Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 14th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I am assuming you guys are ok with single sculpt squads here. Is that correct?
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sure, Tickle, nominate whatever you want. We will take that into consideration, but - speaking for myself - depending on the sculpt that by itself would not disqualify it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Ok I'm working on a squad and the figure itself is highly available even if it is a little bland. The unit isn't done or tested yet, I just wanted to make sure I didn't need a second sculpt.
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Will definitely be a case by case basis for me. I imagine depeding on how the unit is designed/looks, a single sculpt will work, for others not so much.

-insert signature here-
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Still testing the Zombikazes but here's my version:

Check out other pics in the gallery.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Man, ZBeeblebrox this is a big tease! From what I can tell you took some type of clix zombies and put kegs on them with rubberbands/glued them together. I need more details on these figures because 1) they look amazing and 2) those are not the figures originally used.

I wonder how they would play with Dok/Good Pigs Zombie Hulk?
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice use of the Mage Knight Darkwing Zombie and Marsh Zombie, Horrorclix Zombie Strongman ZB. Seem like a relative easy creation too as I suspected. Even if the Detonating Zombies are hard to come by those are generally plentiful.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:57 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Man, ZBeeblebrox this is a big tease! From what I can tell you took some type of clix zombies and put kegs on them with rubberbands/glued them together. I need more details on these figures because 1) they look amazing and 2) those are not the figures originally used.

I wonder how they would play with Dok/Good Pigs Zombie Hulk?
1) Painted these
2) Used Boil and Freeze method on:
Marsh Zombie
Zombie Stongman
Darkwing Zombie (removed wings)
3) Painted Darkwing skin grey
4) Wrapped .45mm Black Beading Wire (found a Wal-Mart) around 4 Barrels, to give rope look for carrying purposes.
5)Used same wire (painted yellow) to make the wicks

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Zombie Hulk: by dok

I played a whole bunch of games with the Zombie Hulk and my experiences were much like those of ZB. The Zombie Hulk gives a bunch of new options for the Zombie army, but at the same time its a bit too fragile (3 life) to dominate.

Horde Shriek was almost always used to take turns with the Zombies. At times it was useful to move another ZH, but over all, to be effective, the Zombies need to get into the fray as quickly as possible.

Zombies Rise Again was very rare with the ZH for me. Every time you move one up to engage a large figure if you don't finished them off in that turn, there's a decent chance that ZH is going to be dispatched before you get to use it again. Very useful when it happens, but that also means you need a dead one sitting on the sidelines (bad becasue he's not already on the board), and you probably only took 2-3 at most. ZRA for the ZH I find is a nice to have, and great when it works, but it can't be counted on when building your army.

Paralyzing Fear is where the real strategy is with the ZH IMO. This is where its usually useful to use Horde Shriek to move a ZH adjacent to a hero you want to take out, then move the ZH (if possible) whose turn it is adjacent to the same hero, and now you've reduced that hero's defense by two and hopefully with an attack from height.

Can be tough to get into position with Paralyzing Fear when using the Zombies to attack. With Horde Shriek the Zombies have to go first, which means they attack before the ZH can move adjacent to the figure(s) those Zombies just attacked (unless there was already another ZH out there). It can work, but it takes some OM management, a couple turns, and a little luck. Very deadly when it comes together though.

All that for me culminated in challenging, competitive, and fun games with the Zombie Hulk. 60 points for this guy is spot on IMO. You can definitely get more than 60 out of him, but it's tough to do it. Like many Scape units, when the perfect storm comes together you can really go nuts with some units, but for the most part they do well, just not exceedingly well. I think the ZH falls in here nicely. The model is great and very much available at a cheap prince online.

I vote YES to induct the Zombie Hulk into the SoV.

-insert signature here-
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just wanted to drop in to say that if there's ever anything that you guys want to go on the front page just send me a PM. I've done a lot for the C3V and C3G and kind of feel like SoV got the short end of the stick.

-Chardar.

Old January 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Thanks for the offer Chardar. I'd definitely like it if inducted units could get some front-page press. and maybe we could work out a little write-up sometime, just to help introduce the SoV to HSers members who aren't familiar with what we're doing.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:13 PM

That would be fantastic, thanks Chardar.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs