Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 5th, 2022, 02:36 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Missing TWELVE (AoA Personal Customs by Anitar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I owe you some notes, so here are some first impressions.
And I thank you for that.

Quote:
Q11 After I called him that too, it occurred to me that he's probably supposed to be Major Q11, so I added that. But I see you changed his left hand descriptor away from that.
Per the designer's notes, he didn't come online until after a piece of Q10 was integrated; logically, he couldn't possibly have served in Alpha Prime's military as a Major.

Quote:
Adaptive Arsenal Now this is a creative new take. I'm not sure what the point of the "each die" language on the Range 2 option is: since Special Attacks cannot be modified, you're always only rolling one die.
It's like how VC uses the same terribly flawed wording for Charging Assault that the canon does. If I didn't phrase it the same as Deadly Shot, that could be interpreted as meaning it works differently than Deadly Shot.

Quote:
You might as well list the Range 7 attack first, so that they are all in range order.
They're all in Attack order. Highest to lowest.

Quote:
Flash of Mercy I'm surprised Q11 takes no damage himself. Especially since the lore has him being destroyed doing it. Good take on the idea.
It would've been a mess and a half to have him take the damage for them. What happens if he switches into Grimnak's Chomp, which can't legally target him? What happens if he switches into an attack from Denrick, who should've rolled more dice against him, when the switching occurs after the attack rolls? That kind of thing. Think of it like he's just shoving the other figure out of the way, rather than intercepting the hit.

Quote:
Sonlen Dragon Vein "Paths of Mystical Energy Coursing Through the World." We'll have to have a discussion about Ley Lines and Feng Shui some time. Nicely done.
...Actually, I only found out about that kind of "dragon veins" because of video games. I'm not quite that well-read.

Quote:
Drake

Grapple Chain I have difficulty with the physics of his moving next to a Small or medium figure (as also in my own 'Grapple Grab').
If he's in the air and not firing his jetpack away from the target, he has no leverage at all. Alternatively, maybe the grapnel caught on some solid ground next to the target.

Quote:
I may copy your language for leaving attacks; my text is too long.
Go for it.

Quote:
Undying Hero So this works only against super unusual powers only like Cyprien's Chilling Touch? (Which I now notice does not say "Special Attack"). I'd love to see a list of others that can't be used against him. Maybe someone will list them in a Book of Index. Braxas' Poisonous Acid Breath. Grimnak's Chomp. Maybe there are more of these than I realize.

I take it that the idea is that he can't be suddenly eliminated by a Deus Ex Machina power, he only goes down after a struggle!
There are a lot of them. Among the "revealed" AoA content alone, there's Xenithrax Vines, Parasite, Stomp 8, Blast Furnace 15... and falling damage.

Quote:
Checking the point values and costs for the 5 Heroes, we're certainly in the same design universe. I hadn't seen these when I made mine, although in your comments on mine you made a few unspecific references to things you were doing for these.
Yeah, I was still working on mine when yours went up, and posted them later in the same day.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations