Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Capuan Gladiators

The Book of the Capuan Gladiators

Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - Braves and Brawlers

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: N/A

Quote:
HUMAN GLADIATOR HERO BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Capuan Gladiators, you may first take a turn with any Human Gladiator Hero you control.

INITIATIVE ADVANTAGE
If all of your order markers are on Gladiator Army Cards, you may add 1 to your initiative roll for every order marker on the Capuan Gladiators' Army Card, up to a maximum of +3 for Initiative Advantage.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • SPARTACUS As Gladiators, the Capuan Gladiators may benefit from Spartacus's GLADIATOR INSPIRATION.
Synergy Benefits Offered
Human Gladiator Hero Bonding: Human Gladiator Units:
Validation: SPARTACUS: As a common gladiator squad, the Capuan Gladiators should be able to justify Spartacus's POINT-COST.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: Capuan Gladiators- The "Steamroller" is a simple, yet pretty effective and thematic combo. B+

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 6 (86/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Master Index
Capuan Gladiator Discussion Thread
Capuan Gladiators - what's your army idea?

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(photo courtesy of basilmichael)

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 03:16 PM. Reason: vc added
Old June 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Capuan Gladiators

I'm not as turned off by these guys as I was when I first read the card. Bonding with existing gladiators was a must have. Retiarius, Crixus and Spartacus are a lot more playable now (or as soon as I add this squad to my collection). Crixus and Retiarius were always some of my favorite heroes stand alone on their own right. Having this bonding squad now is just wonderful. The initiative advantage might compensate for lack of range in predominantly gladiator armies as range is an indirectly way of getting early initiative, which is one reason why it's some important. Of all of wave 9 this is the squad that I'm more excited about now.

I'm still waiting for a javeling thrwoing squad of gladiators.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM

ZtruK has disabled reputation

I haven't checked this site out in a while and this squad is great news! Can't wait to play them. My only complaint is I wish they were created around a 60 point value instead of 70. Now you have to sacrifice one of the gladiator heroes in a 500pt game and fill it with a non gladator type. At 60 points it would round out to 500 perfectly with two squads of these.

I guess it might only be a probelm for me because I limit myself to 2 of every common pack, this may have to be one of those like zombies or drones where I have to justify more than 2.. to have a nice 500 pt army:

Spart - 200
3 x Cap Glads - 210
One glad hero - 90
--
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:46 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

That was the point actually, Crixus and Retarius are both 90 points, and Crixus is perfect for the Steamroller.

-insert signature here-
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM

SoldierLeadership has disabled reputation

We've been play testing these gladiators and they have been doing great. I've won 4 out of 5 games with the gladiators. We've pit medium class armies against them and they're wiping everything that comes against them. We played 500 point games in our play test and the gladiator army consisted of Spartacus, Crixus, and 3 squads of Capuan Gladiators.

Two of the games involved using the Knights of Weston. We wanted a classic melee style game to get our feet wet. The gladiators crushed the knights which was a big surprise to me. The initiative advantage ability is now one of my favorite abilities in the game! IA coupled with a 6 movement is absolutely deadly! My main strategy from the beginning was to play a defensive game and keep my gladiators close.

Okay, my dad wanted to break out a Vydar army with Q9, Krav Maga, Nakita, and Carr. I figured I would get wiped, but incredibly I won 2 for 2 against this army. My initial strategy against Q9 was to bum rush with Crixus and a squad while leaving the majority of the group at the starting zone. I was able to crush Q9 with Crixus both games, albeit, barely. The 4/4 gladiators were more than enough back up for Crixus.

The game I lost were against an underhanded tactic that my dad deployed. He used Syvarris and the WoA. It was an easy battle and since the gladiator army is so expensive it would have been nice to see some sort of special attack to avoid lame defensive powers.

All in all the gladiators are becoming one of my favorite melee groups to play. IA + 6 movement figures is a deadly combonation. We will still be testing the gladiators against top tier armies to see their worth. So far...they are worth every point if you use Crixus with the group. I didn't bother to test the set up with Retarius, because he's soft.
Old June 16th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierLeadership View Post
Two of the games involved using the Knights of Weston. We wanted a classic melee style game to get our feet wet. The gladiators crushed the knights which was a big surprise to me. The initiative advantage ability is now one of my favorite abilities in the game! IA coupled with a 6 movement is absolutely deadly! My main strategy from the beginning was to play a defensive game and keep my gladiators close.
In comparison to the Knights, do you think that the Gladiators' initiative bonus makes up for 1 less figure per squad?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 16th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Quote:
In comparison to the Knights, do you think that the Gladiators' initiative bonus makes up for 1 less figure per squad?
Personally, I'll take the plus initiative.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:18 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'll take the extra squad member - but the real question is "does Initiative Advantage + 1 extra attack die per figure - Coward's Reward make up for one less squad member?"

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'll take the extra squad member - but the real question is "does Initiative Advantage + 1 extra attack die per figure - Coward's Reward make up for one less squad member?"
I'd say so. You're still throwing 12 dice at the opponent. And Crixus (Especially Spartacus boosted Crixus) is better bonding hero than any of the Knights' options, IMO.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
I'd say so. You're still throwing 12 dice at the opponent. And Crixus (Especially Spartacus boosted Crixus) is better bonding hero than any of the Knights' options, IMO.
That's debatable. Gilbert is pretty darn good, though we're kind of already counting Jandar's Dispatch into the Knights movement. Alastair is pretty strong too, though probably not as strong as Crixus, even with Overextend.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; June 16th, 2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: I forgot to edit out the old quotes this one time....
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
That's debatable. Gilbert is pretty darn good, though we're kind of already counting Jandar's Dispatch into the Knights movement. Alastair is pretty strong too, though probably not as strong as Crixus, even with Overextend.
The move bonus that Spartacus gives the Capuans is about the same as the move bonus Gilbert gives the Knights.

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; June 16th, 2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Sorry Rev
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
The move bonus that Spartacus gives the Capuans is about the same as the move bonus Gilbert gives the Knights.
I belive that the Capuans/Spartacus move faster than knights/Gilbert.

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units