometmes you can get squads and heroes for cheaper than you'd get them from Hasbro.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:41 AM

HarleyThomas is surprisingly tart

For sure. Auggie's and Starlit Citadel while having incredibly limited supply have yielded terrific results. The latter site also didn't inflate their prices. For a little over eighty dollars I got the Grut Orcs expansion (last one, so I'm gonna have fun trying to find another set) and most of Wave Eight, I believe it was.

And there are plenty of lots on Ebay, but not everyone ships to Canada.
Old October 17th, 2013, 01:45 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Sorry to interrupt your bashing of D&D-scape and Custom-scape, please excuse me while I attempt to get us back on the Title's TOPIC.

Last Saturday I stopped in at my FLGS ( 16 miles away ) to pick up another FF SW X-Wing Imp Tie Interceptor (the last one they had in stock), and got to talking with the young guy behind the counter. He's been there a long time as a store clerk and seems fairly knowledgeable. The owner was busy in the back talking with a Sales Rep of some kind.

Anyway, he told me that he had seen an announcement in one of the bulletins that they get from their suppliers, that Wizkids had obtained the rights to the HeroScape franchise and was planning on re-releasing our favorite game with in a few years. I have gone on several Board Game News web sites and I have *NOT* been able to verify the accuracy of this report. But I was reading about WizKids' re-release of it's classic Mage Knight System with this "RESURECTION" Set which I believe is due out next month. It is totally possible that this kid doesn't accurately remember what he read and confused WK's MKs with WotC's HS.

But it kind of makes sense to me that after Hasbro failed to market HeroScape properly and did not realize the financial profit that they expected and passed the franchise off to their subsidiary Wizards of the Coast in a feeble attempt to reenergize their lagging D&D product line (as is mentioned above and discussed at length elsewhere)... that the licenses would be up for grabs.

And now that WizKids is receiving quite a boost in the sales of their -CLIX games by diversifying from the worn out Super Hero lines to other themes in current Pop Culture (i.e. the latest movies like: The Lone Ranger, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, etc.), why wouldn't they have high hopes for the success of a re-released Mage Knight that is dually compatible with the original MK mechanics and also the current -CLIX methodology, by eventually introducing dynamic three dimensional terrain boards upon which to fight battles between any of their miniature products??? (NOTE: Sorry for the run on sentence, I got carried away).

Has any one else heard any type of rumor or speculation regarding this possibility? Thanks.

&obtw: I do have ALL of the WotC D&D figures, as well as MOST of the C3V characters for HeroScape and I reluctantly use them, because they just don't look and feel the same as the original Hasbro pieces. But, what I love best about HeroScape, besides the 3D terrain, is the theme's basic concept: Warriors from ALL TIMES and ALL PLACES being summoned to the battlefields of Valhalla to fight each other again and again.

The game's design is SO elegantly simple that even young children can create custom Stat Cards for ANY figurine in their toy box. I have seen such a wide range of customs that have already been produced (such as: dinosaurs, insects, GI-Joe's, Tinker Bells, Mickey Mouse, My-Little-Pony, My-Littlest-Pet-Shop, World Wrestling Federation, etc.) ... that I am a firm believer that ANYTHING is possible in this realm.

It only requires a Team Effort to analyze the play testing to insure balanced playability and proper point costing so that they may be accepted by the majority of the community of devoted fans. And that (imho) is where the myopic HasBORG failed to realize the true potential of this fantastic gaming system.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; October 17th, 2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Corrected typos.
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With everything that Johngee said.

Sounds awesome that Wizkids might be bringing 'scape back, their heroclix figures have gotten much better, design wise, and I'd love to see some new heroscape figures.
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM

slayface Woo who?

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Overhearing some guy at a game store is a far cry from any sort of official announcement. I'd rank it right up there with "I heard it from a friend of my brother's roommate's cousin...".

I also find it hard to believe this guy would have any sort of inside info years out as he says...I wouldn't bet the farm on this one.

Your post has many good thoughts, its a little hard to read though man, use some line-breaks!
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayface View Post
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Overhearing some guy at a game store is a far cry from any sort of official announcement. I'd rank it right up there with "I heard it from a friend of my brother's roommate's cousin...".

I also find it hard to believe this guy would have any sort of inside info years out as he says...I wouldn't bet the farm on this one.

Your post has many good thoughts, its a little hard to read though man, use some line-breaks!
Okay, that's fixed. I hope it's easier for you to read now. At 1 AM, I was wanting to go to sleep and in a hurry to get my thoughts typed out. I too am skeptical about what Preston, said to me. As I stated, he is just one of the workers at Jester's Playhouse in Northfield, New Jersey and NOT the owner.

I would like to either CONFIRM or DENY this suspicious report and I am therefore asking if ANY of you other HeroScapers out there have heard ANYTHING like this at you location, or can you inquire at your own FLGS until we can determine if there is any truth to this rumor.

Personally, I am pleased with WizKids' decision to re-release the Mage Knights: Resurrection set, because At the very least, it will give our c3V guys 25 new character sculpts to work with.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM

<< DELETED DOUBLE POST - I don't even know how that happened >>

Last edited by Johngee; October 17th, 2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Deleted double post.
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't put any faith in it. The guy from my local store actually said something similar a while back, but he was actually thinking of Mage Knight, so same thing might've happened.
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:22 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Man I wish that it will come back....Officially (Not meant to bash C3V)

H E R O S C A P E

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News