Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 5th, 2023, 04:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Winston - VOTE for Public Playtesting

Yea
Old March 5th, 2023, 05:16 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

yea
Old March 6th, 2023, 04:43 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just need one more here please!
Old March 6th, 2023, 07:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea
Old March 6th, 2023, 07:38 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This passes!
Old March 27th, 2023, 01:28 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Winston - Public Playtesting

So the main leadership here is just giving OM flex, right? I don't see anything that synergizes with revealing an OM on other Overwatch cards. Am I missing anything? I see Tracer bonds with any Overwatch characters, which Winston can recruit. DVa doesn't really have anything.

I might try to test him out, depending how my next week or two goes, want to see how best to run him.
Old March 27th, 2023, 03:12 PM

That's the intent yeah! I didn't want him to be a "full" leader per say, as whilst he is the de-facto leader, he's not really ordering anyone around, and with his flip mechanic I didn't want your main leader to suddenly....not lead. OM flex lets him essentially have the bonding, allowing Tracer to do her thing, whilst also keeping OMs on him should he flip.

No other synergies there though right now, strictly just between what Winston and Tracer do! Captain America was pretty decent with them, and on paper Guardians of the Galaxy work well with them since neither Tracer or Winston share a class or species. Not sure what that's like in practice though.

But thank you! I'd appreciate it if you did but no worries if you don't! Try them with whatever though, they're intentionally pretty generalist. In theory I don't see why they couldn't be tested in 2.0 either if you wanted to play them there, I'm intending for Winston and Tracer to be straight ports (while D.Va will be moved around a little to accommodate the change to VDO, but gameplay wise the same).
Old March 27th, 2023, 03:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cool, I'll focus on Winston and Tracer then, and leave Dva out just in case.
Old March 27th, 2023, 04:05 PM

Sounds good, thank you! D.Va's definitely solid with them, but she's not required for what they do.
Old March 30th, 2023, 09:49 PM
...has moist legs

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Winston

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Winston, Tracer, Gamora II (800)
Vs.
DBZ Androids 16,17,18 (800)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Winston, Tracer, Battle Beast (900)
Vs.
Spider-UK, Anya, Leopardon, Spider-Man (Pete) (900)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Winston is interesting. He’s kind of a “jack of all trades master of none.” The leadership is just OM flexibility, just a wordier Master Manipulator type thing. Paired with Tracer it gives you some nice movement on your turn, but that’s a Tracer thing not a Winston thing. The Primal Fury is more of a detriment since you can’t plan around your OM flex with him then. Jump pack is a solid way to get some auto wounds. I never utilized Primal Punch, as moving the figures after the attack never helped his positioning, so I mostly ignored that ability. The healing is a bit gimmicky since it basically just keeps the same wounds in a way. But it is kind of fun seeing him beast out. But when he’s beasting, he’s mostly just a single attack of 6, which isn’t terribly scary. I wouldn’t mind seeing him drop in points a little bit. But also I don’t know the rest of the faction plans, so he could potentially have some big plans with other teammates I’m not aware of. Him and Battle Beast with Tracer bonding was pretty darn cool though, and I enjoyed playing the team even if they couldn’t handle Leopardon.

Old March 30th, 2023, 09:50 PM
...has moist legs

Oh one more note, for the Primal Punch, I don't think you need that knockback language there. Just say place the figure on an empty space etc... Knockback doesn't actually mean anything. Also as worded he can punch out Godzilla, not sure if that's thematic or intended.
Old March 31st, 2023, 07:09 PM

Thanks for the tests! Seems like he could either do with buffing a bit or bringing down in points like you said. Pretty fine either way really. We could potentially increase his attack or defense on his B side to make that side a bit more threatening, or maybe let him use his Jump Pack more than once there (which is a thing in the games, it drops that ability's cooldown from about 6 seconds to 2.) Think I'll wait to see Mazen's test results before making a decision there though.

Primal Fury is an optional thing, you don't have to flip him if it's going to be detrimental to you.

For what it's worth, he does have some more teammates coming that I'll save for 2.0, but I don't think any of them will be powering him up too far.

Good call on Primal Punch though, how would this wording change look?
OVERWATCH: PRIMAL PUNCH
After an opponent's non-Huge figure rolls defense dice against Winston's normal attack, you may place it on an empty space up to 3 spaces from its current position. Figures moved by this special power do not take any leaving engagement attacks but can receive any falling damage that may apply.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library