Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Yeah, you can label me a dumbarse for that folly. :P

-insert signature here-
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
nyys, if you write a report about tonights battle, be sure to include the part about when I killed your unwounded Braxas with a 19 from Deadeye :P

Have a nice day!
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:32 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi
nyys, if you write a report about tonights battle, be sure to include the part about when I killed your unwounded Braxas with a 19 from Deadeye :P

Have a nice day!
Yeah that was fun...

Too many games that night to keep everything straight, the only important note is that I got my arse handed to me 4 times. Two of the games I could have pulled out but just couldn't get over the top so to speak and two were a combination of poor army composition and that 10% D20 roll coming to fruition (or not coming as in the 65% chance that the AE drops each time you roll, but I failed all 5 times).

What made Deadeye's shot hurt even worse was that Braxas got two shots at him 1st with her Acid Breath, both times on the 1st roll I failed to kill Deadeye (but would have killed a regular squad fig), then on the 2nd roll (on a regular non-hero) I rolled 17+ which would have killed him outwright.

I hope this just means that my rolling will revert to the mean during our upcoming tourney...

1000th Post!

-insert signature here-
Old March 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
sounds fun.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:58 AM

Re: nyys Battle Reports

My five year old son got his first taste of the infamous Deathwalker whiff earlier tonight.

He could not come to grips at all with how a Fyorlag Spider could kill DW8K.

The look of utter shock was priceless.

-insert signature here-
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm lucky enough to have never whiffed on a Deathwalker roll, but I don't usually play him so it isn't much of an issue.
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I'm lucky enough to have never whiffed on a Deathwalker roll, but I don't usually play him so it isn't much of an issue.
That just means 'the whiff' is out there stalking you. Watching. Waiting. Ready to show itself when it will hurt most. Be afraid... be very afraid.

-insert signature here-
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When did you start playing Heroscape with your son?

My oldest is almost 4.

Right now he's much more concerned with building huge, completely flat maps and covering them with multiple copies of "my t-rex" (Grimnak) and "my dragon" (Mimring).

He does roll dice occasionally for us when we're playing, but quickly gets bored with that.

I'd love to read a battle report that included your son's Deathwalker whiff...
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My son started playing when he was 5...we progressed up to Order Markers with him when he was 6 and he now plays in the regular tournaments with the big boys...he even came in 6th in the last one.
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
When did you start playing Heroscape with your son?

My oldest is almost 4.

Right now he's much more concerned with building huge, completely flat maps and covering them with multiple copies of "my t-rex" (Grimnak) and "my dragon" (Mimring).

He does roll dice occasionally for us when we're playing, but quickly gets bored with that.

I'd love to read a battle report that included your son's Deathwalker whiff...
Yep, been there with the massive flat maps. I started him on the game at 4ish (mostly because he fell in love with the figures), and it was definitely frustrating at times, but I just let him do his thing. After every 4-5 games I'd try to instill another rule of the game (we play the basic side).

I started with teaching him what each color meant since he can't yet read the cards. The number in red is attack, blue is defense, gray is range etc...

Just getting him to move (and count) correctly was a challenge, then moving double spacers was the next hurdle.

The more we played the more I would introduce (albeit slowly). He's going to be 6 in a couple weeks and in that time (all still with the basic side of the cards) we've moved on to counting the sides of hexes to move up, initiative, +A/D for height advantage, the road bonus, Line of Sight, stopping in water, death in molten lava, and disengaging.

What used to be frustrating is now very easy for him and he understands the new concepts much more quickly now.

Also, just the repetition with all the numbers that are involved got him way ahead in learning numbers and adding/subtracting. I make him count out all his dice when rolling and identify each number on the D20.

He's at the point now with some of the cards that he knows all the stats without looking. Really amazing to watch his development.

Lately, and even though we use the basic side of the cards, we allow any fig with wings to fly and for the 'snakes' to go thru water unhindered. Very much unbalances the basic game, but he's learning and it's not about competition at this point obviously.

I jumped the gun a little bit a couple weeks ago and tried to play the advanced game with him and he got bored really quick as I tried to explain all the special powers.

Back to the basic game and the continued slow introduction of the more advanced rules and concepts.

Couple more years I'll have my very own gaming minion.

-insert signature here-
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Couple more years I'll have my very own gaming minion.

Awesome!

Very helpful--next time the "map game" is out I'll have a battle with my son. Maybe a few one-on-one fights similar to pokemon will get him going.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:56 PM

Good luck, and have fun. I found that the more dice the kids get to roll the more they enjoy the game, which is why I think my son goes for the Deathwalkers a lot. That, and they're giant robots.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports