Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Resin Cast Terrain Tiles - All colors and translucent!

watch batteries are too much of a PIA and it's hard to get an LED to run off 1.5V. Much easier to bump it up to 3VDC or 4.5VDC then you can run it off of AAA's. More accessable batteries but will take up a lot more room. I could rig something up, if I had more time. We also have color changing LED's that morph into 6 different colors. The rate on which the colors change can be altered with different capacitors and resistors. You might be able to install a variable capacitor or POT.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Um, AAAs are 1.5 volts.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Um, AAAs are 1.5 volts.
Yes, i know, but I was talking about using double and triple battery holders. Sorry I should have specified. Usually 4.5 volts is a good voltage to run LED's at, since you don't get a lot of loss in your amp reduction.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM

dreamdragon *glass shatters*

you could say that the tiles telport to other maps to that color peice

Last edited by dreamdragon; October 23rd, 2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

You can get low voltage LEDs and use watch batteries just fine. They take up far less room, too.

Why a potentiometer? Why not just a button micro-switch?

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

so you can change the rate on which a color changing LED will morph. Watch batteries are nice for saving space but a PIA to find when it comes to replacement, as there are many different type. Also, finding a socket to mount is a task as well. AAA's are small enough, that can easily fit under a 2 hex unit. and can have a Double AAA holder. Which would last much longer than a watch battery.

Old October 24th, 2008, 10:39 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi View Post
so you can change the rate on which a color changing LED will morph. Watch batteries are nice for saving space but a PIA to find when it comes to replacement, as there are many different type. Also, finding a socket to mount is a task as well. AAA's are small enough, that can easily fit under a 2 hex unit. and can have a Double AAA holder. Which would last much longer than a watch battery.
Ah, I see what you mean. I was thinking of a surface mount single color LED. With a little breadboard maybe .32 thick you can mount the LED on the topside in a shaved cavity and pop the LR725 inside a holder.

You can call Future Electronics', Newark, or DigiKey to get the parts cheap - they break reels. I do agree that the AAAs are longer-lived, and as long as a holder fits under a 2-hexer you're really going to be better off with the AAAs.

What do you do for a living - EE?

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

I restore pinball machines and pinball playfields. Thou most of my work is art based. I do, do my own boardwork of diagnosing chips and other electrical problems. LED's are commonly used as "Mods" for pinball as well. We use them daily. Hence why I know a lot about ones that run on 3-6 VDC or AC. As must GI's and Lamp matrix's for pinball are run on 5 or 12 v..

Old October 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Why not take a two AAA holder and rewire it so it is parallel rather than series?
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

use a tiny lithium polymer cell often used in micro-mini indoor rc planes... only brand type I can think of is at plantraco.com in canada...
extra advantage over size and 3volts... is its rechargeable.
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:39 PM

LOL I used to do similar work to MAME machines and NAMCO stuff WAY back in the day. I was that kid making redboxes to call my girlfriend for free

Yeah, surface mount LEDs are pretty flat, run cool, and can run on low voltage and very low current. Cheap too!

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

but how bright are they? Go to Superbriteleds.com. THey have a large selection of LED's and you could put in a 555 style socket, so you could change colors if you wanted. Could go blue, or mutlicolored. Now they have purple too. Which is totally new for LED's.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles