Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy's Green Stuff Projects - Troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Why did you decide to make the troll? He has to be one of the easier & cheaper figures to find right now.
He sure is. Molding him probably cost me a few more dollars than simply buying one, but I wanted to give it a shot to see if the large figure fit in my InstantMold. At the very least, I now have two, and managing their uncommon status on cards will be rather easy.
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with Yoda. Looks great but didnt you spend more on greenstuff an a base then hes worth just buying?

Or was he just a fun project?

He looks good though. Any luck finding a cheaper substitute for greenstuff ( kneadetite)? Im thinking of trying to find Robs 5lb brick of instant mold type stuff localy.
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
I agree with Yoda. Looks great but didnt you spend more on greenstuff an a base then hes worth just buying?

Or was he just a fun project?
It is for FUN, all of the way. Hence, I really don't care if I lose a few dollars here and there (Besides, the troll probably amounted to a couple of dollars lost ...Not like I stuck my life savings on a hard 6 roll on a Vegas craps table. ). If I was worried solely about financial viability, I would not have any hobbies that I deem 'fun.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
He looks good though. Any luck finding a cheaper substitute for greenstuff ( kneadetite)? Im thinking of trying to find Robs 5lb brick of instant mold type stuff localy.
Thanks; actually, I am not actively looking for any other substitutes, as GreenStuff works splendidly for my needs. If I start working on more volume, I will most likely check out the casting product that Auggies is selling.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; March 29th, 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Headed to Vegas in a couple of months with the wife's paycheck...
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Troll looks very nice. This is pushing me closer and closer to molding guys for myself. Lets see how much longer I can hold out before I spend all my money on materials.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You should not have to spend alot on materials,
Instant mold - $13 shipped on ebay
Greenstuff 36inches $17 Shipped ebay much cheaper in local game stores
Old August 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM

I wanted to use up my remaining scraps of GreenStuff, so I decided to create another squad of Cutters. They use a minimal amount of material, although the facial detail was a bit hard to nail down.

The originals are on the left. I was able to get close enough to the original color scheme to suit, and the paint job is not much different in regards to the level of detail (with the exception of the teeth). I also had to use the regular base size. As such, it was a simple matter to attach the little guys with a bit of super glue.
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
I wanted to use up my remaining scraps of GreenStuff, so I decided to create another squad of Cutters. They use a minimal amount of material, although the facial detail was a bit hard to nail down.

The originals are on the left. I was able to get close enough to the original color scheme to suit, and the paint job is not much different in regards to the level of detail (with the exception of the teeth). I also had to use the regular base size. As such, it was a simple matter to attach the little guys with a bit of super glue.
Nice work. The little guys are a great choice for green stuff--and nice to have in droves!
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Re: Filthy's Green Stuff Projects - Badru and Evar

I finally finished a couple of projects:
  • Wolves of Badru squad
  • Evar Repaint

I wanted one more squad of Badru, so I created a new mold and broke out the dwindling supply of Green Stuff. For some reason, the wolves were one of the more difficult projects for me: the heads did not quite want to line up, and the detail in the legs posed a bit of an issue. As such, there are quite a few small discrepancies my Wolves, such as slightly wider heads/twisted smiles and paws missing some of the more intricate detail. The paint job was easy enough to match. I provided a dark brown base coat, then followed up with a Midnight Blue wash. I dry brushed on a final coat of brown, and then painted the eyes and teeth.

I finally broke down and dipped my Evar sculpt in gasoline to remove that horrid, stock paint job. I think it was the fake-bake tan that set me off, but I wanted to give him a feel more akin to an Ice Man. As such, I primed him with a flat white, then applied a pale skin tone to his head and exposed arms. After hitting his clothing (dark blue for pants, leather brown for boots; I left his shirt with a primed white), gave him a couple of Midnight Blue washes, followed by a pale white dry brushing to his skin and ice shards. I then added some detail, such as a leather strap across his chest, and silver belt and boot buckles. A dry-brushed red added some contrast on his ice shards, and a final, light blue wash sealed the deal.

He could pass as an ice zombie, I suppose, but it beats that orange glow!

Old December 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy's Green Stuff Projects - Wolves and Evar

Well met!

I, too, was not impressed with Evar's appearance, which put me off the unit as a whole. But now that I see the sculpt as you have presented it, I am inspired to repaint it myself - however primitively - and put him to work!

I tried to +Rep you, but I got the "rep somebody else" message.
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Evar looks better than the original!
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM

The Surfer is taking a vacation, dude!

My surfer needed a cosmetic boost, so I decided to set him up with a beach vibe. I started off with a couple of coats of flat white primer. I then gave Norrin a surfer quality tan, board shorts, and a weathered long board. It was tempting to give him a Terminator-style look, with silver skin peeking through...But I opted to keep him looking a bit more mundane.
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:41 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Filthy's Green Stuff Projects - Evar/Surfer

That surfer is cool and funny.

your re-paint of Evar is awesome.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions