Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 18th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I've got a Hot Java Death mug.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 18th, 2022, 03:22 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just saw the sketches of the overgrown building ruins. I enjoyed the fact that one youtube poster compared them to old illustration drawings for Edgar Rice Burroughs Martian novel ruins, as an old fan of same. I don't quite get how effective they will be as sight blockers, as is true with some of the rather open new bushes and trees, but we'll have to see how they all actually work.
Old September 18th, 2022, 04:02 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Quozl:

Hey, Age of Annihilation Merch for sure! I still have my old white GenCon Scape Tee, but Taeblewalker's wore out years ago. Got to get him a new one.

Especially with all the great new artwork available for licensed products. AOA the Tee, AOA the Cap, AOA the Mug, AOA the Faction posters...do it up right, Avalon Hill!
AoA the breakfast cereal.

"It's a mouthful of factions in every bite!"

Kee-Mo-Shi Kimchi, brain-numbingly spicy!
Deathforge...Pizza rolls, was it?
Old September 18th, 2022, 04:58 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

@Anitar @Myth26 ...you two are active on the AH Discord when Encarmine shows up. I can't keep up over there, but I haven't seen obvious points raised about the new castles/walls, could you ask about these:

1) Three designs, modular, though all walls have varied battlement "tabs," I assume you can intermix them and stack A, C, B together vertically. The columns can also be intermixed across designs?

2) The walls have overhand "hooks" that interlink and also attach to columns, but the columns are square--this means wall angles are going to be at 90 degrees instead of 120 like FotA, and the "off" angle will be "out of sync" with the terrain. Looks like some designs have half-wide walls, like the "double doors" of the bottom right style, will these get the rear walls aligned up with the hexes again?

2a) If the only connections between walls and columns are hooks at the top of the walls, that means everything has to be same-level across the terrain, can't rise and fall with the landscape like the FotA's slotted columns...

3) No wall walks on top, no vertical tabs on walls or columns that slot into hex sides. How do the castles attach to the terrain? How can hexes attach near the top so figures can look over the battlements at the approaching horde?

4) Will there be ladders? All designs have doorways, will there be doors?

Last edited by UtahScott; September 18th, 2022 at 05:07 PM. Reason: pillars, no, columns. Also, post #1600!
Old September 18th, 2022, 10:48 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
C3V stands for three words that start with C and one that starts with V.
Carniverous Cats Crave Voles?
Old September 19th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Any chance that Revna is a Rev Dyer homage?
I would certainly hope for something. There are a few folks from the early days that it would be nice to see something for.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old September 19th, 2022, 08:47 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

No daily update yet, due to Encarmine's family duties, but a nice bit of data dropped by Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
More to reveal than days left to reveal them prior to 10.1
Old September 19th, 2022, 09:08 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
@everyone DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 041 - (in honor of “Talk Like A Pirate Day” – know you asked for this) - “Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!” Ahoy, Me Hearties! Avast Ye hands, Heave Ho an listen well these tales I bring upon thee. For even within the Tar of crews such as dat Old Salt Jandar, there be many Seadogs of the oceans vast, sailing Man-O-War blazing with iron weapons even a son of a biscuit eater would stand up an take a notice. Killian Vane III has much more than grog running through his fabled family’s veins. Built like the stiff decking of the finest galleon in the fleet,dat heir to Ole Charles himself handles that blunderbuss he carries like a chase gun! And his tongue, like the sirens of Davy Jones’ locker he is, bringing a spring upon ‘er enemies an lookin’ like landlubbers crossing swords wit death himself, til their striking the colors! Not to be outdone in a challenge of skill or wit Admiral EJ-1M be the most shipshape captain amongst the Dawn Raider Syndicate he be. Savvy as a sea snake and the reflexes to arm wrestle an octopus, no surprise he finds himself the head privateer amongst Vydar’s selected when weighing anchor and hoisting the Mizzen! Deem scurvy dogs may find themselves feedin’ the fishes when the Admiral opens up like a full broadside with his near arsenal of firearms! Nothin’ and I mean nothin’ escapes Admiral Ej-1M’s view, like your best mate atop the crow’s nest, he sees it all and makes damn well sure those dead men tell no tales. (Guess there is your proof that I write these Designer Notes the day of their release.)
Edited for formatting

Last edited by fastbilly1; September 19th, 2022 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old September 19th, 2022, 09:41 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Valkyrie #9's identity (Volarak of Haukeland) and color (bright lime green) confirmed. Looks like feet pics are good for something after all, hm?
Old September 20th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Valkyrie #9's identity (Volarak of Haukeland) and color (bright lime green) confirmed. Looks like feet pics are good for something after all, hm?
Valkyrie #9! Isn’t that a pop song?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 20th, 2022, 12:17 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Interestingly, the Haslab campaign they started last week for the Marvel Legends Ghost Rider cars seems to be faltering. It hasn't reached half its goal yet, and if it doesn't meet that by Thursday, which is unlikely, the early bird figure will not be unlocked. That will reduce the value of the set and may cause some current backers to drop out, as well as reducing the incentive for future backers. It may still meet its minimum number by the end of the campaign, but it is less likely that the additional tiers will be unlocked, further reducing the value. It seems like the price point was just too high.

Hopefully they learn from this and make adjustments to the upcoming HeroScape campaign, or just outright copy what they did with HeroQuest.
Old September 20th, 2022, 01:19 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Interestingly, the Haslab campaign they started last week for the Marvel Legends Ghost Rider cars seems to be faltering. It hasn't reached half its goal yet, and if it doesn't meet that by Thursday, which is unlikely, the early bird figure will not be unlocked. That will reduce the value of the set and may cause some current backers to drop out, as well as reducing the incentive for future backers. It may still meet its minimum number by the end of the campaign, but it is less likely that the additional tiers will be unlocked, further reducing the value. It seems like the price point was just too high.

Hopefully they learn from this and make adjustments to the upcoming HeroScape campaign, or just outright copy what they did with HeroQuest.
I saw that too. It's a shame because I love ghost rider, but I'm not an action figure person, especially at that price. I need my toys to have rules, hence why I'm here lol.

They might end up giving the figure anyway with it if there's enough demand past the 23rd. It's not hitting heroquest levels, but I think heroquest still gave the last two stretch goals to backers, even though those levels weren't met.

Upset City Baby.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion