Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Get out and Vote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Do I get a cookie?
Here you go. He's all yours.

Oh. Wait a sec. You said a cookie. Not "Cookie".

Sorry.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:16 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Quote:
Do I get a cookie?
Here you go. He's all yours.

Oh. Wait a sec. You said a cookie. Not "Cookie".

Sorry.

Beetle Bailey, loved it when I was a kid!
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I think it's better to have someone who will do what they say they'll do, regardless of affiliation. The RINOs are some of the worst, IMO, because they run on one thing and then do another.

It's like meeting a girl, falling in love, waiting our of respect to "consumate the relationship" and then, finally when you hit the sack, you find that they have a penis.

Beginning a relationship based upon a lie is no way to do anything, and politics is no different.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Do I get a cookie?
Only if your browser settings allow it.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I think it's better to have someone who will do what they say they'll do, regardless of affiliation. The RINOs are some of the worst, IMO, because they run on one thing and then do another.

It's like meeting a girl, falling in love, waiting our of respect to "consumate the relationship" and then, finally when you hit the sack, you find that they have a penis.

Beginning a relationship based upon a lie is no way to do anything, and politics is no different.
I can get that - I just wasn't sure how alot of Republicans would think about that long term, since nominating a few RINO's could have given them the Senate as well. Of course, since overall they did very well with the less controversial nominees, it might have been enough to shake up the Republican party themselves into toeing the "new" party line (since they have more tea party members actually elected now).

Regardless, it'll be an interesting 2 years.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm personally glad they flipped the House. It is encouraging to know that we still have a brake we can put on if enough of us think the administration is a runaway freight train.

But I do not have any faith in these Republicans voted in. I still firmly believe that if we don't fix the corruption in politics, then our problems just won't go away

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Last edited by Grungebob; November 3rd, 2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: brake? break? ugh
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm personally glad they flipped the House. It is encouraging to know that we still have a break we can put on if enough of us think the administration is a runaway freight train.

But I do not have any faith in these Republicans voted in. I still firmly believe that if we don't fix the corruption in politics, then our problems just won't go away
The mid-term flip is becoming a new norm - it's happened during the last 3 presidents.

Anyway, I can easily address why we didn't change our Reps in District 3 and District 6. Louisville and Lexington are socially liberally cities - you can elect a fiscal Republican but social conservatives have almost zero chance.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:39 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I am cautiously optimistic.
Having more of a checks and balance is always better, regardless of which party is in control
However, I am like most people, while I think the change is for the better, I certainly don't see the Republicans as the saviors of the country.
What will save this country is when the government learns to fear the people again.

Quote:
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826)
IF the newly elected officials remain true to their words () maybe the government will listen to the people again. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, although I strongly disagree with Obama and most of what he stands for, I will respect him as the leader of my awesome country.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I still don't know how Harry Reid kept his job...that guy is a scumbag of the highest order, his state has the highest forclosure rate, and some of the highest unemployment in the nation....what the F are they so cheery about regarding the job he's doing??
I think it's more that his opponent was a borderline racist nutjob. I didn't follow the race all that closely but I was in Vegas last week for business and the ads that she was running were straight up frightening. I'd have voted for him too, just to keep her out of office.

Note to Tea Party: Crazy != Qualified. See also: O'Donnell in DE.
And ticking off every Latino in the state probably wasn't her best move. If they had put in moderate Republicans in both Nevada and Delaware they would have easily won those states hand down.
No thanks! I've had enough RINO's to last me for a while. I want to see some true conservatism! Let's focus on small business first and then worry about health care.

That should have been the agenda in the first place!

Want to fix the unemployment numbers? Want more tax revenues? Help small business!
But is having a Democrat in place better than a "RINO" in your opinion, because that ultimately was the choice. Not saying it was better/worse, just that by nominating those 2 especially, they effectively took an easy win away from the Republican party.
Much better....I would very much prefer having a person whomI know where they stand than to have a wolf in sheeps clothing who is wildly unpredicatable. Also when things get voted in that I really dislike, folks tend to say, well some Republicans voted for it as well...RINO's are a cheap way to maintain Democratic seats and I want them either voted out or replaced with a Dem so the true colors are out for all to see. Which is alot of what we did this time......these folks should be afraid for their jobs. Cant wait for 2012 to see if we can get some more of these crooks out (not just RINO's mind you). I think a very clear message went out last night...it will most likely be ignored and blamed on the economy though....but I say if we can vote out the next lot as well then so be it. I dont think this is over yet. If those folks who ran on conservative principles do not come through either...then oust them as well or give the country back to the dems who have driven this car for the last four years and let them take it over the cliff the rest of the way. At least then we will have closure.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
I think a very clear message went out last night...it will most likely be ignored and blamed on the economy though
Even Jeb Bush said this was not a vote of confidence in Republicans who still are polling as a whole very horribly. No party does well during a bad economy - couple that with the new "apparent" reality of mid-term flip flops, I'd say it's far too early to know for sure what, if anything, this was a true referendum on. I think we will have to wait until 2012 election cycle to see if this is just the latest in a series of mid-term flops or a real push.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Now that Republicans have control of the house they are have to answer directly to the population. They need to get things done and not just "oppose" Obama for the sake of opposing him.

If they can't get things done that improve our situation, 2012 will be bad for Republicans.

I also don't buy into this "referendum" crap. Politicians don't have the will of the people or their best interests in mind. The only thing they care about is their team "winning". What happens to the middle class is of no concern to them. The last 30 years have proven that.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
I think a very clear message went out last night...it will most likely be ignored and blamed on the economy though
Even Jeb Bush said this was not a vote of confidence in Republicans who still are polling as a whole very horribly. No party does well during a bad economy - couple that with the new "apparent" reality of mid-term flip flops, I'd say it's far too early to know for sure what, if anything, this was a true referendum on. I think we will have to wait until 2012 election cycle to see if this is just the latest in a series of mid-term flops or a real push.
Sorry if I stated that wrong...I agree it was not a vote for the Republicans. The Repubs have wandered far enough from the path to actually begin to bring about a third party, something the Independents have hardly been even able to do very well. I think the message was last night that the American populace is tired of being ignored. When we say no to gay marriage yet you drive it though the courts you lose your position as a judge as happened in Iowa. When we say no healthcare and you slam it in anyways you lose your job. When we say no more stimulus and yet you give our money freely away, well you lose.

I think Americans are tired of having people tell us that the Federal Government deserves more powers and the states less. I think many are tired of people saying that those who do well for themselves should be forced to take care of those who do not, but not of their own volition, no the Gov should force you as well. I think the Government in the last 20 years has far overreached its authority and I woould expect if it does not stop that another shake up is coming. Most of us understand some Governemnt is neccessary...but this cradle to grave nanny state we are moving towards has empowered our leaders far beyond what was intended. I for one will be back in 2012 to hold the rest of these folks accountable for what they choose to ignore and whatever party votes to do such a thing has my backing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General