Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 8th, 2022, 02:41 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

I started by doing very basic paint jobs with a dip. Something like one color each for skin, weapon, clothing, armor. Then a dark floor varnish watered down to a watery consistency. The figure with a very basic paint job gets dipped in the varnish and then shaken to remove excess wash. If it's too dark in places, I touch them with a brush to soak a little wash up. The wash does a lot for shadowing and adds a battleworn look to the figures and the varnish gives it a harder coating that protects the paint, which can chip or rub off with use.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 8th, 2022, 07:26 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I started by doing very basic paint jobs with a dip. Something like one color each for skin, weapon, clothing, armor. Then a dark floor varnish watered down to a watery consistency. The figure with a very basic paint job gets dipped in the varnish and then shaken to remove excess wash. If it's too dark in places, I touch them with a brush to soak a little wash up. The wash does a lot for shadowing and adds a battleworn look to the figures and the varnish gives it a harder coating that protects the paint, which can chip or rub off with use.
Army painter makes a "friendlier" dip than floor varnish. I recommend applying the wash with a cheep brush for more control and less mess, but the results are solid.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion