Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 22nd, 2015, 02:20 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

We got two Heroscape battles in yesterday. Three-way free-for-all hero-only. We added a new rule limiting each army card to two Order Markers per round, with the X serving as a wild-card fourth turn. It made for a tactically challenging, yet very fun couple of games. I had the most fun, winning both games each thanks to critical sharpshots by Deadeye Dan, who is and remains, my favorite Heroscape figure.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old May 22nd, 2015, 02:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
We got two Heroscape battles in yesterday. Three-way free-for-all hero-only. We added a new rule limiting each army card to two Order Markers per round, with the X serving as a wild-card fourth turn. It made for a tactically challenging, yet very fun couple of games. I had the most fun, winning both games each thanks to critical sharpshots by Deadeye Dan, who is and remains, my favorite Heroscape figure.
We have played the wild card X as a 4th OM before when playing Classic. It is an interesting twist as it gives you some ability to react to your opponents moves. We stopped doing it when C3G became the scape of choice since so many C3G figures actually use the X for something. I like your 2 OM per card limit and hero only ideas, that sounds like a fun game.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 02:39 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just a note that the Mare Nostrum (2.0) Kickstarter went live about two hours ago, and has already met its minimum funding goal, for estimated delivery in November.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Just a note that the Mare Nostrum (2.0) Kickstarter went live about two hours ago, and has already met its minimum funding goal, for estimated delivery in November.
My buddy Brian backed it. He already has the original version with the original expansion. So he'll keep his pledge for the new one as long as it seems like the new one will be worth getting when he has the original one. I may consider it, but it's kind of pricey, and I just spent a bunch on new games. If all else fails, I can play Brian's copy.

It's a good game, and from what Brian said, the expansion made the first one better. So hopefully the new version incorporated some of what made the first one better with the expansion. Though the expansion added a 6th player option with Atlantis, so I don't think this will happen here, but the 2 player rules for the Punic wars could be interesting.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes, the new game has been re-balanced in several ways, to do the work the old expansion used to do. A different 6 player expansion may eventually be offered.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 07:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool

Old May 23rd, 2015, 07:23 AM

All nine Mare Nostrum stretch goals are now unlocked after Day One of 45, and an entire new group "which have been fully play tested" is due to be posted today! Although I've previously backed two expansions, this is my first Kickstarter full game investment. See more details on the Kickstarter thread!

The early deal I've chosen closes Memorial Day, and since this light Euro seems to be the kind of thing popular here, I've mentioned it so no one misses out. I know the feeling; I've been waiting 15 years to play it a second time...really.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

It's also good that it's set to deliver in November. That's not too far away really. Since this is quite a long campaign, (most of them are 30 days), I may end up being able to squirrel enough money away to get in on this toward the last few days. We'll see.

Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:46 PM

*LOST ATLANTIS FOUND!

The biggest cat is suddenly out of the Mare Nostrum bag. Besides a second set of Stretch Goals now being offered (most of which have already been unlocked overnight on Day Two (!), the most often asked question over the last six months on bgg is now answered. They are trying to see if they can afford to give the 6 Player Expansion to us as a Stretch Goal instead of a separate purchasable add on. It includes extending the map into Spain and more of North Africa, and, like the old versions's expansion, yes... The Continent of Atlantis. This turns the horseshoe of the five player map into a circle, which would be most excellent indeed.

With the two player game scenario as well and all the other stuff, this would definitely make the purchase price worth the deal for anyone interested, especially for the best/cheapest single game package being offered but ending tomorrow (Sunday).

If you are interested but don't buy in Lucy, then you got some 'splaining' to do! The minimum $60 cost now will get you for over $100 later after the campaign closes...and you won't even get all the cool stuff. Just sayin'...

Last edited by chas; May 24th, 2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old May 24th, 2015, 10:32 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
It's also good that it's set to deliver in November. That's not too far away really. Since this is quite a long campaign, (most of them are 30 days), I may end up being able to squirrel enough money away to get in on this toward the last few days. We'll see.
Well I backed the "TOKAIDO - Collector's Edition" KS that was supposed to arrive at my door LAST November in time for Christmas and... ho ho ho, and we are all still waiting. The last update explained all of the production problems and promised we have it [hopefully] by September.

@chas

Tanks fur shearing the info about the gnu MN KS. I have heard of the old "Mare Nostrum," but never played it. Some folks loved it at my old game group (before moving an extra 100 miles away). After waiting 15 years to play this game a 2nd time, I am surprised to hear your enthusiasm for this project. You've talked a lot about "Cyclades" and have obviously played it more often. How would you compare the two since I'm not familiar with either of them?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; May 24th, 2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: corrections
Old May 24th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well I backed the "TOKAIDO - Collector's Edition" KS that was supposed to arrive at my door LAST November in time for Christmas and... ho ho ho, and we are all still waiting. The last update explained all of the production problems and promised we have it [hopefully] by September.
Oh I agree John, I've had some late KS as well. But for Mare Nostrum, there doesn't seem to be the issue that some games have with minis sculpts and production delays from that process. Looking from a production standpoint, Mare Nostrum doesn't seem to have much to slow production. Of course, if there is a shipyard strike on the west coast again...well that's going to bring on delays due to shipping issues.

Often KS aren't "on time" so I usually think that even if it's a month late, that's not too bad. I've had some 6 months late and I know there's some that have been much much worse.

Old May 24th, 2015, 03:40 PM

To the person who negged me for putting this here: Sorry, I keep meaning to make each post the last one on this thread. But I don't know if that many people see the other thread, and as you can see, others are interested. Here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games