Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
fixed.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We don´t cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
lonewolf and I played on justjohn's Ruins at Dhibah Oasis map last night. I was, again, great to play on. lonewolf used Ornak on the first turn to activate Brunak who carried Runa almost halfway across the map, then activated Runa for the second part of the Ornak turn and got where she could use her special on a whole bunch of my people. Some 18 rolls of the d20 produced two 20s and instant death for my guys. The later part of the game (and it came down to my Grimnak and his Ornak at the end) centered on the glyphs and riverbank. It was also my first game to play against zombies. They're sure pesky devils. We had a good time with the map.

I vote YES. It is quick, varied, and provides a place for solid play.

By the way, we had a neat game night of it last evening. The ltfighters were here, along with lonewolf in from Phoenix, and a couple of other friends, and the LongHeroscapers(Dr. and Mrs.). We played UPC's two team castle map, a three person map I threw together, and jj's Ruins map. I cleaned up and took down things this morning, but left the Ruins map up to play on again...that ought to tell you something about the value of the map in my opinion.
Old January 29th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I am working on maps specifically for tournament play. I have 4 so far that I will submit sometime this week. Arctic divide is an excellent map, I've played it in 2 tournaments. Mole hills is too simple. I like a map as challenging as my opponent. The maps are created with 1 master of course and I try to incorporate at least 2 expansions. More info later.
Old January 31st, 2007, 11:34 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I have uploaded my maps into the download section and would like to submit them to the judges. They are titled Tournament Series. Hope they meet or exceed your expectations.
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69
I have uploaded my maps into the download section and would like to submit them to the judges. They are titled Tournament Series. Hope they meet or exceed your expectations.
Xraine69, please refer to these bylaws, especially section 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler
Heroscape Maps Approved for Competitive and Tournament Play

By-laws

Goal: To offer the Heroscape gaming community balanced, playtested maps for both tournament and competitive play. And to establish standards for playable, balanced, and aesthetic maps.

SECTION 1: Submission guidelines and tips
1. Maps shall contain 24 start zones.
2. Maps should be balanced for 1-on-1 competition between two (2) 500 point armies.
3. Maps shall be limited to 1 MS and up to 3 terrain expansions, no two of which can be the same, with the exception that 2 Road to the Forgotten Forests are allowed. Keep in mind the fewer expansions a map includes the more likely it is to be used. If the map makes use of a few wave expansion tiles, that will be acceptable. Submitted maps must state what expansions are needed.
4. Anyone can nominate a map for consideration, but it will not go through the judging process without a majority vote of the Council.
5. Submitted maps must include build instructions.
6. Glyphs are not required, but any number may be used to enhance a map.
7. Maps should not heavily favor any one special ability to the point that it makes the map non-competitive if an army does not contain that ability (i.e. flying, lava resistance, etc.).
8. Do NOT slap a map together and nominate it for consideration. Playtest your submitted map AT LEAST once, or judges will be likely to hunt you down and flog you with wet noodles.

SECTION 2: How maps are judged
1. Maps nominated for consideration will go through the following process after a majority vote of the judges.
2. Maps will be playtested competitively at least once by all judges, using 500 point armies. Candidates for approval will be playtested more than once.
3. Consideration for approved maps will be given, generally, based on the following criteria and in this order: balance, interesting play, and aesthetics.
4. Time for consideration is: as long as it takes for the judges to make an informed decision.
5. Great maps will be approved; not good ones. Don't let this discourage you.
6. Judge discussions will occur in a public forum on the official non-official Heroscape web site: Currently www.heroscapers.com
7. Voting on maps will occur in private, but vote totals will be presented publicly.
8. Maps that receive a super-majority of 75% of the Council will be formatted and given the Battlefields of Valhalla Seal of Approval. Judges may abstain from a vote on a particular map, thereby reducing the total number of votes needed for acceptance.

SECTION 3: Self-governance
1. The Council will contain six judges. The first judges are: CornPuff, Eclipse, Revdyer, Riggler, R˙chean and UranusPChicago.
2. Judges will maintain their position unless a) They are not heard from by fellow judges on the official non-official Heroscape web site for a period of 31 days, or b) They abstain for a total of three months or for three consecutive maps under consideration, whichever comes later.
3. If a vacancy on the council occurs, judges will be replaced by those who a) show interest in serving, and b) after consideration of the sitting judges receive 75 % vote of approval. Voting and discussion of a replacement judge may occur in private.
4. Judges will not be allowed to vote on their own maps. During the judging of their own maps their vote will be considered an abstention for the percentages needed to both playtest and approve the map. Their vote will NOT be counted as an abstention for purposes of the "three consecutive maps" criteria in Section 3-2-b.
5. These by-laws may be changed and amended at any time by a 75 % vote of sitting judges.
First, submitting a body of work isn't a manageable situation for us. Please nominate one map at a time.

Second, present the nomination formally as if you are genuinely interested in taking the time to present a map that you know from game experience is a great map for tourney play. Specify some reasons and experiences associated with why you are making the nomination.

Previous nomination example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun
I played on Arctic Divide in the NC tourney with Heavy Snow and Normal Ice, and I thought it was the best map I've played on in a tourney (out of 7 maps.) The map doesn't favor ranged units and melee is slowed by the Heavy Snow. With Slippery Ice it would take forever to get anywhere on this map, so that is why I do not nominate it the way it is written. Now I am using this map for my tourney in Cincy, and I am surprised to see no one has nominated it here. I think it is time to nominate Arctic Divide by UPC
We want nominations for sure.

Please make a more concerted, focused nomination and we will make the effort to judge it. At the present, I wouldn't consider any of your maps to be nominated because I see no pics, no links, no reasons why it would make a good tourney map.

Thank you for your interest and please reply with a focused nomiation about a specific map.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:43 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Xraine69, I have to "amen" what R˙chean has said. We are eager for good maps, but have to constrain the pathway for their submission to the judging process. Thank you.
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:25 PM
Scenariographer

My official apologies. Pics should be up by tomorrow. As far as build parameters, I have met them, except on a new map called Molten Pass, it does use 2 VW, but that expansion is pretty small. So, for my first submission, I would like to submit Fire and Ice(1 Master,1 TT and 1VW). It has been playtested in a mini-tournament and everyone loved it.(Goobertown,NC) If you play with slippery ice it slows movement around the outside of the map. Limited line of sight, so it reduces range and creates a more balanced play between melee and range. Thank you for your consideration.http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=486
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
My official apologies. Pics should be up by tomorrow. As far as build parameters, I have met them, except on a new map called Molten Pass, it does use 2 VW, but that expansion is pretty small. So, for my first submission, I would like to submit Fire and Ice(1 Master,1 TT and 1VW). It has been playtested in a mini-tournament and everyone loved it.(Goobertown,NC) If you play with slippery ice it slows movement around the outside of the map. Limited line of sight, so it reduces range and creates a more balanced play between melee and range. Thank you for your consideration.
link?
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
My official apologies. Pics should be up by tomorrow. As far as build parameters, I have met them, except on a new map called Molten Pass, it does use 2 VW, but that expansion is pretty small. So, for my first submission, I would like to submit Fire and Ice(1 Master,1 TT and 1VW). It has been playtested in a mini-tournament and everyone loved it.(Goobertown,NC) If you play with slippery ice it slows movement around the outside of the map. Limited line of sight, so it reduces range and creates a more balanced play between melee and range. Thank you for your consideration.http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=486
Thanks, xraine69. I've downloaded the files, will build the map, and our Central Arkansas group will play our hearts out on it.
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Scenariographer

Thank you. Hope you enjoy.
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:57 PM

I hope we will too. The picture will help to make sure we have the glaciers right.
Old February 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Recap of current business:

justjohn's Ruins at Dhibah Oasis is up for judging; no votes as of yet

download HERE

xraine69's Fire and Ice is up for judging; no votes as of yet

download HERE

Peace out

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios