Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 30th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

You have a solid point that JLA Leader/Founder Canary and BoP Canary are really different career stages for her.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 30th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I mean fair point, but what would be super-different mechanically/thematically different between the two really? I’m not an expert, but the 2 versions seem similar enough that they could be one Leader Dinah.

One of the mentioned problems with the original draft I did was that it would be hard to get her to work with thematic allies. If you class-restrict it, you miss out on some BoP members with oddball classes, but if she’s a generalist there’s not much to push her towards those thematic allies other than the theme itself. The JL system walks the line between the two, which feels really comfy to me.

For reference, my experience with JLA leader Dinah is the mid-late 2000s era. Not that far removed from the Simone BoP run, and the League is in contact with Oracle a ton. Final Crisis for example.
Old August 30th, 2019, 03:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess she did have some membership overlap there. I'd bet you could find the exact dates with some research.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 30th, 2019, 06:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd like a combined Birds/JLA Canary (though I'm not familiar with her time as JLA leader). I think not including Interlopers in our JLA Batman was a mistake.
Old August 30th, 2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think not including Interlopers in our JLA Batman was a mistake.
My feelings about that are similar to T-Spinny’s about Judge Dredd.

Old August 30th, 2019, 11:55 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess the question for me is if there’s enough potential thematic differences between how she leads the BoP and how she leads the League. If there’s enough there to warrant 2 designs, I’m totally cool with making the BoP version a separate thing. But from my (limited) experience, she’s more or less the same in both roles. Therefore, I don’t have a problem roping the BoP into the larger superhero community, as long as it doesn’t ruin their potential to work well by themselves.
Old August 31st, 2019, 12:08 AM

I agree with you. I think it was worth thinking through, but I think you’re right.

Old August 31st, 2019, 12:35 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think not including Interlopers in our JLA Batman was a mistake.
My feelings about that are similar to T-Spinny’s about Judge Dredd.
I used to be upset by it but since you ended up going a different way with Geo-force it bothers me less. The Geo-Force power you had would have been perfect with JL Batman.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 31st, 2019, 12:37 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I guess the question for me is if there’s enough potential thematic differences between how she leads the BoP and how she leads the League. If there’s enough there to warrant 2 designs, I’m totally cool with making the BoP version a separate thing. But from my (limited) experience, she’s more or less the same in both roles. Therefore, I don’t have a problem roping the BoP into the larger superhero community, as long as it doesn’t ruin their potential to work well by themselves.
I fully support this approach. Having a BoP Canary would be cool. If it works as a JL leader as well, cool.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 31st, 2019, 05:14 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd support tweaking JL Bats to include Interlopers if it matters to be people. Seems a minor change in the great scheme of things.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 31st, 2019, 08:13 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No issues with adding Interlopers to JL Batman on my end. # of classes being called out at once was the prior concern from some corners.
Old August 31st, 2019, 08:32 AM
Just A Head

Thematically, having them be the same guy is a bit weird (Batman formed the Outsiders when he quit the League), but it seems like they got over that nowadays. I’d have no problem with adding that in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy