Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 1st, 2024, 07:49 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Re: GTM HeroScape AoA Previews!

Also, Oberon turned into Irene.
Old March 1st, 2024, 07:53 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Ah, I was wondering who the heck she was when I saw Knight Irene on the list for the new Master Set.
Old March 1st, 2024, 08:21 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Was kinda excited for this but a bit disappointing. Seems like a paired down offering of AoA, not really seeing any solid changes here. Haven't been following too closely, but I'm not really sure why the year+ of time between the failure of the AoA campaign and the release of this if you're just going to change some artwork and rearrange the set configuration. Cards look jarring graphically, in my opinion. Don't think it fits well stylistically with the original heroscape offerings. Will probably pass on everything but the trees. Might maybe grab the unpainted sets for some more terrain and the use the minis for kitbashing.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 1st, 2024, 08:56 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Last edited by Hogg; March 1st, 2024 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Made a double post somehow
Old March 1st, 2024, 08:57 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Was kinda excited for this but a bit disappointing. Seems like a paired down offering of AoA, not really seeing any solid changes here. Haven't been following too closely, but I'm not really sure why the year+ of time between the failure of the AoA campaign and the release of this if you're just going to change some artwork and rearrange the set configuration. Cards look jarring graphically, in my opinion. Don't think it fits well stylistically with the original heroscape offerings. Will probably pass on everything but the trees. Might maybe grab the unpainted sets for some more terrain and the use the minis for kitbashing.
If you buy the unpainted sets, its $220 for less content than the Haslab set. You don't get as many figures or walls.
Old March 1st, 2024, 09:19 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Is my time worth 100$. I know I can match the colors and meet or exceed the quality of paint, but my take home after taxes means this is like 3 or 4 hours of work, which is about what it would take me to do myself.

Not an easy choice.

I think it will depend on what you want stuff to look like. I will probably buy painted battle box because I don't have anything I want to do with those six models, but I'm probably going unpainted on the Master Set because I want to do something different with the Frostclaws and paint my own dragon.

Quote:
Of note: Renegade's "Character Bio" page has a card for each unit if you click on them. Notably, this includes a fair few units we haven't seen before, including Sgt. Drake, Shiori, Onshu, and the various Kyrie. A few other figures got general changes (the main thing is that all the figures that went to Volarak are now going to Aquilla instead)

Since they didn't get rid of Volarak entirely given the symbol, I wonder what their whole deal and thematic army composition is now that Druids and Familiars made their way to Aquilla.
Old March 1st, 2024, 09:20 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
If you buy the unpainted sets, its $220 for less content than the Haslab set. You don't get as many figures or walls.
Correct.

Also, man, this roster of minis has been so tantalizingly close, just frustrating. Really, I think you switch out the steampunk space pirates for plain jane, easily recognizable generic brand pirates and this set could have had the same iconic eye-catching pleasing quality that Rise of the Valkyrie had.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 1st, 2024, 09:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I won't be buying anything until at least the new Wave 2, which will be revealed in June and available in the Fall. The problem is that the price of the two combat sets is mostly in old terrain and basic game components I don't need.

I like the new painted figures and their old style cards a lot. But you get only 8 sections of the new Walls in the Master Set. And only 3 new trees and no bushes in The Two Player Box. The Terrain Set is only foliage: slightly different palm trees and bushes that work the same way as the old ones, of which I have plenty. The Wellspring Water is a D20 roll to lose 1 Wound or, on a really bad roll, lost 2. Its only in the Battle Box for now.

The things I'd like to see most in Wave 2 would be:

1. Faction Figure/Card Sets.

2. A Terrain Pack (they said elsewhere that there would be another one at least in Wave 2) with the new stuff only, in greater quantity: Walls, Foliage, and Wellspring Water.

I wish Renegade the best of luck. But as an old collector and gamer, I feel like they left me out of their product for now.
Old March 1st, 2024, 09:34 PM

(Duplicate Post)
Old March 1st, 2024, 11:20 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Sparkly water!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; March 1st, 2024 at 11:21 PM. Reason: What can I say, I'm easily amused. :D
Old March 2nd, 2024, 12:02 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So excited to see new Heroscape product! The modern reality is that I’ll not be buying the multiple sets like back in the day - but hey; new Heroscape!

Betty or Veronica...?
Old March 2nd, 2024, 12:27 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Wow quite a few complaints. I think it looks awesome and I already preordered a bunch. I'm interested to see if so many posters put their money where there mouth was and actually SUPPORT Renegade and BUY the product (cuz otherwise there won't BE a 2nd wave if the stuff doesn't sell) since a large number of them chastised myself and others for not being satisfied with the previous unpainted AoA nonsense from Avalon/Hasbro, stuff like "Grow up, quit complaining Scape is back, you can always paint it, blahblahblah..."

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News