Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 8th, 2018, 09:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek (Public Playtesting)

Post up in the PT sign up thread that he is available for testing, include the mini info, someone will update the public PT thread FP for you, someone else will update an ongoing list of soon to be released mini info, wait for testers to sign-up.

On public design the public testers will already have everything they need to run the tests, on non-public designs you will need to send them the card details. When someone signs up you can make any special requests you have for testing if you have something you specifically want/need to see. If a tester has questions about the design, answer them if you can, consult with the heroes if you're not sure.

When tests get turned in, be sure to link those results to the FP here. Review the results and point out anything you feel is particularly important or interesting in them you don't want others to miss. If an issue has come up, discuss solutions, make adjustments if needed, request more tests at a different price point if needed.
Old December 30th, 2018, 08:50 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Peter Stanchek

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Peter Stanchek & Silver Surfer vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (700 point total)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Peter Stanchek & Silver Surfer vs Thanos, Red Skull, & Venom (700 point total)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: So with a cost of 380, Peter Stanchek is priced like a heavy hitter. His powers and the dice he rolls speak to that, but his life total leaves a bit to be desired. With just 1 more life he would've been around at least another turn in both of my games. He's definitely draftable, he's pretty awesome to use, but it felt like he exited a little quickly both times considering his price.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I played him as a bread and butter/shark type, putting at least 2 order markers on him per turn. I think it works out, 1/4 of the time you get a second turn with one of the opponents units for free. The only negative I can think of is the temptation to use sting scream whenever possible. It seems like a good power for the early game, but when you're in the thick of it it might be smarter to just attack. But that's play-style and strategy, not any kind of issue with the design. Overall a bad ass character, just wish he had 1 more life.
Old December 30th, 2018, 08:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Awesome, thanks for the tests and feedback.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 10:27 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the test results shaolin! Right now, I'm not seeing anything particularly alarming, but that second test will be something to note, as it seemed a bit uneven there in the end.

Pete should definitely feel like a glass cannon. He's got no special durability really outside his psiot abilities, so 4 life is definitely the thing helping hold back the cost. I could see him dropping a bit over more tests.

I think we are good on sub-1000 point tests. As a 380 glass cannon, he seems to be appropriately swingy in lower point games so I think the rest of tests should definitely be higher point values.
Old January 5th, 2019, 05:57 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

If glass cannon is what you’re going for, that is what he felt like, so it makes sense. I think that second game was a little fluky. Venom was swinging away pretty regularly, and Thanos rolled 11 skulls out of 12 dice in that back to back attack, and Peter got one shield. I mean it’s bound to happen sometimes but the ability to kill guys like Red Skull in the second round still makes him an asset.
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:14 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Question: When Psionic Fields says "for the remainder of the turn" is it talking about that figure's turn or that player's turn? I'm going to play it as the player's turn for now.
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Player's turn is indeed the intent behind the power.
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright, thanks. He’s going up against the Turtles so he’ll certainly have a lot of chances to disallow attacks. This is already turning out to be a pretty lopsided battle anyways though.
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Just A Head

Here's my tests!
Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: (Insert Name Here)

Army Test
Map: Ivy’s Greenhouse
Units: Team 1 (975): Peter Stanchek (380), Captain Britain (285), Falcon (140), Angel (90), Shadowcat I (80)
Team 2 (980): Splinter (230), TMNT (700), Atom (50)

Spoiler Alert!

A total Steamroll. My plan here was to move everyone up and use Captain Britain as an OM hub, with Peter protecting him. This Peter/CB combo ended up being really effective, especially against the melee-based Turtles. Peter and Brian were able to get on the bridge and essentially use it as a bottleneck to make sure they were only taking on one or two enemies at a time. I was worried Peter would really mess up Turtle Power bonding with his psychic shields, but Leo died so fast it really didn't matter. The Sting SA was only used once and wasn't effective, but I'm certain that if you get lucky with it on OM1 it could prove really powerful. OMs were mostly on Captain Britain so Peter didn't really get a chance to mind control anybody.

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (985): Peter Stanchek (380), Captain America (C3G) (240), Bucky (60), Tigra (170), Michael Myers (135)
Team 2 (990): Cosmic Boy (260), Lightning Lad (180), Saturn Girl (220), Superboy (Kal-El) (330)

Spoiler Alert!

Killing Michael right after Tigra so he couldn't come back really helped T2 herre. I was hoping Peter could stretch out Cap's life, but that didn't really work this time around. Peter rolled several times for his mind control, but never once got lucky. Sting SA was never used; I just never felt it was worth the gamble, especially when he could instead attack Cosmic Boy. Peter's long range really helped outplay Cosmic Boy's Magnetic Throw. Still a loss for Team 1, even without Saturn Girl using her Blasts to remove Peter's OMs, which would've been a major threat.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: After finishing game 2, I think Peter actually has a lot of similarities to Captain America as a unit. Both want that 1 OM, both aren't going to stick around forever, but have massive influence while they do. He is absolutely someone that your enemy can't afford to ignore, but his glass jaw keeps him in check.

Psionic Fields is absolutely his key power in my eyes, it can completely stop enemies with multi-attacks or bonding in their tracks. Sure, Psychic Defense X is better, but it's also on far more vulnerable figures.

I didn't have much luck with the Sting or his mind control, but I also didn't get many chances to. I can see how they'd both be very valuable if you're lucky. Still, his big attack+range made me rarely feel like I was wasting a turn on him.

Overall, I think he's more or less balanced. Running him with Captain B was powerful for sure though. I can't reccomend him dropping any lower, but I don't fell like he really needs to go higher yet.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the memory mechanic on Sting SA, especially with how it'll interact with squad figures. Other than that, I think he's pretty cool. A figure this expensive with this little life is still kind of a novelty, and that makes him extra fun to have.
Old January 18th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Book Wyrm

Still looking very glass cannon-y. I definitely want to see at least one more Captain Britain test as that was the main combo I had concerns about for telepaths and it definitely appeared to be quite a wallop. The low life number he's got seems to do quite a bit for keeping his power level in check, which I am totally cool with and feels like it fits Peter's character and status.
Old January 18th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work Nobody!
Old January 29th, 2019, 03:29 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Still looking very glass cannon-y. I definitely want to see at least one more Captain Britain test as that was the main combo I had concerns about for telepaths and it definitely appeared to be quite a wallop. The low life number he's got seems to do quite a bit for keeping his power level in check, which I am totally cool with and feels like it fits Peter's character and status.
Would you mind giving me some army suggestions if there's anything particular you'd like to see?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library