Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 6th, 2022, 04:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Today's designer's notes
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 029- "A LIVING TIDE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION" The Oathbound are the Craven Court’s vanguard shock troops, rushing ahead of the main attack force to overwhelm defenses and locate weaknesses to exploit during the main advance. Their adaptive strategies allow them to modify their unit composition based on real-time assessments of the enemy, sometimes spreading out across the battlefield as smaller units of Oathbound Legionnaires, swarming across and over the battlefield, to engage multiple adversaries, distracting them form the Craven Court reinforcements close behind. Other times, the Oathbound will gather together into an Oathbound Phalanx, placing their sheer weight in numbers together against a single weak point and shatter their opposition in a massive hammer blow of razor sharp teeth and deathly talons.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 6th, 2022, 04:31 PM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

Oathbound Phalanx is the sickest thing since Melter Deathforge

crab?
Old September 6th, 2022, 04:31 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Today's designer's notes
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 029- "A LIVING TIDE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION" The Oathbound are the Craven Court’s vanguard shock troops, rushing ahead of the main attack force to overwhelm defenses and locate weaknesses to exploit during the main advance. Their adaptive strategies allow them to modify their unit composition based on real-time assessments of the enemy, sometimes spreading out across the battlefield as smaller units of Oathbound Legionnaires, swarming across and over the battlefield, to engage multiple adversaries, distracting them form the Craven Court reinforcements close behind. Other times, the Oathbound will gather together into an Oathbound Phalanx, placing their sheer weight in numbers together against a single weak point and shatter their opposition in a massive hammer blow of razor sharp teeth and deathly talons.
I must admit, "a pile of 21 bugs" (assuming I counted that right) is not at all what I expected a Hero to be. Good stuff.

I also like how much these units embody the philosophy behind the Court. They look like a ravenous, savage horde of bug monsters; but as the names will tell you, they're a regimented army with rules and principles.
Old September 6th, 2022, 04:46 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

This is an interesting concept. I wonder if you will be able to shift its form in the middle if the game?
Old September 6th, 2022, 05:01 PM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Does someone know if Haslab for Heroquest was delivered to Europe? On the Haslab page for heroquest there is a "Not available to ship to Quebec, Canada.", so I am worry for non-US heroscaper
Old September 6th, 2022, 05:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
This is an interesting concept. I wonder if you will be able to shift its form in the middle if the game?
Ooh, I bet it is. I only saw the "Unique Squad" bit of the image and didn't notice the "Unique Hero" bit.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 6th, 2022, 05:47 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Ooh, I bet it is. I only saw the "Unique Squad" bit of the image and didn't notice the "Unique Hero" bit.
And now I wonder, would the change from Hero to Squad be at-will and both-ways? Based on the lore for the faction so far, I would guess so. The alternative would probably be "starts game as Hero, fractures into Squad on death," which could be a dynamic for a different hive-mind hero. Perhaps a new Marro Hivelord that's just two dozen Nagrubs in a trenchcoat?
Old September 6th, 2022, 05:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And now I wonder, would the change from Hero to Squad be at-will and both-ways? Based on the lore for the faction so far, I would guess so. The alternative would probably be "starts game as Hero, fractures into Squad on death," which could be a dynamic for a different hive-mind hero. Perhaps a new Marro Hivelord that's just two dozen Nagrubs in a trenchcoat?
Awesome imagery!

Old September 6th, 2022, 06:22 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Think outside the box for a minute. What if it's really 65 Height, but only the bottom 11 or so are modeled? That way, we'd get eight independent based legs "ankles down". There's no worry about finding enough grouped-space for the figure to move, it's not a single-piece mold. Different heights? doesn't matter, each leg moves independently like part of a squad. There could also be another "floating" head unit to attack its targets, and the legs could kick/stab/crush adjacent units. Each leg/head could be targeted. And this would be reasonable, production-, price- and paint-wise.
As it happens, I do have a quote about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by blast_shark
The figure is just a giant disembodied foot/part of a leg that stomps around the battlefield and calls in "off board" artillery
This is just the kind of thing that Encarmine is writing down in his little notebook!

This is a fascinating idea. Basically operates like a squad, but maybe they all have to stay within so many spaces of each other, but considered a hero for other abilities.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old September 6th, 2022, 06:37 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
Does someone know if Haslab for Heroquest was delivered to Europe? On the Haslab page for heroquest there is a "Not available to ship to Quebec, Canada.", so I am worry for non-US heroscaper
I believe it wasn’t initially, but that changed during the campaign.

About Quebec, this is an issue just with Quebec. I think if you recall, Heroscape never shipped to Quebec because they have a French language import rule if I recall.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 6th, 2022, 07:12 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

And now we finally get to see the nightmares in my head. I’ve had this idea for years and years and was thrilled to finally get it to paper. Along with the new Design Team we were able to make this one sing. It’s an absolute blast to play.
Old September 6th, 2022, 09:04 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

And I thought the Cyborgs were icky! These guys go all the way to yucky. How do you sleep at night?

Great idea, switching between Hero and Squad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion