Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old November 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Online Heroscape Season 3 - ROUND 5 POSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
So.... will the victor of the Sparkle vs. Foudzing match be the winner of the entire tourney?!
No, If I lose Kevindola is the champion, if I win there will be a final match between Kevindola and me.

Last edited by Foudzing; November 10th, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

dalu and I are kicking off now.
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
So.... will the victor of the Sparkle vs. Foudzing match be the winner of the entire tourney?!
I don't think so, kevindola is already 5-0.
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

Which tool symbol do I use to hide text under a "spoiler" so that I don't post a huge post?
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Played a great loss against Dalu. In short, I opted to keep him away from the Wannok, while he grabbed the relatively uncontested Valda glyph. I hinged a lot on DW8K's special attack, but it sputtered on attacks, only killing one Mezzo before failing to defend against a 3 skull attack. The hydra soon followed. The Mindflayer was able to kill a couple of Mezzos and steal some OMs, but the move-boosted Borgs surrounded him and killed him..>Game over.

Great game, dalu, and congrats on your 4-1 record. We hope to see you and your friends in the next online tournament!

Rosencrantz: just surround your post in [$poiler]what you want to hide[/$poiler] tags (where $ is an 's').
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wah, so sorry I missed the Dalu/Filthy match.
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Typhon2222 and I just completed our game. He's a great sport and I really enjoyed our pre- and post-game conversation.

I won the dice roll and was given first choice, so I selected Typhon's Havech army as I felt it was the strongest of the lot. Typhon countered with my Charos army:

Havech Eradicators x4, Su-Bak-Na, Isamu
versus
Charos, Syvarris, Greenscales x3, Theracus

Round 1:
I began by advancing my Havech, fording the river and claiming the two adjacent height 4 snow hexes along with the Glyph of Wannok. Typhon advanced with his Greenscales and claimed the Glyph of Valda. My Havech were able to make a few attacks from height on Charos, putting 3 wounds on him before being engaged by the Greenscales.

Round 2:
Charos maintained his position on the the height 3 terrain near the ruin at the bottom of the map while the Greenscales finished off my Havech and claimed the high ground. This enabled me an occasional ranged attacking from across the river, though Charos had height advantage. Eventually, Charos flew across the river and engaged several Havechs, which enabled me to get height and put some more wounds on Charos.

Round 3:
In a key turn, one of my Havech managed to make a double attack (the only one of the game) and finally finish Charos off. Theracus then brought Syvarris across the river, but dropped him in a location where I could close in and attack him from range. I put 3 wounds on Syvarris and lost two of my Havech to Plasma Surge. By the end of the round, I was down to 1 Havech, Su-Bak-Na, and Isamu. Typhon had Syvarris (with 3 wounds), Theracus (with 2 wounds from Wannok), and 4 Greenscales spread out throughout the map.

Round 4:
Su-Bak-Na forded the river and landed on the height 4 snow. He managed to defend Syvarris' attacks and then land adjacent - had these done significant damage the outcome of the game would have been different. SBN then landed next to Syvarris and finished him off. This cost Typhon an Order Marker and SBN closed in and killed Theracus. A Greenscale managed to engage SBN, but failed to damage him. The 4 remaining Greenscales were scattered across the map, so Typhon conceded. I had an unwounded SBN, 1 Havech, and Isamu remaining.

The dice rolls were certainly interesting this game. I won all 4 initiative rolls, including two times when I rolled a 6 and Typhon rolled a 3. Going back through the record, I found thatout of the 15 ranged attack rolls I made, 6 resulted in Plasma Surge killing a Havech (i.e., dying 40% of the time versus the expected 25%). In fact, I lost more Havech to Plasma Surge than Typhon killed! I only managed to double attack once (i.e., a 6.7% success rate versus the expected 20%). That said, my attacks were doing well and I even managed to wound Charos a couple times when I only rolled 1 skull (including one where I was engaged and could have died to counterstrike).

A big THANK YOU to the tournament organizers! It was great being able to play this year since I was unable to attend a NHSD gathering.
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Everything Vydar just posted is a LIE!

Except the bit about me being a good sport, of course. That's very very true. My good-sportitude, along with my humility, are my best qualities.

Oh yeah, and that bit about him winning. That's also, sadly, the truth.

No, in all seriousness, we had a blast. He CLEARLY has the better memory than I do for details of the battle, so there's nothing I can add to his detailed report. Will just echo his thanks to the organizers, and the pleasure it was to play him.

Last edited by Typhon2222; November 10th, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Played a great loss against Dalu. In short, I opted to keep him away from the Wannok, while he grabbed the relatively uncontested Valda glyph. I hinged a lot on DW8K's special attack, but it sputtered on attacks, only killing one Mezzo before failing to defend against a 3 skull attack. The hydra soon followed. The Mindflayer was able to kill a couple of Mezzos and steal some OMs, but the move-boosted Borgs surrounded him and killed him..>Game over.

Great game, dalu, and congrats on your 4-1 record. We hope to see you and your friends in the next online tournament!
Thanks Filthy.

You have forgotten to say that the dice were in my favor during this game.
The Hydra should have last longer.

The key of the victory is Valda.
The only weakness of the Incendiborgs is their slow move.
You can't escape them when they have move 6.

Quote:
Wah, so sorry I missed the Dalu/Filthy match.
We were on a Hangout with dok.
I'm sorry you have missed the match.
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Everything Vydar just posted is a LIE!
The winners write the history, right?

Quote:
He CLEARLY has the better memory than I do for details of the battle, so there's nothing I can add to his detailed report. Will just echo his thanks to the organizers.
I went and trudged through the dice log because I really wanted to know if Plasma Surge had actually been worse for me than normal or if I just perceived it that way since I hadn't ever played the Havech before.

PS - In going through the record, I did find one mistake we made. It looks like we forgot to roll Plasma Surge a second time for the Havech managed to shoot a 2nd time at Charos.
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

Spoiler Alert!
test run
Old November 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Warning: Extremely lengthy and probably unnecessary battle report.

Spoiler Alert!
*Report excerpt from Raelin's War Journal

Last edited by Rosencrantz; November 10th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events