Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
GenCon 2011 - Heroscape Events: question and answer

Thursday Aug 4th 10am - Heroscape - Capture the Flag
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 450 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 24 hexes. Each player will have a Glyph of Brandar to defend. Players can win by ending a turn with one of their figures unengaged and on the opponent’s Glyph. Tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Thursday Aug 4th 10am - Heroscape - Heat of Battle
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 450 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 24 hexes. Players take turns placing a card’s worth of units, unengaged, on an empty space. Battle begins after all units have been placed. Tournament is played in 1 hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.
Additional information: Players will roll the D20 to see who places their first card's worth of units. The D20 roll winner can defer, if they choose. The player who places units second will have initiative for the first round.
Thursday Aug 4th 3pm - Heroscape - Treasure Quest
Secure the most Treasure Glyphs to win! Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 16 hexes. Tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Thursday Aug 4th 3pm - Heroscape - Smack Down
All out War! Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army. Marvel allowed; army size is limited to 24 hexes. Tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Friday Aug 5th 10am - Heroscape - Slugfest
Packing a Punch! Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 480 point Heroscape army, Marvel allowed; army size is limited to 24 hexes. Units with Range 1 receive an additional attack dice, when making a normal, adjacent attack. Tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Friday Aug 5th 10am - Heroscape - 3 Pack Draft
Texas Style! Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring 3 "packs" worth of figures and cards (Rotv/Sotm=3;Large Hero/BftU=2; Boosters=1) to be pooled with their opponent's. At least one pack must have uniques, but no duplication of unique pack is permitted. Players then Draft a 420 pt army using standard drafting rules. Tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.
Additional information: The player who rolls highest drafts first and selects one card from the combined pool of cards. After the first selection, players alternate, drafting 2 cards per drafting turn. Players place units in their start zones as they draft them.
Friday Aug 5th 3pm - Heroscape - Championship: Day 1
The Main Event! Open to all players, 72 positions. 5 round swiss style tournament with the top 16 players advancing to Day 2. Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army, (no Marvel) army size is limited to 24 hexes. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. See Day 2 for additional details and Day 2 rules.

Saturday Aug 6th 10am - Heroscape - Championship: Day 2
Reverse the Whip!! Day 2 players bring the same army they played on Day 1. Players will be switching armies with their opponent for every match. Can you beat the army that got you to Day 2? four times in a row? Others will be using your figures and cards; if you don’t want people touching your stuff, do not play in this event. No Reinforcements this year!

Saturday Aug 6th 10am - Heroscape - Dragon's Hoard
Hoard the Treasure! Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring a pre-drafted 480 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Your army MUST include at least one Unique, Dragon Hero. Army Size is limited to 24 hexes. A player can instantly win if a Dragon they control holds 3 Treasure glyphs. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Saturday Aug 6th 10am - Heroscape - 4x4 400
Open to all players, 28 positions. 4 round swiss with one game final, if necessary. Players bring FOUR, pre-drafted 400 point Heroscape armies, no Marvel. Army Size is limited to 24 hexes. No card can be used more than once across all 4 armies; multiple commons allowed. Players assign the value 1 - 4 to their armies; army # will be drawn at random each round until all 4 are used. The final will be Pick Your Poison. Prizes will be awarded.

Saturday Aug 6th 3pm - Heroscape - General Wars
War of the Valkyrie Generals! Players bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army Size is limited to 24 hexes. All Army Cards MUST be from the same Valkyrie General. The Valkrill units will be classified as Utgar for this event. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. The highest ranked player for each Valkyrie General wins prizes.

Sunday Aug 7th 10am - Heroscape - Heroes Only
Open to all players, 24 positions. 4 round swiss tournament with 1 game final. Players bring order markers, wound markers, dice, cards, and a pre-drafted 550 point Heroscape army that does not include squad units. Marvel allowed. Army cannot exceed 12 hexes. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Sunday Aug 7th 10am - Heroscape - Monster Mash
Open to all players, 24 positions. 4 round swiss tournament with 1 game final. Players bring a pre-drafted 550 point Heroscape, no Marvel. The army MUST include at least 3 Large/Huge, unique/uncommon units. Army cannot exceed 24 hexes. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes will be awarded.

Sunday Aug 7th 10am – Heroscape - Tournament of Champions
Event open only to players who have won a med to lrge Heroscape event at GenCon, from 2006 to current. 24 positions. You must sign up through Heroscapers. Champions bring a pre-drafted 500 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 24 hexes. Each round is different: Rnd 1 = CaptureFlag; Rnd 2 = TreasureQuest; Rnd 3 = HoB; Rnd 4 = ReverseWhip. 4 round swiss; 1 game Final will be straight play. Prizes will be awarded.

Win-a-Tundra Schedule:
Thursday Aug 4th 11am, 2pm, 5pm (additional heats possible depending on sales / support)

Win-a-Lava Schedule:
Thursday Aug 4th 2pm, 5pm; Friday Aug 5th 11am (additional heats possible depending on sales / support)

8 players, single elimination mini event. Each winner of an 8 player heats receive 1 NIB Lava(or Tundra) set. One entry per person, per session. Players bring a pre-drafted 450 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 24 hexes. Additional 8 player heats may be run in the same time frame, with generic tickets, depending on space and product availability.

--

Maps

There will be 9 maps built 4 times each. Random Power glyph locations are marked in maroon on the start zone images. Treasure glyph locations are marked in gold. The locations marked in green are additonal treasure glyph locations for the Treasure Quest and Dragon's Hoard events only. The locations in orange are the flag locations for Capture the Flag.

Every event will use these maps:

Guardian by Dignan

Download Page

Trailblazer by Dignan

Download Page

Breach by Dignan

Download Page

Fulcrum by Dignan

Download Page

Common Ground by gamebear

Download Page

Ticalla Sunrise by gamebear

Download Page

Burial Marsh by Panopticon

The power glyph location on this map will be a treasure glyph location for the Treasure Quest and Dragon Hoard events.
Download Page

Crystal Watch by Panopticon

Download Page

Convergence by R˙chean

Download Page

Glyphs, Traps, etc

Random Power glyph locations are marked in maroon on the start zone images. Treasure glyph locations are marked in gold. The locations marked in green are additonal treasure glyph locations for the Treasure Quest and Dragon's Hoard events only. The locations in orange are the flag locations for Capture the Flag adn will be marked witha power glyph of brandar.

Power Glyph Pool
  • Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +8 ) - When you roll for initiative, add 8 to your die roll.
  • Glyph of Valda (Move +2) - For each figure you control, add 2 to their Move number.
  • Glyph of Lodin (+1 to D20) - When you roll the D20, you may add 1 to your die roll.
  • Glyph of Kelda (Healer) - Only figures with one or more Wound Markers may stop on this Glyph. When one of your figures stops here, remove all Wound Markers from its Army Card. Temporary/Single Use.
  • Glyph of Wannok (Wound) - At the end of every round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, the figure on the Glyph receives one wound. If you roll a 2 or higher, you may choose an opponent who must give one wound to any figure he or she controls on the battlefield.
Treasure Glyph Trap: On a roll of 1-5, do not reveal the Treasure Glyph. Instead, for each figure standing on a Treasure glyph or a Power glyph roll a battle die, if a skull is rolled the figure receives a wound. On a roll of 6 or higher, reveal the Treasure Glyph and place it on that Hero’s Army Card.

Treasure Glyphs
  • Heroic Rune (Attack +1) - This figure adds 1 additional attack die when making a normal attack. Permanent.
  • Talisman of Defense (Defense +1) - This figure adds 1 additional defense die when defending. Permanent.
  • Brooch of Shielding (Disengage) - This figure is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Permanent.
  • Potion of Healing (Heal up to 3 wounds) - This figure may drink this potion after revealing an order marker on its Army Card. Remove up to 3 wound markers from that figure’s Army Card. Temporary/Single Use.
  • Belt of Giant Strength (+2 adjacent normal attack) - This figure may use this belt before rolling attack dice for a normal attack against an adjacent figure. This figure adds to additional dice when attacking with a normal attack this turn. The treasure glyph, Brandar's Chest will be used to represent the Belt of Giant Strength for the events. Temporary/Single Use.

