Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 8th, 2014, 10:44 PM

Blatimus knows what's in an order marker Blatimus knows what's in an order marker
Re: Played my first game today!

Nice to see someone new to the game in Michigan! Looks like our state is seeing a Heroscape resurgence

I'm not sure if we will pull together a tourney at Grand Con, it's still in the works: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=50124

But we have quite a few who have been playing HS in MI recently.

With summer upon us I'm sure there will be opportunities to play, at least some casual games.

Just about anything you want to know about Heroscape can be found by searching this site. If you can't find it, I'm sure someone will quickly point the way for you.

What is cool is all the time people have devoted to make Heroscapers the best game resource. If you want to make your own custom figures and such, check here first. Many of the members have put in serious time in to play testing and figuring out how best to fit customs into the game right down to the details of making official looking cards.

Welcome to the game! Lots of fun guaranteed for years to come!
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:33 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I think it's more of, everyone who's been playing in Michigan for years finally realized there's others playing as well. I believe the Grand Con Heroscape is going to happen, it's just a matter of what events are actually used. Let's get some michigan wide scape going!
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:42 PM

Zarklin knows what's in an order marker Zarklin knows what's in an order marker

I'm really looking forward to Grand Con, hopefully we can get registered today. I'd love to see Heroscape there

Everything/one on this site has been amazingly helpful getting us started. It would be great to get in some casual games this summer (so long as I can get a babysitter). We're still in the learning phase but I'm hopelessly hooked on scape.

My wife and I have really gotten into all things tabletop over the past few months (though heroscape fills 90% of the game closet lol). We’d love to find a group of like-minded adults to play with regularly and we're hoping to find a gaming group someday. We've been trying to hit the semi local comic/game store once or twice a month but it's hard with a little one and finding a sitter. I've been trying to get some co-workers into table top or back into it (since aside from my wife they're the only people in this state I know) but it's proving difficult.

Thank you all again for the warm welcome!
Old May 9th, 2014, 02:28 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Buy a bunch of real cheap Heroclix and play C3G!

I second this motion!

If you are into Super Heroes or Modern characters at all, you owe it to yourself to check out C3G. Heck, even if you DON'T like Supers, you can still use some of the more 'normal' units like the 5th Precinct Beat Cops and the various SWAT units they created. HeroClix minis are extremely affordable, widely available and are super-easy to integrate into your HeroScape set thanks to the magic of C3G.
Old May 11th, 2014, 03:36 PM

Lily is surprisingly tart

If you're looking to buy, I have a couple of cheap unit recommendations that make for a good pool.

Marro Stingers are a strong squad you can get for pretty cheap.
4th Massachusetts Line is about $15 for a squad, so pick a couple up because they're great.
Venoc Vipers and Venoc Warlord are cheap and fun.
Getting all the components of a Roman army is doable for little, Marcus Decimus Gallus along with Roman Legionares (which I apparently can't spell) and archers can be picked up for cheap, my dad loves those.
Death Knights of Valkrill is actually one of my favorite squads, and the bonding on them opens up some unique draft options.
Get Krug, he's so much fun. For me, that is <3
Cyprien/Sona are ~$20 total and are great heroes.
10th Regiment of Foot are about the cost of 4th mass and are also good.
Warriors of Ashra were pretty cheap when I last checked.
Major Q9, Nilfheim, Guilty McCreech, Isamu, and Otonashi are all good heroes available for cheap online.

Some dudes to avoid: Fyorlag Spiders, Aubrien Archers, Agent Skahen, Master Win Chiu Woo, Zombies of Morindan, Sacred Band, Zetacron, Sujoah, Zelrig, Gurei-Oni, Wo-Sa-Ga, Gladiatrons, Axegrinders of Burning Forge

All of these units are too expensive if you're trying to get a nice, cheap, rounded draft pool. With Axegrinders Of Burning Forge being $40 a pop (my dwarf army will never see the tabletop </3) and Skahen and Win Chiu Woo being $60 up to even $80, they aren't a way to efficiently expand your pool.
Old May 11th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thankfully proxying is quite effective for most of those units. Knights and Champion armies are boss and great to use. The Knights themselves are expensive, but you should be able to find something to proxy them with.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM

Zarklin knows what's in an order marker Zarklin knows what's in an order marker

Thank you for the advice Lily, I'll keep an eye out for those squads . How many do you think is good? Right now I'm shooting for 2 of all the commons (very long term goal lol) but I'm wondering if 3-4 squads of the cheaper ones would be the way to go? EDIT.. you answered that already.. I need coffee lol
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Buy a bunch of real cheap Heroclix and play C3G!

I second this motion!

If you are into Super Heroes or Modern characters at all, you owe it to yourself to check out C3G. Heck, even if you DON'T like Supers, you can still use some of the more 'normal' units like the 5th Precinct Beat Cops and the various SWAT units they created. HeroClix minis are extremely affordable, widely available and are super-easy to integrate into your HeroScape set thanks to the magic of C3G.
Thirded, even if you aren't into Superheroes I recommend it, as it's a tonne of fun! I wasn't into Superheroes before - C3G actually got me into them (little ashamed to say this, but I actually considered them childish - man I was a prude ). Most of the characters I still don't know, but the gameplay's awesome!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:19 AM

ScottyZ is surprisingly tart

Couple of random thoughts ....

If you're ever feeling like 'scape is expensive just check out Warhammer prices, and its still in print.

Like others have said it's pretty easy to make your own snow/lava/jungle terrain.

All of the cards are available here so you can try any unit using proxy figures. Also, there were tons of the Nakita Agents around here for a while so I bought an extra pack, and with a little paint made my own Agent Skahen (a Gencon exclusive figure that uses one of the Nakita scupts).

Welcome to the fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion