Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 12th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

I'm sure there's no shortage of cheap slime/ooze miniatures that could be painted black. There's a really cool D&D Black Pudding mini that would work great - it actually has a slot for you to put minis into, to represent being "engulfed."

Think it's like $10 though.
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Oh, interesting. I've thought about doing something like this a LOT, and I've never quite had a take that I liked. I do have a 'generic symbiotes' design around somewhere, but that's more 'rampaging symbiotes with hosts', not 'goop monsters in search of host'.

Limiting it to Humans and Mutates is bunk. Throw that out right away! Limiting it so severely kills a lot of thematic hosts, and half the fun, right out of the gate. Let him bond with anyone but Androids, Constructs, and Symbiotes.
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Symbiote Dark Judges for the win!
Going to have to take a swing at the symbiote T-Rex at some point.
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm intrigued

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:09 PM

danthem knows what's in an order marker danthem knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Oh, interesting. I've thought about doing something like this a LOT, and I've never quite had a take that I liked. I do have a 'generic symbiotes' design around somewhere, but that's more 'rampaging symbiotes with hosts', not 'goop monsters in search of host'.

Limiting it to Humans and Mutates is bunk. Throw that out right away! Limiting it so severely kills a lot of thematic hosts, and half the fun, right out of the gate. Let him bond with anyone but Androids, Constructs, and Symbiotes.
The best thing is, had I made it bond with near anything, I would've forgotten to restrict symbiotes themselves :P . I think that it bonding with anything would be fine if we are set on dropping it to +2/+2 . I am concerned that heros with intangible (who can only be attacker from melee) might be unkillable with an increased defense. Most figures with that kind of ability are non-human/mutate I think. Honestly, throw this guy on ant-man (Scott) and he's a force to be reckoned with already.
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem View Post
Honestly, throw this guy on ant-man (Scott) and he's a force to be reckoned with already.
I'd say he'd be about on par with a 310 pt figure.

It makes sense to me to roll Taste and Toxic Atmosphere into a single power;

Quote:
TASTE FOR LIVING FLESH
After taking a turn with Venom's Host, if it inflicted a wound against an adjacent figure with its normal attack, remove one wound marker from Venom's Host's card. At the end of the round, roll 2/3 unblockable attack dice against Venom's Host, or the Venom Symbiote if it is on the battlefield.
Basically, they're going to wind up losing health pretty quickly every round, so the only way to survive is to play aggressively and deal some damage.
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:42 PM

danthem knows what's in an order marker danthem knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm sure there's no shortage of cheap slime/ooze miniatures that could be painted black. There's a really cool D&D Black Pudding mini that would work great - it actually has a slot for you to put minis into, to represent being "engulfed."

Think it's like $10 though.
This is the exact figure I was eyeballing! $10 is still quite a bit though
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem View Post
This is the exact figure I was eyeballing! $10 is still quite a bit though
I mean the symbiote has got to be one of the easiest characters of all time to proxy. Just paint a glob of hot glue black and you have a symbiote.
Old October 12th, 2018, 02:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would think any small or medium figure that is not an Android, Construct, or Symbiote would be fair game for him to bond with. Just bring the +3 bonus down, that's too high, but the melee attack only part helps deal with the strong ranged attackers. You could go with +1 auto skull & +1 auto shield instead of +2/+2.
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
At the end of the round, roll 2/3 unblockable attack dice against
Which 1/3 of the dice are blockable?

J/K

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 12th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I would think any small or medium figure that is not an Android, Construct, or Symbiote would be fair game for him to bond with. Just bring the +3 bonus down, that's too high, but the melee attack only part helps deal with the strong ranged attackers. You could go with +1 auto skull & +1 auto shield instead of +2/+2.
I wouldn't sweat the size distinction. We've seen tiny/large/huge symbiote hosts in the comics. Might not make a lot of intuitive sense that symbiotes can change size so freely, but they are portrayed that way, and it saves us a complicating factor for a design with a lot of room to get complicated.
Old October 15th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTITY = RICHARD RIDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

HUMAN ROCKET
When using the Flying special power, Nova may add 5 to his Move number. If he does, he can move through all figures, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and cannot attack this turn. After moving with Human Rocket, you may choose up to 2 figures Nova moved through this turn and roll one unblockable attack die against each of those figures.

NOVA BLASTS
When Nova attacks, if he did not inflict a wound, he may attack one additional time.

SUPER STREGTH?

FLYING
The New Warriors are a faction I'd be really interested in seeing him the battlefield. It's been a long time since I read the original run, but Nova is probably the character I'm most familiar with.
I tried to make him feel similar to the Rich we already have, but inferior. I don't exactly recall if this version was strong enough to qualify for superstrength, and while I'm pretty sure he could shoot energy blasts I'm not exactly 100% on that either. No matter what, he needs a power called Human Rocket.

Last edited by MrNobody; October 15th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy