Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 6th, 2006, 04:03 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Note I cut out the "balanced" and "testsed" parts of the line and added the :P

I was just joking as I read the "it's a new map" line out of context and it sounded funny. I suppose horrible is a bad word to use in that context, sorry. As far as whether or not it's actually worthy, I didn't say no, I said I haven't played it yet. I gave a few first glance impressions and concerns, but there's no way I'll vote on it either way until I've tried it out myself.
Old November 6th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm not even saying it should make the cut either. What I am saying is that it deserves to be looked at. It was enjoyed at our last tourney. I had a ranged army that lost to an all melee army on this map.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 6th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I had a ranged army that lost to an all melee army on this map.
This is where playtesting in invaluable. Taking a second look I can see how an all melee army could just keep moving forward (as it is a smaller sized map).

Would this be the norm? not sure, only playtesting would tell.

And since 2 people have played it and liked it, I would be inclined to try it out myself.

Recent Games Played:
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
I'll be happy to give Mole Hill a shot. I've never played it. My only first impression concern is it might make life difficult for double-spaced non-flying figures. But that is an at-a-glance first impression.

It could take me a few weeks to get in a few games on this one.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
On mole hill, when you guys say 2 random glyphs, what is the random pile from? Are the glyphs from the MS ( all of them )? And what way are you playing the glyphs, random selection ( and they are then shown ), or random till you land on them and turn them over?

I got in a couple of games last night on the board ( mole hill ) , I like it. I think it favors range, but almost all boards do.

It is intersting for me to play on boards that are not symetrical, because I always make my boards symetrical so you are playing on even sides. But Hasbro is yet to make a board symetrical. I think mole hill works in a lot of ways. and is a fun board. Really fast to set up.

I have some game time with Kenntak tomorrow and was going to see about using mole hill and get his opionion on the board.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
On mole hill, when you guys say 2 random glyphs, what is the random pile from? Are the glyphs from the MS ( all of them )? And what way are you playing the glyphs, random selection ( and they are then shown ), or random till you land on them and turn them over?

I got in a couple of games last night on the board ( mole hill ) , I like it. I think it favors range, but almost all boards do.

It is intersting for me to play on boards that are not symetrical, because I always make my boards symetrical so you are playing on even sides. But Hasbro is yet to make a board symetrical. I think mole hill works in a lot of ways. and is a fun board. Really fast to set up.

I have some game time with Kenntak tomorrow and was going to see about using mole hill and get his opionion on the board.
Hendal, I think what is meant by random glyphs is that you make a pool of glyphs usually about 6. You lay them face down, mix em up and then choose two randomly and place them face down on the glyph spots. Flip them over before the game begins and they act as focal points that encourage players to move toward the center of the map for the reward gained by the glyphs. Keeping them random encourages players to build adaptable armies that are not glyph-centric.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old November 9th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I guess you could use a curse in the glyph pool and if one guy was down on guys and the other guy had a lot it would be worth stepping on the curse.
I prefer playing where the curse glyph only affectst eh team that steps on it, but that is a house rule of ours.

Old November 9th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
I guess you could use a curse in the glyph pool and if one guy was down on guys and the other guy had a lot it would be worth stepping on the curse.
That is the exact reason for having it. But we do not use any glyphs in our tourneys that have a negative effect. We use them as incentive to move and reward. We do not want to have them penalize players.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Thanks GB.
I have played Mole hill a few more times and still think it is a good board.

Old November 14th, 2006, 10:51 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
My feelings of Mole Hill...

I had a chance to get a few games in on the Mole Hill map again. It is a really nice map. I think it does a good job with the space limitations of a single Master Set. Though it may not be the prettiest map , I feel that it is tournament worthy. It is well balanced and easy to construct. I didn't feel that any terrain was lacking or was needlessly used.

I believe that Mole Hill is worthy of entering the Halls. I vote yes.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old November 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I originally recommended Mole Hill for the Dallas tourney.

The map itself seems to favor range but really it is small enough to allow melee to close around the lake. It is a balanced map.

As UPC said, it is a quick, easy set up; a small map that dictates quick action. On these points it was a great tourney map.

It does lack aesthetically and that bothers me a bit. I was hoping the first inductee would be a prettier map but that isn't what this is about.

Based on our criteria, I also vote yes for Mole Hill.
Old November 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Hey guys. My schedule has been pretty busy lately, so i haven't had time to play any HS. I've looked at the map and think it looks great, but until I playtest it once or twice, I can't give it my vote.

So, I'll probably get to it early next week. In the meantime, should we start a nomination thread so that we have the next one ready to go in a couple weeks when this one is out the door?

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios