View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Tarn Viking
Blue, winged helmet viking 55 29.57%
Red, horned helmet viking 63 33.87%
White, two-handed pain deliverer viking 37 19.89%
Green, shield and sword viking 31 16.67%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:22 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Favorite Sculpt 31: Tarn Vikings

If you missed any favorite sculpt threads, head to the
Polls Directory

Let's go back to the beginning and discuss the Tarn Vikings sculpts.

Worth mentioning - A 'Scaper explained how the green and white vikings have the same lower half and the blue and red viking share the same lower sculpt too. Interesting.

So which Tarn Viking is your favorite?

Image created by Jeremy Kalgreen (Jezztek) and borrowed from BoardgameGeek.com

Last edited by Hex_Enduction_Hour; October 23rd, 2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:27 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Favorite Sculpt 31: Tarn Vikings

It's gotta be the red one for me. He's got the most dynamic pose, plus the horns on the helmet. It's a good shade of red, too. The only downside I see to him is that his spear is kinda weak.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:33 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Green = . He's got an action-packed pose.
The white viking is great too, but I tend to grab him by the that sword tip and it just doesn't feel correct. I want to spin him like a top!

The green viking has a good pose for grabbing while moving him on the map. It may be a trivial prerequisite, but a gaming miniature not only has to look good, but feel good in your hand too, huh!
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:36 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Green = .
Agreed.

Personally I like them all.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:15 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the blue one the best. His sculpt just looks so epic, like he's about to lay the smackdown on somebody.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:20 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I went with the Red one. He's Sven, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:41 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

I voted for the Captain America Tarn. Blue with winged helmet. I like swords better than spears.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:42 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I like the blue one the best. His sculpt just looks so epic, like he's about to lay the smackdown on somebody.
He's got the sweet sword and the Captain America helmet wings going for him, I'll say that much. Blue guy is a close second, but Sven is still my favorite.

EDIT: Wow, Ugly-Caco just said pretty much everything I did, while I was saying it. That can be worth some +rep in my book.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I dislike the blue one, because new players always get him confused with Thorgrim. "Look for the guy with the winged helmet and a sword.... No, the other one."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Akralons review on the Blue Viking made me almost not vote for him(If you look at him, he almost looks stupid, doesn't he?), but he was my original favorite and I'll stick to him.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Emeritus Admin

Totally forgot we have GaryLASQ's essential fan site to utilize for spinners! Added them to the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I dislike the blue one, because new players always get him confused with Thorgrim. "Look for the guy with the winged helmet and a sword.... No, the other one."
I think it has more to do with that hypno-shield the blue viking carries.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

The green viking. I love his shield and the position of his sword.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units