Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 6th, 2011, 04:35 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Louisville Monthly Tournament - April 2nd

April 2nd will be Heat of the Battle
Gencon listing: (remember the Louisville tournament is 510!

510 Armies, No Marvel
24 hex limit
Partial Card Scoring
Kill Points
5 Swiss Rounds - 45 minutes each
12-5:30 PM (short break after the 3rd round for a snack)
$5 Registration Fee

Pet Shop Comics
1191 Hillview Blvd # 4
Louisville, KY 40229
(502) 957-3188
http://maps.google.com/maps/

Bring a little somethin' for the prize table? $5-10 suggested value. (Anything board-game-related or just plain cool is fine.)
As actual HS product is getting increasingly rare, here are some suggestions:
Storage boxes

Heroclix or other similar miniatures
Color printouts of awesome HS art or issues of HS Codex
Color Printouts of great maps...
Cool novels you have already read
Cool DVDs you wll probably never watch again
Custom terrain
Gift Certificates... Especially to Pet Shop Comics!
Remember, not everyone who may want to be in a tournament will have their own collection - especially now! General use prizes are sometimes equally valuable.

There will be a focus on getting new players to give it a try, so loaner armies will be readily available.

Now accepting Map suggestions!
Spoiler Alert!

Attending:
El Diabolo +3
JSchild +1
Necroblade
Megasilver
Deroche (Don't worry, lots of other nice people will be attending)
Adalwolf the Destroyer +1

Maybe
Tribunal Power

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Last edited by El Diabolo; March 29th, 2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Update 3/29/11 Map Assignments!
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:03 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament - April 2nd

Can you post and/or link to the HoB rules we'll be using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
Bring a little somethin' for the prize table? $5-10 suggested value. (Anything board-game-related or just plain cool is fine.)
And I want to reiterate this - it's SUPER cool when everyone can go home with two or even three prizes (seriously, that happened in Florida once, three prizes/player)!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Josh and I are a definate, with a possible +1

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Put me a definite for now.

And I'll have some map suggestions that I can bring soon...

EDIT:

If you can't take the heat... by Dignan
Requires one Swarm of the Marro Master Set, one Volcarren Wasteland Expansion set and one Ticalla Jungle Expansion set.

If you can't take the heat...

Burial Marsh by Panopticon
Requires one Swarm of the Marro Master Set, one Battle for the Underdark Master Set, and one Road to the Forgotten Forest Expansion set.

Burial Marsh

Last edited by MegaSilver; March 6th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old March 7th, 2011, 04:20 AM

Tribunal Power Woo who?

I can give a solid "probably" because I occasionally work Saturdays. If I'm off, I'm there.

I'm looking forward to using my new army.
Old March 7th, 2011, 11:03 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is the link to last year's Gen Con maps:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community....php?t=29722#2

I could bring either Jotun's Gap or Warden, as well as Midnight Lagoon.

Old March 8th, 2011, 03:37 AM

Tribunal Power Woo who?

Are we allowed to modify our armies at all between games? Just curious.

Also, I'm not sure what "Heat of the Battle" really indicates; is that a specific set of rules, or just the name of the event? I just wanna make sure I plan for whatever the rules are.
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Here are the rules from the HoB tourney for GenCon 2011:

Quote:
Thursday Aug 4th 10am - Heroscape - Heat of Battle
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 450 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 24 hexes. Players take turns placing a card’s worth of units, unengaged, on any empty space. Battle begins after all units have been placed. Tournament is played in 1 hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.
Except of course, our tourney has 510 pt armies, not 450.

And TriPower, you cannot change/modify your army during the game, only in a draft tourney that is allowed.
Old March 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No Treasure Glyph's for this tournament, right?

Old March 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Yeah... that seems a bit pointless in this format.

BTW... big fan of Midnight Lagoon... Also Jotun's Gap is very good.

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:01 PM
What A Daseline

Quote:
Attending:
El Diabolo +3
JSchild +1
Deroche
Necroblade
Deroche (Don't worry, lots of other nice people will be attending)
You sure you want two of me there? Isn't one bad enough??

Old March 8th, 2011, 04:38 PM
What A Daseline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Yeah... that seems a bit pointless in this format.

BTW... big fan of Midnight Lagoon... Also Jotun's Gap is very good.
You might want to reconsider since we're trying to emulate Gen Con most of the time? Rÿchean posted the following in the Gen Con 2011 thread. I followed up with him in a PM and he confirmed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
I want to try to use power glyphs sparingly and in static locations whenever possible versus random. I am not saying there won’t be random power glyph maps, just that I am going to try to limit them. Gerda could be used depending on the map.

There will be a focus on Treasure glyphs with every event and map having them. Right now I plan to use these:
  • Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
  • Heroic Rune (attack +1)
  • Talsiman of Defense (defense +1)
  • Potion of Healing (temp – remove 3 wounds)
  • Scarab of Invulnerability (temp - ignore wounds)
I think these glyphs are powerful enough to encourage players to go for Treasure Glyphs. Not sure on the traps, yet..we may even go map specific there as well. 3-5 Treasure locations depending on the map and then additional locations for Treasure Quest event.
I added the bold and italics. I think the point of making them powerful to entice their use is a good one. In the tourney we just played, not much glyph grabbing took place, apart from me trying for them with my dragon and dying each time, that is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events