This is where we will be located within Hall G:

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 29th, 2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added layout
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon Events 2011 - Prelimnary schedule

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year. Looks like some good events here.
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:28 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Well done as usual R˙chean. I look forward to playing this year! At a quick glance, I am down for at least 4 tournaments.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread

Last edited by Arcus; January 24th, 2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:38 AM

No, David, No is surprisingly tart

Reverse The Whip!! What a brilliant, yet cruel tweak!

If I am lucky enough to make to day two I will really get spanked using armies I have no business using!

nDn
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

So....

Thur 10AM - HotB
Thur 3 PM - Smack Down

Fri 10 AM - Slugfest (BONUS FOR MELEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Fri 3 PM - Championship

Sat 10 AM - Championship (So how good are you guys with knights?)
Sat 3 PM - General Wars

Sun 10 AM - Ry you are killing me!! I have to defend my 2 time Unique Hero Jotun Awesomness but the tournament of Champions looks freaking sweet!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:26 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
the tournament of Champions looks freaking sweet!!
trying to draw out the spider

Last edited by R˙chean; January 24th, 2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: I wonder if CVN would like an hononry slot in the ToC?
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

There are some awesome events this year! Slugfest (Minions ftw! ), 4x4, ToC and Reverse the Whip (best of all!) are brilliant. Great job Ry, I wish I could make it.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Ooooh it really makes you think twice about bringing Q9, Rats, Raelin.

I really like that twist! It encourages you to play an army that's not necassarily the regular cheese so you won't kick yourself when you face it. If your comfortable with an army thats say only B+ level and you make it to day 2, you'll have a good shot at beating it if your opponent has an army that's a solid A army, which is likely. Of course, making it to day 2 is the common problem, I should know how tough that is. . So there will definitely be players playing their A+ on day 1 to make day 2...but then get served by a more respected player who made it there with their cool personal B+ army and using that same A+ build as a taste of their own medicine! . It will really tests your true skill at Heroscape, if you know the ins and outs of each different build. Genius!

Quote:
Sun 10 AM - Ry you are killing me!! I have to defend my 2 time Unique Hero Jotun Awesomness but the tournament of Champions looks freaking sweet!!
I'm in the same boat. Monster Mash is also the same time. I may have to step down at defending my title, Champions is like a must!

It really kills me to have to choose what events I won't be in. . They're all so exciting! On top of that, I'm planning to play in some Summoner Wars events. Man, I wish GenCon was like two weeks and you got to play in every event.

Last edited by Cleon; January 24th, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:30 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great lineup, looking forward to this!
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ry you are killing me!! I have to defend my 2 time Unique Hero Jotun Awesomness but the tournament of Champions looks freaking sweet!!
It will be interesting to see how much the Silver Surfer alters the landscape in that format. If someone brings Jotun to kill the Surfer, they better pray for a well-timed initiative switch, because otherwise they won't even get an attack in. Maybe trade out Jotun for the Hulk?

Seriously, though, it's all about the ToC. Bring it!

R˙, I assume "medium or large" means anything except the win-a-waves, right? (Speaking of which, what's the format for the win-a-lavas and win-a-tundras? 500 point kill-em-all?)

And yes, CVN should totally take an honorary spot in ToC.
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:24 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Ry you are killing me!! I have to defend my 2 time Unique Hero Jotun Awesomness but the tournament of Champions looks freaking sweet!!
It will be interesting to see how much the Silver Surfer alters the landscape in that format. If someone brings Jotun to kill the Surfer, they better pray for a well-timed initiative switch, because otherwise they won't even get an attack in. Maybe trade out Jotun for the Hulk?

Seriously, though, it's all about the ToC. Bring it!

R˙, I assume "medium or large" means anything except the win-a-waves, right? (Speaking of which, what's the format for the win-a-lavas and win-a-tundras? 500 point kill-em-all?)

And yes, CVN should totally take an honorary spot in ToC.
There were other events that were 8 man heats with no final and no champion....like Slugfest in 2007.

I made a list of everyone that currently qualifies....I'll post it next. Of course winners from this year will qualify as well.
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Yeah, anything that wasn’t at least 4 rounds: Win-a-wave, Annihilation Alley and even the first Slugfest were all just 8 player heats. Those do not qualify for the ToC.

Win-a-Lava/Tundra will be 400 or 450, kill ‘em all. I haven’t decided yet; I still need to submit those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con