Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old December 1st, 2010, 11:42 AM

.68 knows what's in an order marker .68 knows what's in an order marker
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

It's the slippriest of slopes, punctuation.

I'm posting with a ps3 controller and still using capitals because if we all let the site go all "text message" it will read like crap, then go downhill from there.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:46 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Even when texting on my phone, I have to use proper grammar when texting my 7 year old, or he will text back with the correction.

It is not being anal, members here just keep a certain standard to posting.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Even when texting on my phone, I have to use proper grammar when texting my 7 year old, or he will text back with the correction.

It is not being anal, members here just keep a certain standard to posting.
That's funny! I don't usually use proper grammer when texting my friends, but I do make an effort when texting adults and to keep my posts on here looking nice.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Using proper grammar and punctuation isn't just about pleasing Ms. Atkinson, my seventh grade English teacher, but more about building credibility for yourself. I'll bet there are a lot of people here who are not sure whether to even believe this statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScapeorDie
i stopped using proper grammar after my last english class in college.
And you really don't add any credibility to yourself or the statement when you preface it with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScapeorDie
i know there are several on this site that are anal retentive about it
Posting or emailing such a message in a professional setting won't earn you any respect. Why should it be any different here?
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:14 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Look, I'm not normally a grammar nazi, but seriously, look at 99.999% of the posts here. They're not ridiculously littered with crap english that are hardly worth reading.

It's a matter of respect for your fellow members, and it's a matter of not being a lazy ass. Take some time, because if you're not going to put any effort into writing the crap, nobody is interested in taking the time to read it. You look buffonish, and the fact you are saying you are a college graduate not only is the height of absurdity, it's clearly and obviously an outright falsehood.

Way to get people to want to talk with you, let alone trade with you. Starting out talking like a 10 year old chimp, then making absurd claims of college education and english classes when you write like said chimp, well, that's not the way to engender honesty and faith in you.

I fear for my country if people who are college educated are so lazy they can't be bothered to press a shift key. God forbid there's any jobs out there that require communication...we're in trouble.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:17 PM

BigBadBruinsMac is surprisingly tart

Can we get the thread back on topic?

Awesome traders: theredfro, Rÿchean, SuperflyTNT, Kaiyu, TheSparkleInYourWater
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:27 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Me too, I was like your out of college and still can't type decently.

<snark> I believe that the correct spelling would be "you're". </snark>

Hey man, I'm just giving you a hard time.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by .68 View Post
I'm posting with a ps3 controller and still using capitals because if we all let the site go all "text message" it will read like crap, then go downhill from there.
Exactly. There are plenty of sites that allow sloppy language. Everyone ends up sounding like they're in middle school and the quality of the post content plummets. We aim higher around here. This isn't just the fussiness of an anal minority; it's been the standard of this community for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post

A prime example: We don't expect 100% perfection; we just expect a reasonable effort. We've always cut people slack, especially if they're young or English is not their first language. No one should be afraid of making a few mistakes as long as they're trying to do it right.
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Me too, I was like your out of college and still can't type decently.

I have no excuse, that's just one of my poor grammar habits I guess you could say. I never claimed to be perfect.
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

And this is why people's trade lists get buried in here...
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
And this is why people's trade lists get buried in here...
Just make a link in your signature to your trade list post. Then, every time that you post somewhere, it will be there. If you update your list, just edit that post and post a simple "Updated" post in this thread.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:15 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Soooooo..

*cough*

Anyone have an extra Sudema? She is the last one I need to complete my Wave 4 heroes.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online