Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossgrain View Post
[edit] - I should also add that we played it per DW9K's card that said a figure must be targeted. There was an open hex that was in range that would have been adjacent to Kelda, but it was untargetable since it did not contain any figures, correct?
You are correct here. You always target a figure, never a space.

Old May 19th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The rulebook says you can have 1 unique per army. Can I assume then, that 2 friendly armies can have the same unique? I realize it kinda violates the spirit of the rule but I can't find anywhere that prohibits this..

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
The rulebook says you can have 1 unique per army. Can I assume then, that 2 friendly armies can have the same unique? I realize it kinda violates the spirit of the rule but I can't find anywhere that prohibits this..
You will not find anything definitive regarding team/friendly armies and multiple uniques.

One school of thought is that a team game is just two people controlling one large army. Of course your point is just as valid.

I know that all team tournaments I have played in did not allow partners to have the same uniques, but that was purely the EO 's call.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; May 19th, 2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: well there was that one time one Long and his wife had the double Krav..<shudders>
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
That's correct sir, you can run any Unique you want in separate armies (friendly or opponent). So you can have the exact same build as any ally or any opponent by the letter of the law.

At my games we house rule that there can only ever be one copy of any given unique ON THE BATTLE FIELD. So if I snag Krug for example - no other army playing in that game can have a copy of him. It gives unique heroes a little more thematic pop if you ask me, and since I have a massive collection it's not an issue really.

The only reason the rules are the way they are is to facilitate game types / events where lots of bodies are showing up with pre-made armies. It would be very difficult to coordinated a big event / game day if you had to know which uniqiues you could / couldn't bring based on opponents' army builds.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the answer. Seems like team/ friendly armies should be addressed at some point though, since certain cards already specify friendly figures. 'Course the game is dead at this point, so I realize there will never be any "official" rule...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. Seems like team/ friendly armies should be addressed at some point though, since certain cards already specify friendly figures. 'Course the game is dead at this point, so I realize there will never be any "official" rule...
Dead is such a strong word... "In extended hibernation" has a much smoother taste if you ask me.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

Old May 19th, 2011, 01:42 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossgrain View Post
[edit] - I should also add that we played it per DW9K's card that said a figure must be targeted. There was an open hex that was in range that would have been adjacent to Kelda, but it was untargetable since it did not contain any figures, correct?
You are correct here. You always target a figure, never a space.
This is correct, but it can be really fun to play that AoEs do not have to target a figure, or they can target themselves. It makes Zelrig a lot more deadly, and you can have DW9K commit suicide trying to kill a squad of MacDirk Warriors and go on to lose the game.
Old May 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think this was answered elsewhere, but can an Airborne Elite target another squad member on its turn with a Grenade SA. According to the FAQ, you cannot target yourself, but how about another squad member of the same unit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced FAQ
Can a figure target itself with a ranged attack?
No, a figure cannot target itself unless otherwise stated on the Army Card.
The answer to this should go either in the FAQ or at the top of the book.
Old May 19th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I think this was answered elsewhere, but can an Airborne Elite target another squad member on its turn with a Grenade SA. According to the FAQ, you cannot target yourself, but how about another squad member of the same unit?
Quote:
I can see nothing in the text of the ability that would disallow this tactic.

Old May 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Absolutely! Go for it. But be sure that the targeted AE has already thrown his grenade.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Absolutely! Go for it. But be sure that the targeted AE has already thrown his grenade.
Back at the first one! @#$!ing traitor!!!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM

DerrylTheHero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

for the counter strike ability with the Charos and the Samurai, when it says "all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure" does that mean
- rolling as many shields up to the attackers roll and then (some) to get the Counter Strike
- or any shields passed "one" shield rolled count for the Counter Strike?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's