Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Zombie Survival- What would your equipment be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
FYI - A handgun is only useful to fight your way to your rifle.

Semper Fi.

But you must realize that only applies to video games, where weapons do a base damage depending where you hit. In real life, one nice shot with a handgun to the head of a zombie, will kill it.
You're out of your mind. It's a hell of a lot harder to crack someone in the dome than you think, especially with a short-sight handgun which may or may not be very accurate. A rifle is inherently more accurate, less prone to misloads (especially if it's not an AR-15) and is without a doubt a better weapon. Handguns are the weapon of last resort - the proof is that the US (really, every military in the world) does not issue handguns to their troops, they issue battle rifles.

A 9mm will cut a bleeding hole in someone but depending on where you pop 'em they may still have fight left in 'em. A rifle will knock them dead. Furthermore, most handguns have limited ammunition in their magazines compared to...let's say...my AK-47 which has a 75-round drum on it, can shoot through trees and light walls whereas my best handgun, a FiveSeven has 20 rounds of ammunition in it, which is as much as you're going to get in a handgun without one of those glock or 1911 race-gun mags that hold 30 but make the gun really unwieldy.

Go back to playing World At War or Halo, let the real gun talk sit with the people that are proficient in weapons or those who entered military service.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Semper Fi.

But you must realize that only applies to video games, where weapons do a base damage depending where you hit. In real life, one nice shot with a handgun to the head of a zombie, will kill it.
You're out of your mind.

A 9mm will cut a bleeding hole in someone but depending on where you pop 'em they may still have fight left in 'em. A rifle will knock them dead. Furthermore, most handguns have limited ammunition in their magazines compared to...let's say...my AK-47 which has a 75-round drum on it, can shoot through trees and light walls whereas my best handgun, a FiveSeven has 20 rounds of ammunition in it, which is as much as you're going to get in a handgun without one of those glock or 1911 race-gun mags that hold 30 but make the gun really unwieldy.
The whole point of finding living marines with a huge cash of weapons and ammo.

But do you think you could be shot in the head by a 9 mm and survive?

I'm a F18, bro.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Semper Fi.

You're out of your mind.

If you're the one shooting? Yeah, then I'd feel pretty good about my chances.

But do you honestly think a handgun is more powerful than a rifle? Are you out of your mind? Onacara's right. If there's people like you to act as my bait, I'm never going to need a gun.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It's happened before.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
We must all realize that when people die..they stay dead...unlike this thread.
You know what, this is a fairly interesting thread for those of us who like to pretend that this might happen. Would you prefer that someone went and made a new thread a bout this because they liked the topic? Really, just stop talking and let the thread be. Sheesh.

WARNING: I am not a weapons expert, nor have I ever held a real gun.

The thing about a hand gun when it comes to anti-zombie survival is that it can still be usefull, but is not the weapon of choice. If you've got one when the zombies take over, grab it and head out along with your rifle or shot gun or whatever else. If you run out of other ammo but there are still zombies near by, bust out the 9mm and take some shots. Here's the progression: Main rifle/shotgun->explosives->pistol->Sword/bat/machete->dead. It would be useful to have, but it wouldn't be the only thing I'd bring in an emergency.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Semper Fi.

You're out of your mind.

Do you really think you can hit a sporadically moving zombie in the head with a 9 mm? The thing is, even if your aim is spot-on, which it probably isn't, handguns are a lot less accurate in and of themselves. Your best bet is a shotgun, which may not go EXACTLY where you want it to, but it's still going to do severe damage to anything you point it at. The only disadvantage is the reload time which would be a little more than replacing a clip, except for my bolt-action 16 gauge which actually had a clip. I swear it is a shotgun, not a rifle.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM

The Walrus King is surprisingly tart

Can we just stop arguing the logic behind all this? If someone wants to bring along a pistol to the Zombie Apocalypse, then it's their' decision. Who cares if you can't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
hit a sporadically moving zombie in the head with a 9 mm?
He's just voicing his' own opinion, and doesn't need to be chewed out just 'cuz what he wants to bring is the "insensible" choice. He's just stating his opinion! For all you know these zombies could be more susceptible to pebbles than to guns!

With that off my chest...

1° Weapon- An assault rifle (something top secret the US is prototyping) [laser scope, silencer]
2° Weapon- A super sexy futuristic rocket launcher
[the multi-kill-rockets attachment, ergonomic design]

1° Melee- Super sexy Badass massive 2h sword
[N/A, N/A]
2° Melee- H3 Gravity Hammer
[unlimited battery, N/A]

Backpack-
  • pebbles
  • first aid kits
  • some portable super PDA gizmo
  • communication device to fellow zombie resistance buddies
  • some of that scent cover-up stuff hunters use
  • Off! (anti-zombie edition)
  • a portable impenetrable energy field machine (think Bubble Shield on crack )
  • portable Gravity Lift
  • some flares
  • night vision goggles
  • combat mask with rebreathers
  • my trusty Swiss Army knife
  • food
  • LOTS of water
  • salt (if zombies were taken over by evil snails and slugs)
Transportation-
Custom Combat Hummer w/ ground system, spiked tires, ammo rack, minigun, oversized lots-of-horsepower engine, bladed edges, tracking equipment, and hop thrusters... Oh and the bangin' sound system

LOSE THE GAME
RULE 1: You are playing the game.
RULE 2: Whenever you think about the game, you lose.
RULE 3: Loss must be announced.

Congrats. You just lost game.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, sporadically moving zombie, with a rifle? I don't think you can do that either. The shotgun is a good choice. But I still think, for sizes sake, the handgun would be the best choice, and reloading isn't an issue. Anything close range and I have to reload, I can break out the axe, and I have a pretty good axe arm.(Chopping wood as a boyscout, eh?) I don't believe that the handgun is an insensible choice, and besides, what would be easier to find in gun tight states, a handgun, or a rifle?

I'm a F18, bro.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Hey, sporadically moving zombie, with a rifle? I don't think you can do that either. The shotgun is a good choice. But I still think, for sizes sake, the handgun would be the best choice, and reloading isn't an issue. Anything close range and I have to reload, I can break out the axe, and I have a pretty good axe arm.(Chopping wood as a boyscout, eh?) I don't believe that the handgun is an insensible choice, and besides, what would be easier to find in gun tight states, a handgun, or a rifle?
A hunting shotgun. Really, if somewhere won't let you hunt, it's probably not going to let you get a gun that is only useful against other people.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I would take a 9mm along with EP and OYIH and then use the 9mm to shoot them in the leg so I can get a head start
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
besides, what would be easier to find in gun tight states, a handgun, or a rifle?
A rifle. How many people actually hunt using a handgun? Which do you think most gun stores are going to carry more of? Handguns or rifles?

All of the reasons you've stated are the reasons that cops carry pistols instead of rifles. But the cops don't want to have to use their guns. That's just a last resort. And when they do pull out their firepower and unload, they don't generally kill too many people. That's the reason cops use the 9 mm pistol. It wounds, but it doesn't kill very often.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
All growed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I would take a 9mm along with EP and OYIH and then use the 9mm to shoot them in the leg so I can get a head start
You'd have some problems doing that because I would deflect the bullet back at you with my lightsaber.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General