Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Army Judging Thread

I'm trying to come up with a 450 point army for a game, and had a core of
PKs x4
+170 (possibly Q10 + Marcu)

What would you suggest to put in those last 170 points?

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
I'm trying to come up with a 450 point army for a game, and had a core of
PKs x4
+170 (possibly Q10 + Marcu)

What would you suggest to put in those last 170 points?
100 Iron Golem
060 Red Wyrmling x2

Iron Golem is your hedge against special attacks, and the Red Wyrmlings can help cut through the high defense melee squads.

050 Me-Burq-Sa
120 Red Wyrmling x4

Me-Burq-Sa snipes Raelin, Red Wyrmlings clean up squads, PKs swarm heroes. Height control is critical.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

Been away fighting wars with Fenrisians...but I miss the good old days of rolling 20s can killing big figures. Heres my favorite army for this game:

Nilfhiem 185
Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 45
Finn the Viking Champion 80
Theracus 40

All flying and fast moving characters so It'll do well on all maps. FaT bomb is the first wave, hopefully getting some wounds on something big or killing it. Cyprien with 4atk goes next (man I miss him) with Nilfy wrecking havoc.
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nilfy View Post
Been away fighting wars with Fenrisians...but I miss the good old days of rolling 20s can killing big figures. Heres my favorite army for this game:

Nilfhiem 185
Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 45
Theracus 40

All flying and fast moving characters so It'll do well on all maps. FaT bomb is the first wave, hopefully getting some wounds on something big or killing it. Cyprien with 4atk goes next (man I miss him) with Nilfy wrecking havoc.
That looks likes a fun army, and pleasantly resistant to those squad-busters. Nilfheim is one of my all-time favorite pieces, and Cyprien rarely disappoints.

An army, just for fun, that comes to me is this, built around my favorite characters:
Nilfheim 185
Crixus 275
Raelin (RotV) 355
Deathreavers x2 435
Marro Warriors 485
Isamu 495

Any suggestions?

Also, what do you suggest for a format where each player can only pick from one general and you're picking from Utgar against Vydar (knowing you're going up against Braxas and Q9).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nilfy View Post

Nilfhiem 185
Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 45
Theracus 40

That looks likes a fun army, and pleasantly resistant to those squad-busters. Nilfheim is one of my all-time favorite pieces, and Cyprien rarely disappoints.

An army, just for fun, that comes to me is this, built around my favorite characters:
Nilfheim 185
Crixus 275
Raelin (RotV) 355
Deathreavers x2 435
Marro Warriors 485
Isamu 495

Any suggestions?

Also, what do you suggest for a format where each player can only pick from one general and you're picking from Utgar against Vydar (knowing you're going up against Braxas and Q9).
I woud drop the rats, Marro warriors and Isamu for 2 squads of Greenscale Warriors.

For the Utgar army, I would try:
Ornak
2 fen hydras
Taelord

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old January 18th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

I'm new at heroscape do you like an army with

2 fen hydras
isamu
cyprian
sonya
crav maga
Old January 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Yes.

Krav give you some range to draw opponents into striking distance of the speedy Cyprien, and the Hydras give you some anti-squad oomph.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, that looks pretty good, seems to do well against most things, Cyprien and Hyrdas for heroes, and Krav and Hydras for squads, and Isamu for Cleanup.

Quote:
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Karasavidis View Post

2 fen hydras
isamu
cyprian
sonya
crav maga
Welcome to the forums Alex! The army you have stated is a very good core and at only 445 points, you could throw in 2 red wyrmlings for special attacks and efficient rat killers for a 505 point killer army. If needbe, you could drop Sonya, which puts you at 400 points, and pick up 2 Squads of rats and Marcu for wound glyph soaker. My .

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM

2 Fen Hydras (240)
Isamu (10) [250]
Cyprien (150) [400]
Sonya (45) [445]
Krav Maga (100) [545]

545 points, think you missed Krav.

Quote:
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

thanks guys have any ideas for a 600 point army with my origanal disign I don't have anything in waves 2-6 and 2nd master set I have Orm's Return I really need help I have wave 13 and 11 one pack of 12
Old January 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Karasavidis View Post

2 fen hydras
isamu
cyprian
sonya
crav maga
I like it, I'd just worry about the abundance of uniques. I would have a hard time dealing with that many cards.

What about this:
Krug
Raelin (RotV)
Q9
+ Rats x3

Its quirky and more heroes than I usually play. I just wanted opinions. I'm a fan of quirky armies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion