Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 1st, 2020, 04:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hulk - Vote Public PT!

All right, I'll post him up. Kind of struggling here on a Bio, don't want to dive too much into Bruce as he has his own card and everything I find talks about his growing strength to anger connection, which is what the last card was all about but not this one. Any ideas?
Old April 1st, 2020, 04:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Hulk - Public PT

"HULK SMASH!"

Do we really need anything more than that? If so, maybe talk about his relation (or lack there of) to the Avengers? Or like some of his most iconic rivals?
Old April 1st, 2020, 04:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was thinking about a one sentence bio that pretty much just said that. Something funny or witty would be enough for me.
Old April 1st, 2020, 04:55 PM
C3G Landlord

"No team, only Hulk."

or

"Hulk like real fire. Like... raging fire. Thor like smoldering fire."
Old April 1st, 2020, 05:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like the second one
Old April 1st, 2020, 05:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, that one seems to fit with the rivalry theme going on here.
Old April 1st, 2020, 09:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was going to go with "Hulk strongest of them all."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2020, 05:33 PM
C3G Landlord

A pair of losses here from Jekyll. I'll dig more into in a bit. First I need to respond to his question about play testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
PLAYTEST UNIT: Hulk

Army Test
Map: Ravaged Road
Units: Hulk, A-Bomb (780) VS Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops(II) (780)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ravaged Road
Units: Hulk, She-Hulk, Captain America(Steve Rogers) (960) VS Thor(Thor Odinson), Iron Man(Mark IV), Iron Man(Mark V) (960)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: If you can't tell, I had extremely bad luck with my rolls for the Hulk. I love the Jump, Smash, Throw power as a movement ability its a nice touch. I feel like the Thunder Clap could be just a bit more powerful, maybe it pushes all affected figures back for each skull rolled. Obviously he didn't work great for me, but I could see how having a rival could be nasty on the board.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really like the overall idea of this figure. He seems like he would work super well in an Avengers squad. I would definitely play this Hulk every chance I got. Question, is there a reason to continue a playtest after the playtest figure is down and out or should I just call it quits? Sorry this is my 4th playtest, trying to figure this out.
Old April 5th, 2020, 05:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Wanted to include the response I gave him. If anyone else has anything else to add, you can PM directly or let me know and I'll pass it along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Question, is there a reason to continue a playtest after the playtest figure is down and out or should I just call it quits? Sorry this is my 4th playtest, trying to figure this out.
Yes, it's important to play the whole game out. The balance of luck generally evens out over the course of a long game. One side can have everything going their way early, then it switches directions and the game ends up being a close one. So the final results are an important metric.

That being said, I have scrapped a few games early and just started the test over before a few times. Every once in a while it's clear very early on the game is not going to be helpful for whatever reason, it's best just to start over in those instances. Make a note of what happened and why you felt the need to restart, then play the same match again and use what you learned to hopefully get a better result. A general example would be not to rush a guy out as quickly and instead play it a bit conservative and see how that change in play style impacts the outcome.

We are all playing these units for the first time, so trial and error is part of the process as we try to figure out the best use for a new set of powers. Then we try to price units based on their overall potential when played effectively. The different experiences players have while experimenting with them are valuable in one way or another. Some times they lead to small tweaks in the design that make the unit better/easier to use/more efficient or effective/ etc.

As for Hulk, I won every game with him and bumped the points a bunch after the initial. Might just need to being it back down after a couple of loses. We are pretty tight on card space with this one as all 3 powers are fairly text heavy. I actually did have a move figures mechanic in the Thunderclap power initially, but ended up cutting it at one point as other powers got more complex.

It's really just there for crowd control, taking out squads who are trying to surround him and lock him down. I most likely would not have used it in your hero focused games (which is what I mostly play as well, so no worries there). One attack of 7 is better than an attack of 4 that hits multiple Heroes. Hero defense and life are just better than squads, so the 7 attack is more likely to quickly yield results that leads to a KO. Plus if two heroes engage him, he can throw one while attacking the other.

Thanks for the tests! Keep up the good work. We all started out asking similar questions.
Old April 5th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good answer.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2020, 05:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright looked over the results a little closer and this is my favorite part:

Round 2: Turn 2 Colossus throws Wolverine into Hulk dealing 1 damage. Hulk throws Wolverine back at Colossus and deals 1 damage to him.

Looks like maybe I just had such a good showing with him as he took on a lot of mid to low tier heroes. Once sent vs. the likes of Thor and She-Hulk, his def/life total were not anything too difficult to overcome. That makes me feel a lot better about his stat block. Thinking I just over did it with the 20 point bump.

Where do you guys want to see the next tests played at?
Old April 5th, 2020, 06:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

"I don't want this, you take it back!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library