Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 5th, 2018, 04:32 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Scapemage's Public Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
As far as JLD synergy web, do you recall the list of classes we were planning for that. It would be useful to share I think.
Acrobat
Deadman

Agent
Shade

Creature
Frankenstein
Man-Bat
Swamp Thing

Magician
Constantine
Madame Xanadu
Zatanna

Not sure if there's 1 more that is necessary to add that gains any additional key members, but those 4 hit a decent degree of people.
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
As far as JLD synergy web, do you recall the list of classes we were planning for that. It would be useful to share I think.
Acrobat
Deadman

Agent
Shade

Creature
Frankenstein
Man-Bat
Swamp Thing

Magician
Constantine
Madame Xanadu
Zatanna

Not sure if there's 1 more that is necessary to add that gains any additional key members, but those 4 hit a decent degree of people.
Agent for Shade? I didn't read Milligan's JLD, but is he an agent there? Or is that an attempt to rope in Shade's time as a Suicide Squad member?
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:35 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

It's worth noting however, we don't have to stick to the same design approach for how the Justice League dark is done. It's a much narrower field of people we're trying to rope in, so perhaps broad classes like that aren't the best approach here.
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Agent for Shade? I didn't read Milligan's JLD, but is he an agent there? Or is that an attempt to rope in Shade's time as a Suicide Squad member?
No idea. l_m had a Shade write-up that had his class as Agent, so I was just basing it off of that. Not familiar with the character.
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
No idea. l_m had a Shade write-up that had his class as Agent, so I was just basing it off of that. Not familiar with the character.
Well fwiw, I don’t think Agent is the right choice for either version of the character, but especially not for the Peter Milligan version of the character that was in JLD. Unless of course something happened post-N52 I don’t know about.

I actually really like the character, maybe I’ll try taking a swing at him.
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:57 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm happy to adjust Deadman to Acrobat to fit that. We'd need a new Swamp Thing, though, since the current one is a Scientist.

Here's where we currently sit with Deadman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
DEADMAN
BOSTON BRAND

UNDEAD
UNIQUE HERO
ACROBAT
CURIOUS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5
POINTS XXX

INTANGABILITY
Deadman can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Deadman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

SPECTRAL POSSESSION
Instead of moving with Deadman, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place Deadman on that Unique Hero's card. You control that Unique Hero while Deadman is on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn with that figure. At the end of the round or when the chosen figure is destroyed while Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on a space adjacent to the space currently or previously occupied by that figure.

DOOMSAYER
Instead of attacking with Deadman, you may choose a friendly figure within 3 spaces of Deadman. View all Order Markers on the Army Cards of figures within 3 spaces of the chosen figure.

FLYING

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 5th, 2018, 05:05 PM

Deadman is definitely one I'd like to see done. I had a write up of him at some point, and I believe Sir G or someone had him drafted. I think you're in the clear to take him on though.

I was thinking Swamp Thing was a creature. I'm definitely thinking a different apporach to how the JLD synergize is probably the better way to go. Maybe have them just have boosts that suit each other well.
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Deadman looks good. What's the theme behind the third power?

Part of me almost likes the idea of him having a version of an Acrobatic power that only works when he's possessing someone. Could be interesting.

Shade is someone I've wanted forever. He was someone I thought we'd surely do before we did Shadow Thief if that gives any indication ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 6th, 2018, 09:49 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
We'd been briefly discussing how Deadman is frequently a messenger figure who spreads warning as instructed by higher powers. In Brightest Day, the entire story is centered around this aspect. Mechanically, the theme is that he is warning an ally of impending doom (being attacks from foes).

I'll see what I can find for the other write-ups. I'm not opposed to some sort of acrobatic power, but it needs the right fit.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 6th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
We'd been briefly discussing how Deadman is frequently a messenger figure who spreads warning as instructed by higher powers. In Brightest Day, the entire story is centered around this aspect. Mechanically, the theme is that he is warning an ally of impending doom (being attacks from foes).

I'll see what I can find for the other write-ups. I'm not opposed to some sort of acrobatic power, but it needs the right fit.
He does pretty frequently function as a kind of supernatural scout iirc so works for me

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Just A Head

I still like Doomsayer, but if we’re looking for an acrobatic power, what about this?
Quote:
POSSESSED ACROBATICS
After a figure you control with Deadman on its card rolls attack or defense dice, you may move that figure 1 space for each blank rolled. Figures moved with Spectral Acrobatics will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
If Zatanna has a ability to change die rolls to blanks, this could give some synergy with her.
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The theme of Doomsayer makes sense to me with that explanation.

The possessed acrobatics power is cool too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy