Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:52 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
The Book of Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

The Book of Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

C3G DC WAVE 32
YEAR OF THE HERO

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origin set.
Its model number and name are #087 / Blue Beetle.

Character Bio - Jamie Reyes found himself trapped in a world of heroism after discovering the Scarab, an entity left behind by Ted Kord, the previous Blue Beetle. Still in high school, Reyes now was bonded intimately with the Scarab, allowing himself to adopt a suit of armor at will. Reyes quickly mastered the adaptability of the suit and uses it to fight crime. Sometimes, the suit has a mind of its own and backfires, throwing caution to the wind in exchange for amazing strength and adaptability. Often reluctant due to violent encounters, Reyes chooses to train at the Teen Titans tower as the new Blue Beetle, hoping to to earn the trust of the other Teen Titans.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Arch-vile; September 21st, 2022 at 02:25 PM. Reason: png
Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:57 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) (Design Phase)

NAME = BLUE BEETLE
SECRET IDENTITY = JAIME REYES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 270

ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT 4
Start the game with 4 gray, 4 red, and 4 blue Scarab Markers. Before taking a turn with Blue Beetle, you may remove any Scarab Markers on this card and place any combination of gray, red, and blue Scarab Markers on this card. A maximum of 4 Scarab Markers can be placed on this card. Blue Beetle adds 1 to his Range number for each gray Scarab Marker on this card, adds 1 to his Attack number for each red Scarab Marker on this card, and adds 1 to his Defense number for each blue Scarab Marker on this card.

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
After each normal attack with Blue Beetle, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 2 from your roll for each red Scarab Marker on this card. If you roll 1 or lower, the nearest friendly figure to Blue Beetle receives a wound. If you roll 2 or higher, you may attack again with Blue Beetle's normal attack. Blue Beetle may not attack more than two times in a single turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Scapemage; March 3rd, 2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:59 AM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:

Background:

Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:03 AM

This one may still need some workshopping. At present, it's a collected idea between japes, Bats, and Soundwarp. The markers convey adaptability on the suit very well which plays keenly into his chance to attack an ally. The area of gameplay this design explores is really interesting to me as it stands now. You have to consider not only how you adapt each turn but also whether you want to make another attack and risk attacking an ally as well. On top of that, the Titans usually play pretty clumped up to me, but this design encourages staying away from allies with Jaime.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:08 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't usually think of him as a Titan - more of his own separate "teen hero" thing - but there's not really a better class for him so I'm fine with it. Enthusiastic feels off to me, too. Maybe I'm just thinking of the Young Justice version who's a bit surly.

Like the power set, though. Feels appropriately adaptive and will play well - easy to figure out, hard to optimize.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:31 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So how many markers does he have to play with? 6 of each color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
So how many markers does he have to play with? 6 of each color?
That's the idea. Our normal cards fit 8 markers comfortably. We can get 6 for each color by doing a 1x, 2x, and 3x marker, which would be 9 and would likely fir onto a card without immense trouble.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:49 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. I'd change Sentient Scarab Suit so it just assumes you'll have all 6 markers on though. I don't think there's a good reason not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I didn't realize you started the thread and I responded in the Titan's thread so I'll summarize.

I pictured the card art being created with 3 red, 3 blue, and 2 grey. We can also increase the base numbers and reduce the markers to hit the same balance. It would just be a tad bit less adaptable. Also EXTREMELY excited that he's finally being tackled.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I dig the concept. I'm not sure about the 9 markers fitting on the card template, that should be worked out and verified before we get locked into the 9 marker idea. One possibility if 9 markers won't fit is having fewer markers with a bigger boost of +2 per marker instead of +1.

As it stands, I also don't think the 'risk' is all that great of attacking your own figures. I would just never give him a range number capable of reaching any of my allies. Go all attack and defense and leave the range at 1 for the most part. I wouldn't be shocked if someone evaluated the OM placement for a round and at one point decided to take the risk to go all out on attack. 3 attacks of 8 could drop a figure before they can reveal their OM's, then the low defense doesn't matter.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We can fit 12 markers on a card. Three in each corner with minimal impact. That could get us up to 4 per slot max.

I'd say we just up Attack and Defense to 3 each and then give him a max of 4.

The number for friendly fragging can be adjusted.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Here's an idea to consider that only requires 6 total markers:

NAME = BLUE BEETLE
SECRET IDENTITY = JAIME REYES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = ???

ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT
Start the game with six +2 Scarab Markers. Before taking a turn with Blue Beetle, remove any Scarab Markers on this Army Card and then place at least one and up to three Scarab Markers on top of the Range, Attack, & Defense numbers on this card until all Scarab Markers have been placed. For each Scarab Marker placed on Range, add two to Blue Beetle's Range, for each Scarab Marker placed on Attack, Blue Beetle rolls two additional attack die, for each Scarab Marker placed on Defense, Blue Beetle rolls two additional defense die.

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
After attacking with Blue Beetle's normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die once, if you roll 7 or lower, Blue Beetle must immediately attack with his normal attack and you must choose an opponent to choose the target of that attack. Blue Beetle may attack non-adjacent figures while engaged during this attack. If you roll an 8 or higher, you may attack again with Blue Beetle's normal attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

The idea is that at least 1 marker has to be placed on each of the 3 stats, but no more than 3. So his base stats are then 3 range, 3 attack, & 3 defense each round with three additional +2 boosts that can be applied but no more than 2 more on any 1 stat. That gives you the following combinations:

3 Range, 7 Attack, 5 Defense
3 Range, 5 Attack, 7 Defense
5 Range, 5 Attack, 5 Defense
5 Range, 7 Attack, 3 Defense
5 Range, 3 Attack, 7 Defense
7 Range, 5 Attack, 3 Defense
7 Range, 3 Attack, 5 Defense

The 2nd attack is a may power, but limited to just 1 additional attack per round and if your opponent gets to choose the target then being engaged doesn't save you from attacking your own figures. By having a minimum Range of 3, then the it's a little more likely an ally might be in range when it does happen. Still two attacks of 7 will be pretty tempting, even two attacks of 5 at range that can be further boosted by high ground/Cap/etc. will be really hard to pass up at just a 35% chance of attacking your own figures and then only when one of your own figures are in range. I suppose their is a chance your opponent could make you target a figure with a defensive power like Counter Strike, so the 35% odds of not choosing your own target could still be a risk when he's the last man standing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library